Are Alawites and Maronites both Phoenicians?

Latakia and Beirut were both founded as Phoenician cities.
Alawites still have aspects of Canaanite paganism in their religion.
Maronites still have cultural influence from the Phoenicians.
Why don't they work together and create a Pheonican state?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phoenicianism
cell.com/ajhg/fulltext/S0002-9297(17)30276-8
latimes.com/science/sciencenow/la-sci-sn-canaanite-lebanese-genetics-20170727-story.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Lebanon is a Syrian province. It has always been this way.

Syria is an Italian province.

Because that would be a second shoah.

None of tgem are phoenicians, phoenicians were White Europeans unrelated to population in there now, or do you call whites black because they were in nigeria?

>haplogroups

O am laffin

Are Indians with R1a haplogroups the same as Poles? Kys

GUYS GUYS

CHADIANS ARE WHITE EUROPEANS GUYS

WE

Wuz

SEA MERCHANTS N SHIEET

Because the Phoenician identity is dead
Aramean still has hope tho

Also Lebanese are descendant of Syria
If anything it should be Assyrians

DAAAS RITE, WE WUZ EXPLORIN DA SEAS TILL DA PERSIAN MAN CAME

The Assyrian empire is Iraqi though. The Syrians had their own Kingdom (can't remember it's name) that was under the control of the Assyrian empire. The north of Syria was controlled by the Hittites (Turkey). The Kingdom didn't have anything to do with the Phoenician city states.

Best photo I could get to illustrate my point.

The only reason I put them in control of all of Syria is because alawites currently control Syria.
If i was just doing core region it would just be the two Coastal governates of syria

>Palestine

Like UAE user said; the identity has long been dead. No one speaks the language (except for the small pockets of people who still speak Aramaic), they no longer worship Phoenician deities or follow Phoenician traditions. It will never work and it's extremely stupid. No offence.
Philistine*

>Are Alawites and Maronites both Phoenicians?

Spot the 1/4th Syrian Amerimutt

>Like UAE user said; the identity has long been dead. No one speaks the language (except for the small pockets of people who still speak Aramaic), they no longer worship Phoenician deities or follow Phoenician traditions. It will never work and it's extremely stupid. No offence.
There are plenty of Maronites that still consider themselves Phoenician and Alawites have beliefs that originate from Canaanites.
My parents are Lebanese.

Assyria Bordered both Syria and Iraq

They also invaded their neighbours whic made it the strongest semitic Kingdom at that time

>that still consider themselves Phoenician
Phoenicians that don't even speak the Phoenician language or worship Phoenician deities? That's laughable. At most they're the descendants of Phoenician traders, but nothing more.
>Alawites have beliefs that originate from Canaanites.
I can't comment on this since I don't know much about this.

Maronites are Canaanites who were christianized. alawites are remnants of when the Fatimids were Shia Muslims.

Same thing really

That's how it's said in Arabic "philstine"

>My parents are Lebanese.

Stop clinging to some backwards notion and extreme mental gymnastics to say you are 'white' and just accept who you are, you fucking retard.

ASSyrians were a shit empire once you actually learn about them. Babylonians=Sumerians> ASSyrians. I'd rather Iranians take over the area, more so if they use the Persian idea of Satrapies.
>lebanese
>white
What?

It's just a way to cope with the fact that they are a stupid good for nothing country/ethnicity with nothing to be proud of.

As someone who has conversed with Maronites that call themselves 'phoenician', yes they do think they are white and unrelated to Arabs.

Well the still spoke Aramaic until the Mamelukes conquered Lebanon from the crusaders in tripoli in the 1300s. Gradually after that Lebanon was arabized linguistically.

Irish don’t worship Celtic gods or speak the Irish language yet you don’t dispute their Irishness.
Likewise, Phoenicians were christianized during Roman times, than they started speaking Arabic when the Arabs invaded. But like the Irish, we are still the Phoenicians.
And Alawism is a mix of Christianity, Islam and Phoenician paganism, but not a lot is known about them because they are secretive.

But they won against Babylonians

Like them our not but they still managed an impressive empire
They also didn't collapse during the collapse of the Bronze age. They collapsed after like 100 years after it happened

>they do think they are white and unrelated to Arabs.

They are both Semites
How are they not related?

Lebanon was majority christian though until the Mamelukes started colonizing it with Druzes and other mahomeddans after the 1300s

Semites is a linguistic group just like indi euro.

It was majority Christian until the Muslims outbred is in the 20th century.

>unrelated to Arabs.
I hear this a lot but not the white part.
That's not true, everyone has something to be proud of BUT living in the past while the world around you moves forward is extremely stupid and counter productive.
>we are still the Phoenicians
Nope. Maybe genetically (which means fuck all), but not culturally. You are Lebanese. Not Phoenician. There is no Phoenicia, there is a Lebanon though.
>they still managed an impressive empire
Very true. I still prefer the scientific/ mathematical advancements of the Babylonians over the military might of the Assyrians. And they collapsed under the weight of their own empire, it was no longer profitable and too big to control. One false move (their invasion of Egypt) and the whole thing crumbled pretty fast.

Christianity has nothing to do with whites and whites werent christian at that time.

I hate Arabs for destroying culture diversity in the Middle East

I would have been speaking Aramic if it weren't for them

Explain to me how you can claim the Irish as Irish while the Lebanese can not be Phoenician

Because they call themselves Irish and not Gaels or Celts.

But they do call themselves celts and gaelic is their "mother tongue"

>mother tongue
Something thats slowly dying and being replaced by English. They're Irish because their country is Ireland. In the native tongue of the Lebanese you're not fenikiyeen but lubnani.

First off, no you wouldn't have.

Secondly, Aramaic is the closest language to Arabic linguistically.

Lebanese is a nationality while Phoenician is the ethnicity of Maronites.
Like your nationality is Australian but your ethnicity is Anglo.

>Lebanese is a nationality while Phoenician is the ethnicity of Maronites
Wrong. Phoenician wasn't and still isn't an ethnicity.
>Like your nationality is Australian
Correct.
>but your ethnicity is Anglo.
Wrong.
>First off, no you wouldn't have.
He's Palestinian so he would have spoken Aramaic or it's cousin Hebrew.
>Secondly, Aramaic is the closest language to Arabic linguistically.
Wrong. Hebrew is the closest to Aramaic.

I know. The Assyrians, Canaanites were ethnic Semites.

You’re such arrogant fuck.

>waaaahhh man on the internet shattered my stupid views WAAAAH
You're a dumb diaspoo. Stop being a dumb diaspoo.

>Wrong. Hebrew is the closest to Aramaic.

You're actually retarded, Aramaic was closer to Arabic than to Hebrew and Hebrew was extremely close to Arabic linguistically. Don't make shit up, retard, the linguistic similarities are all listed.

>Some recent genetic studies have found (by analysis of the DNA of Semitic-speaking peoples) that they have some common ancestry.

no shit, how do you not know this? does your tribe not have genealogical records? or are you just some indian worker?

Reveal yourself you dumb diaspoo.
Not only a diaspoo but a newfag too WEW

Says the retard that doesn't understand what 'linguistically' means. Learn English before you bother trying to argue in it and until then get back to monitoring the meat pie rack or you might get fired from your illegal job at 7-11, cunt.

Educate yourself
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phoenicianism

Phenician isn't an ethnicity. The ethnicity is Levantine and Phenicians were Levantine.

Assyrians were based. You can go read about them in the bible where God would command his prophets to visit the Assyrians and the prophet would actually refuse out of fear.

Wrong, phoenician dna has nothing to do with Middle East.

Am I being baited? No one can be this stupid.
>Phoenicianism embraces Phoenicia as an alternative cultural foundation by overlooking 850 years of Arabisation.
Once again, stop being a dumb diaspoo. You're not Phoenician, you don't know how to speak Phoenicians, you can't name any Phoenician deities or how their religion worked. You are not Phoenician.

How about a link to that site

Irish people don’t speak Irish nor worship the Irish gods yet they are Irish.
Copts don’t speak Coptic or worship the Egyptian gods yet nobody opposes the view that they are the descendent of Egyptians.
Likewise, we don’t speak Phoenician and are Christian, but we didn’t drop Phoenician identity

Do you know what linguistics is retard? You could have easily fucking google searched it between this time you were wiping your ass with your left hand but you didn't.

Linguistics has to do with tongue, it is based on observance of spoken language.

Nice education and elitism, you egotistical pseudo-intellectual pajeet. Don't argue with me, an education in your backwater shithole is merely toilet paper in Australia, now get back to refilling the slushie machine.

You never were Phoenicians though.

I can't help but to laugh at this thread

>daily mail
How about something with a little more weight. How about a peer reviewed article in the American Journal of Human Genetics.
>cell.com/ajhg/fulltext/S0002-9297(17)30276-8
You could've just said yes.

Canaanite is not Phoenician.

latimes.com/science/sciencenow/la-sci-sn-canaanite-lebanese-genetics-20170727-story.html
/thread

Yes they were. They were Phoenicians who converted to Christianity than had Arab language imposed on them. The religion still remains, as they are Maronite

At the end of the day, you all have a choice. You can either leave your heads firmly planted up your butts and continue screaming WE WUZ! WE ARR! while your beloved Lebanon lags further and further behind the rest of the world. OR you could stop being a bunch of LARPing autists and focus on more important things than who's less Arab.

You fucking retard, phoenicians were w minority city dweller population walled off that migrated from Europe.

We like to LARP as phoenician to distance ourselves from the negative connotation of the word "arab" in the west

>wanting all that shitty clay filled with shitty """""people""""""
only good part outside of lebanon is the syrian coast

> Philistine
> Peleset
> Palestine

>We like to LARP as phoenician to distance ourselves from the negative connotation of the word "arab" in the west
Thats what a weak man does.

Lebanon is doomed man
Iran wants to own it, Saudis want it, Israel wants it, Syria wants it
Even the Lebanese themselves have become corrupt and lazy
We have no future, can't we at least be proud of our past?

>can't we at least be proud of our past?
NO! Living in the past creates weak and stupid men. Thats the problems with Lebs, they all live in the past and if you try to criticise their darling Lebanon they'll REEEEEE at you. Nothing changes when people are like that.

that's because you are all cowardly pussies. Real men (meds) own their words.

>more important things than who's less Arab
agreed so let's settle it

Barely "Arab"
>Lebanese Christians
>Alawites
>Assyrians

Pretty Cucked by Arabs
>Palestinians
>Syrians
>Iraqis

Full Blown Cave-Man Arab
>Peninsular tribes
>Bedouins
>Egyptians
>Gulf tribes

Ancient Proto-Arabs
>Yemeni

So why do you live in America? If you love Lebanon and the Phoenician identity so much why don't you go there and change things?

But Lebanon is med..
And m8 if you're a southern euro we're basically the same

We have a whole generation traumatized from the war who are hooked on valium. Its hard to be hopeful when you cant go a decade witjout war

Copts should be barely Arab too.
Also you know you’ve been arguing with two separate burgers, all the aren’t the same person.

rgharghraaarr im not araaap.... *eats falafel* im a proud white ancient aryan..... now let me tell you who is arap *shaves shawarma*

Whatever just don't come in the Middle East and stay in Shartland

The Middle East is pretty divided at this moment and we don't want people like you to divided even more

Phoenicians aren’t aryan dumbass. They are Semitic.

Phoenicians spoke a semitic language due to proximity and trade, they werent semites and neither were sumerians.

DAS RITE

Big war in the middle east please!

HOL UP

so u be sayin... we wuz alienz and shieeet? I told my buddy abdullah we wuzn't arap!

>phoneposter
Please kill yourself, for the sake of this website.

No one is arab except arab peninsula.

Who thinks like you honestly?

YOUD BE SPEAKING HEBREW, SCHLOMO

No, Sardinians are

Do you believe the dumb QUQs ITT Genrikh? Absolutely shameful.

My grandfathers and mothers all lived in Yaffa/jaffa

So what are my chances?

I NEVER BELIEVE THE WORDS OF QUX

BTW ASHKENAZIM ARE J2 AND THUS THE REAL PHOENICIANS

IF YOU SAID HEBRON ITD HAVE BEEN MORE LIKELY BUT ITS A DEFINITE POSSIBILITY

YOUR FUTURE CHANCES OF SPEAKING HEBREW ARE VERY GOOD ONCE THE JUDAISATION OF THE FAKESTINIAN 'PEOPLE' IS COMPLETE