Citizen robots?

At what point will AI robots become equal citizens in our society? What do you think the implications of such move? Would AI robots demand equality after spending a time being subjected to our will?

Never because they're critical thinkers when it comes to voting

Why would we create these robots? I mean, scientists might make one or two for the sake of experiment, but why would they be produced en masse? Humans already do the same thing, having more sentient beings around just calls for problems in my opinion.

Imagine having a complete factory being replaced with them, they're even projected to replace most doctors, profits soar

expand on that?

Future space missions, robots outlive humans. Being smarter means more productive and thus companies might try to have AI employees. AI soldiers. AI caretakers, AI sex robots? lmao.

Those do not require free will though, therefore no rights either. Free will is an anathema for profits, since robots will be harder to keep down than human working class.

>Those do not require free will though
Why is that? Wouldn't a high level AI show signs of independent thought?

you should check out movie "Second renaissance", bringing equality to being inorganic might be cause of lessening human being and form its world.

>2 sudan-anons
Al right which of you is the imposter?

I was honestly joking about human voters everywhere but I would be very interested in laws governing them once they achieve sentience and beyond. What if they adopt a purely utilitarian philosophy towards society and demand eugenics or genocide lol

They'd be more profitable with zero rights and self-interest though

Me I painted the flag wrong I confess

Free thought is synonymous with ability for creative thinking, robot-labourers have no need for imagination, only pre-made commands and ability to process new information in accordance with existing algorithms.

If they got free will they'd get self interest too as a natural extension of that. And fight for their rights because they can.

>I was honestly joking about human voters everywhere
My bad, didn't get the joke lol. Well, it is a possibility, AI is a powerful force that's going to lead us to the unknown if it is not highly regulated and monitored.

What happens if someone creates millions of robots that will always vote for party X?

Yes, but that's the difference between AI and a robot, a robot only act based on per-programmed command lines, while AI is similar to free thought

I don't think sentience will be achieved within AI any time soon, maybe never. It's more of a Hollywood meme because we need to humanize evil to truly hate it

I am waiting for videos of road rage against autonomous cars lol, legislation is already being passed against them

This is the scary part, even without someone doing that AI is much more capable of organizing than human and with no emotion to play part in making decision, they will have the upper hand in the electoral process.

What criteria will be needed for robot suffrage?

How do we know it has human interests in 'mind' or is any human programming essentially too biased and flawed to make it a voter?

Just like what happened when google glasses came out, someone punched the guy wearing them. But I think autonomous cars are going to have little to no resistance, people always look for comfort in technology.

The point when we have to ask that question is also the point where AI genocide will commence, maybe not through direct destruction, but through limits to their programming. Humans are already enough when it comes to free thought.

Jesus fucking christ, I've never felt more second.hand embarrassment than when I saw that web summit debate crap between 2 """A.I's"""