I am fucking PISSED OFF at this country

I am fucking PISSED OFF at this country.

Indonesia has the 4th highest population in the world, yet can you name ANYTHING that comes from it? You can't. It's irrelevant. Completely irrelevant. Something that is inexcusable for a country comprised of 250 million people.

Every country has it's particular quirk, except Indonesia. It's an enormous waste of space. Can you name one thing to come out from it?

Can you name any indonesian:

>food
>scientists
>philosophers
>inventions
>sportsmen
>cultural traditions
>celebrities

It even isn't a meme-worthy third world nation where you can get some laughs about after reading about some terribly convoluted civil war or insane, incompetent dictators either. In the case of my country, you can think of a few soccer players or carnaval. It's not a tenth of what comes up when you think about grander nations, but at least it's SOMETHING. Can you do that with Indonesia? No.

Indonesia is a huge shit in a stagnant puddle waiting to be flushed.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_and_dependencies_by_population
youtube.com/watch?v=x4c_wI6kQyE
youtube.com/watch?v=X-1QfkerFxo
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Science_and_technology_in_Indonesia
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indonesian_philosophy
whatsindonesia.blogspot.mx/2017/01/7-world-inventions-and-discoveries-made.html
ranker.com/list/famous-athletes-from-indonesia/reference
youtube.com/watch?v=igIu-shinvI
imdb.com/search/name?birth_place=Indonesia
dailymail.co.uk/wires/afp/article-4947710/Giant-python-attacks-Indonesian-man-eaten.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I somewhat agree but Brazil it's the last country this should come from

you are literally only known for bad things

>criminality
>drugs
>slutty girls (good for the rest of the world, bad for your image)
>getting 7-1'd at home

indonesia at least has great food, cant say the same about brazil

>food
Satay

yea, that's about it

>yet can you name ANYTHING that comes from it?

future australians

It's better to be known for bad things than not be known at all. At least my country's failures can provide some laughs on Sup Forums or whatever.

Indonesia has great food but the rest is shit in my opinion. Most of the population is muslim and they get more conservative in their ruling each year

>Food
Mi Goreng
Satay
Nasi Goreng
Fried Rice
>Scientists
None that i know
>Philosophers
None that i know
>Sportsmen
None that i know
>Cultural Traditions
Indonesia has many cultures, traditions etc. In fact i would say Indonesia is on par with say Japan, China etc.
>Celebrities
None that i know

There's like 70000 Indonesians here. Shut the fuck up Amerigoblin.

I have literally never heard of Indonesian food before, probably you do since it was your colony at some point.
Brasil is right, is baffling how fucking irrelevant that shithole is when it has the 4th largest population in the world

Nope
But that's a good thing. I wish my country was like Indonesia and nobody talked about it ever.

immigrants

this motherfucker is indonesian btw

Terrorists
Air pollution
WE WUZ
Immigrants

They produce pulp and paper with Finnish made mills.

gamelan

t. abo

This. These guys will be relevant for awhile if everything goes well.

The quirk is:
>asian
>muslim

Also they produce great action movies. Like "The Raid"

I think gamelan music is cool. It influenced british rock band King Crimson in its 80s reincarnation.

They are also in Civ V and (soon) VI kek

you are mad bcuz paki are catching up? :^)

Please just nuke this shithole

Food comes from it. coconuts and spices

american education ladies and gentlemen

paki already passed brazil
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_and_dependencies_by_population

he is mostly right, though?

Rich Chigga is the only Indonesian export I know of.

It's because there isn't really any reason its a country the people don't even speak he same language and the government just tires to keep things together

Meh. I think we do have somethings that are relevant but we aren't really a common country that people would instantly know.

Nobody talked about the communist genocide till 50 years later, or the Occupation of East timor till 25 years later, or the insurgency in aceh because of the tsunami, or our confrontation with our ""Brother"" Malaysia, or the smog we produce from burning our rainforests, and nobody talked about the 2-way civil war we had with an actual islamic caliphate.

This is why we are irrelevant. Because being irrelevant is better for all of us. With the amount of mistakes and failures my country had commited I think its best we forget Indonesia and focus on Komodos and Bali.

That being said I think its fine if we do get a mention for whatever quirky things we did or Biodiversity because thats really all we got to show for.

Indonesia is mostly Isolated. We only migrate to Saudi Arabia and Malaysia now. Nobody wants to leave our country except for really desperate Javenese or chinks.

nasi goreng
tempeh

gamelan is pretty cool t.bh

kek, how will monkey ever recover?

>Indonesia has the 4th highest population in the world, yet can you name ANYTHING that comes from it? You can't.

NOT SO FAST, monkey

love it :3

I just know them as upside down poland

The only thing I know about indonesia is that they messed with Timor-Leste and then our then-prime minister Antonio Guterres (now president of the UN) made Timor's independence a cause celébre. It's basically the cornerstone of his UN career.

Also that Indonesia has more islands than stars in space.

I'm not wrong. They are the only mongoloids (bone structure) with such a high number of muslims.

He's not wrong

I know Funkot and the The Raid movies

>bunda
>oscar niemeyer
>uma delicia

Yeah whatever.

Islam was born in Asia you know?

Komodo dragons and chainsmoking babies
youtube.com/watch?v=x4c_wI6kQyE

Literally the only thing I know about this cunt is Jakarta and that they have somenthing in common with the Netherlands (met once an indo-dutchie gal)

Official Name: Republic of Indonesia

The Dutch began to colonize Indonesia in the early 17th century; Japan occupied the islands from 1942 to 1945. Indonesia declared its independence shortly before Japan's surrender, but it required four years of sometimes brutal fighting, intermittent negotiations, and UN mediation before the Netherlands agreed to transfer sovereignty in 1949. A period of sometimes unruly parliamentary democracy ended in 1957 when President SOEKARNO declared martial law and instituted "Guided Democracy." After an abortive coup in 1965 by alleged communist sympathizers, SOEKARNO was gradually eased from power. From 1967 until 1998, President SUHARTO ruled Indonesia with his "New Order" government. After street protests toppled SUHARTO in 1998, free and fair legislative elections took place in 1999. Indonesia is now the world's third most populous democracy, the world's largest archipelagic state, and the world's largest Muslim-majority nation. Current issues include: alleviating poverty, improving education, preventing terrorism, consolidating democracy after four decades of authoritarianism, implementing economic and financial reforms, stemming corruption, reforming the criminal justice system, addressing climate change, and controlling infectious diseases, particularly those of global and regional importance. In 2005, Indonesia reached a historic peace agreement with armed separatists in Aceh, which led to democratic elections in Aceh in December 2006. Indonesia continues to face low intensity armed resistance in Papua by the separatist Free Papua Movement.

>Muslim
>humid
>everyone smokes
Fuck that place

they were colonized but unfortunately not civilized by the dutch

Population: 255,462,000 (2015 census); 260,580,739 (July 2017 est.)
Religions: Muslim 87.2%, Protestant 7%, Roman Catholic 2.9%, Hindu 1.7%, other 0.9% (includes Buddhist and Confucian), unspecified 0.4% (2010 est.)
Ethnic groups: Javanese 40.1%, Sundanese 15.5%, Malay 3.7%, Batak 3.6%, Madurese 3%, Betawi 2.9%, Minangkabau 2.7%, Buginese 2.7%, Bantenese 2%, Banjarese 1.7%, Balinese 1.7%, Acehnese 1.4%, Dayak 1.4%, Sasak 1.3%, Chinese 1.2%, other 15% (2010 est.)
Principal Languages: Indonesian
Languages: Bahasa Indonesia (official, modified form of Malay), English, Dutch, local dialects (of which the most widely spoken is Javanese); more than 700 languages are used in Indonesia
Literacy Rate: 94% (2015 UNESCO)

>india
>336 million more people in 17 years

>modified malay as oficial language
>english
>dutch
>700 local dialects
>94% literacy rate
Doubtful at best.

Let us rule you again. Its not too late

not real countries

Here's the thing, rather than assume those things you mention don't exist start by having the humillity of assuming you don't know about them because rather than some sophisticate connisseur you're some poor dumb fuck who wastes his time on a Malagassy figure skating website.

>food
youtube.com/watch?v=X-1QfkerFxo
>science
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Science_and_technology_in_Indonesia
>philosophy
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indonesian_philosophy
>inventions
whatsindonesia.blogspot.mx/2017/01/7-world-inventions-and-discoveries-made.html
>sports
ranker.com/list/famous-athletes-from-indonesia/reference
Cultural traditions
youtube.com/watch?v=igIu-shinvI
>celebrities
imdb.com/search/name?birth_place=Indonesia

Look at that, 10 minutes in Google and it turns out Indonesia is a country with ancestral cultural traditions far richer and more beautiful than anything in Brazil.

Pretty much only thing i know from Indonesia.

WE WUZ PADJAJARAN KANGDOMZ N SHIET! FUCK THEM JAVANIGGERS MAJAPAHIT. CANT EVEN CONQUER OUR KANGDOM.

NEVAR FORGETTI DYAH PITALOKA SPAGHETTI BUBAT WAR.

T. Cecep Dadang Kahuripan

AING BOBOTOH PERSIB!

>Languages: English
lolno

Indonesians are insanely bad at speaking English.

>Be mexican
>get beheaded

>Look at that, 10 minutes in Google and it turns out Indonesia is a country with ancestral cultural traditions far richer and more beautiful than anything in Brazil.
Yet Brazil is more relevant and present in popular culture. This is what op post is about.

>posting Wiki links for things like "Science and technology"
Into the bin it goes

Heck, you could probably write a Wiki page for fucking "Culture of North Dakota" (assuming one doesn't exist already), after all it's easy to find a handful of cherrypicked irrelevant shit if you dig hard enough. But the existence of such a Wiki page would hardly mean that North fucking Dakota has noteworthy culture, would it?

If you can't actually summarize it in your own words, then don't fucking resort to just posting links without adding anything. That's intellectual cowardice.

All of that is shit. Indonesia has no culture, no nothing. It's nothing but a no-name nothing "country".

Also, whole west Asia is muslim, central Asia and even South Asia except for pajeets

Muhammad was born in a region where present Saudi Arabia is and spread it across the middle east. It reached the Indian subcontinent due to mughal invasion. Not in oriental asia. The area surrounding Indonesia is interesting because they were conquered by different foreign invaders at a much later date. Like how the neighboring Philippines is catholic because of Spanish invasion.

t. American education

And remind me the continent where Saudi Arabia is located at?

Indonesia has been the ONLY country so far to withdrawn from the United Nations.

>By letter of 20 January 1965, Indonesia announced its decision to withdraw from the United Nations "at this stage and under the present circumstances".
>By telegram of 19 September 1966, it announced its decision "to resume full cooperation with the United Nations and to resume participation in its activities".
>On 28 September 1966, the General Assembly took note of this decision and the President invited representatives of Indonesia to take seats in the Assembly.

Thats pretty cool I have to admit

>Be Russian
>Drink yourself to death

In the West, which you Russians claim you're not a part of, not in Asia. Anyway I addressed the very categories OP used as a yardstick, in a few Brazil does come ahead, if we are talking culture their strongest card is music, in others they're about even and in some the Indonesians flat out win, cuisine would be the relevant one here.

I value culture more so I lean towards Indoneisa on this one, if you're a celebs and sports type, yes, obviously you'd appreciate Brazil more.

>Standard Malay (derived from court Malay), both in terms of its linguistic structure as well as its sociolinguistic function, has its closest counterpart not in a particular Local Malay dialect but in Standard Indonesian.
>Standard Indonesian was developed from literary ‘Classical Malay’ of the Riau-Johor sultanate.

"Pop culture" is just american "culture" and whatever is close to it that the americans decided to grossly stereotype nd show it on their "culture".
Hell,i would be glad my culture isn't being bastardized in some american tv show. Just because indonesian culture doesn't apper in a shitty american media product doesn't mean it's worthless.

If i were to say what i know about Russia from "popular culture", i'd just say you are a bunch of drunk evil commie soldiers or something like that.

The fuck is an Indonigger doing in Mexico of all places?

He was talking about the race of asians ie mongoloids not the continent of asia, which includes caucasoids like arabs

have you never heard of Embraer?

Dude, it's a lot to summarize, I just posted relevant links for each category, that's being practical not cowardice. And you're a hypocrite, you're nitpicking form not content, your "into the bin" tripe is 12 year old dumbfuckery.

Meanwhile you're a nothing country with a big name? GTFO gringo

oh god let this be happened.

Now that I remember, Geert Wilders' mother is half Indonesian, checkmate atheists

Fucking mexicaca, we are talking about the relevancy of their culture here not about their "quality", Indonesian culture doesnt get past SEA monkeys, and while Brazillian culture might not reach everywhere in the globe with the same strength, its still way more known than Indonesia

>Dude, it's a lot to summarize
It's not at all difficult to write the most relevant shit from each category within a few lines if you actually know about it.

> And you're a hypocrite, you're nitpicking form not content
because your form is indicative of a lack of content

They are really STRONK
>smoking while mining sulphur from volcanoes without any protection whatsoever
dailymail.co.uk/wires/afp/article-4947710/Giant-python-attacks-Indonesian-man-eaten.html
The CN-235 they joint developed with Spain is a rather popular aircraft

You want to make this about cultural relevance? YOU? Real world, that's outside of /int, Indonesian culture is far more relevant than the whole of southern cone put together.

Who claimed I'm an expert? That's, once again, 10 minutes in google. And yeah, wikipedia would be a nice introductory read for basics on any given topic aside from your faux snob pretensions.

Wow i never expected us to be third
I thought they were 5 or 6th

satay sauce. but that's probably because I've lived in the Netherlands

And they once chimpped out and murdered hundreds of thousands of Chinese-Indonesian. Can't blame them tho, Commie sympathizers deserve that fate

>murdered hundreds of thousands of Chinese

wtf I love Indonesia now

Every nation has to organize a chinese masacre at least once

>chilean education

After slavery became illegal in Dutch Guiana in 1863, the Netherlands began to import plantation workers from their possessions in South Asia (starting from the 1870s) and from Java (since the 1890s), now Javanese Surinamese constitute 13.7% of the population according to the 2012 Census, down from 15.2% since 1972 (just three years before Suriname's independence), and half of them still speak Javanese Surinamese, which is kind of similar to the one spoken in modern day Java, kind of like the relationship between Dutch and Afrikaans but Dutch is the only official language of Suriname, even though Sranan (an English creole) is also used as a lingua franca.

Indonesian
Indonesian is the national language of Indonesia. When independence was
declared in 1945, bahasa Indonesia (“Indonesian language”) was decreed as
the country’s official language. It is actually the same language as Malay,
spoken in Malaysia. Although Indonesian is the mother tongue of only about
25 million people out of a population of 225 million, it is estimated that as
much as three-fourths of the population now understands it.
At independence the spelling systems of the two countries differed somewhat,
as the Malay system was developed by the British, and the Indonesian
by the Dutch. In 1972 the two were unified, with the Malay variant adopted
in most cases. Indonesian j gave way to Malay y (kayu – wood), and dj to
Malay j (gajah – elephant). The ch sound, which was ch in Malay but tj in
Indonesian, is now rendered by the letter c (kucing – cat), while the sh sound,
sh in Malay but sj in Indonesian, is now sy (syarat – condition).
A number of Indonesian words, however, have been adopted from
Javanese, the country’s most widely spoken language, in preference to the
Malay. For “city” Malay bandar is kota in Indonesian, “room” is bilik in
Malay but kamar in Indonesian, and “shop” is kedai in Malay but toko in
Indonesian. The Indonesian plural, like the Malay, is formed by merely
repeating the word, as in angan-angan in the poem above, which means
“fantasies.”

Malay
Malay is spoken in Malaysia and in a number of adjacent countries. In
Malaysia it is the mother tongue of about 10 million people, or half the total
population. There are also about 2 million speakers in the southernmost
provinces of Thailand, as well as 500,000 in Singapore and 250,000 in
Brunei.
For centuries Malay was also spoken along the eastern coast of Sumatra,
and on the western, southern, and eastern coasts of Borneo (Kalimantan),
which are now part of Indonesia. As this area lay on the great trade routes
in colonial times, Malay became the lingua franca of much of present-day
Indonesia. When the Republic of Indonesia was established in 1949, Malay
was chosen over others as that country’s official language, though it was
called Indonesian. There are some differences in vocabulary between the two
countries, but their languages are essentially one and the same.
Malay is a member of the Austronesian family of languages. Beginning
in the 14th century, with the conversion of many Malays to Islam, an adaptation
of the Arabic script was used for writing. In the 19th century the British
developed a Roman-based alphabet that is in general use today. It differed
somewhat from the one developed by the Dutch for Indonesian, but in 1972
the two systems were made the same.
Prefixes and suffixes as we use them are virtually absent in Malay. Many
grammatical functions are accomplished by adding an extra word.
The centuries of colonial rule brought many Portuguese, Dutch, and
English words into Malay, such as buku (book), pensel (pencil), siling
(ceiling), and sekolah (school). English words of Malay origin include
gingham, sarong, bamboo, rattan, kapok, cockatoo, paddy, and amok.
Orangutan is a combination of the Malay words orang (person) and hutan
(forest). Compound, in the meaning “enclosed area,” comes from the Malay
kampong, which means “village.”

Stop anjenkkk

Not just the Chinese, but they killed off something like 20% of the population of East Timor in a genocide following an invasion literally days after the country declared independence from Portugal. They also are currently genociding the Papuans in West Papua and ignoring their calls for an independence referendum.

This is why I said Brazilians are so mean in my thread then a Brazilian called me a faggot.

OP is aussie proxy.

I wonder what is the lifespan of these miners.

You should be indonesia too

Malaysia is substantially better

You should be Turkey too

>everything i dont like dont exist
marvelous display of intelligence right here
>Chinese-Indonesian
>Commie sympathizers
the most retarded facebook stuff i read today

B A L I
A
L
I

>Nie Hoe kong
kek

>Smoking gudang garam or whatever cheap cig
>Breathing sulphur dioxide for half a day
>Probably drinks extra joss daily
I don't think they would reach 50, no amount of /fit/ can save you from that hazard.
>Joining someone who tries to gas you every single year

just because you don't hear of anything, doesn't mean it's devoid of it. Indonesia has abundance in all of those things, more than that they have lots of unique shit rather than copy&paste of their cultural sphere and that of others.

Pretty sure Indonesia Malaysia and Singapore were the same people, then Singapore and Malaysia got seperated.

Singapore bexoams nice English colony then Malaysia did chips and failed, Indonesia is just the poorest may crowded part.