Can we have an interesting animal from your country thread?

Can we have an interesting animal from your country thread?

This is a Wheel Bug, they're native to the USA however, they're somewhat rare.
Surprisingly, however, they have a sting that is on par with a level 3.5 insect (at least) 3.5 being the second highest classification for all insects. So basically only the Bullet Ant is more painful.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Etruscan_shrew
youtube.com/watch?v=JuxNTG3vDa8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Etruscan shrew
>Smallest mammals in the world
>Lives near Tuscany

Fuck my life, wrong pic
Here's the wikipedia page:
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Etruscan_shrew

Maori home invaders knocked my grandfather to the floor, he passed away shortly after.

>k*z*k*z*

Just found out the Chinese are making a film about chinese immigrants to new zealand who are discriminated against by anglos but survive this racist country thanks to the maori friends they make

I am absolutely seething right now

My family are kiwis you mong

I saw these in Slovenia. They are Slovenian.

Cool

they live in several countries

Still Slovenian

They were being spotted at the beggining of the Po river.
So that map is true

Why do they avoid Hungary though ?

By what logic

You know the relation with east asians and animals, do you?

true, they are slovenian national animal

Ambystoma mexicanum

This is the Italian national animal
Sadly it's in danger

I wanna touch it

Tuatara

Basically a tiny dinosaur that has this weird sensor in it's forehead which is kind of like a third eye

Kokako, they have a very unique sound
youtube.com/watch?v=JuxNTG3vDa8

>wish I had an Italian boi pucchi I can abuse

I want to raise an Axolotl named Axl

cool

M-masaka, is that a Tsuchinoko?

what's it like to live in a region that only has level 3 bug types?

I see these guys daily, they make an extremely loud buzzing sound as they fly by and are generally harmless. I don't know what asshole agitated one enough to make it bite him because they're generally scared as fuck of people.

Pic related is of a robber fly. They suck the innards or out bugs like spiders, except they fly around and look like giant mosquitoes. Instead of fangs that have a huge proboscis, once again quite similar to a mosquito but scaled up. They're pretty much at the top of the insect food chain and I've seen them eat everything from small beetles to hornets.

MY FOOKIN SIDE
AHAHAHA

Not exactly just from Mexico, but the only other natural habitat is Southwestern USA, so just Mexico.

They're not special at all other than the fact that kids like to tie them to a string and fly them around, also they're loud af when they fly.

The areas the avoid based on this map are just big fucking plains. Notice the tiny regions where we have them - mountainous, hilly areas.

yes, they like mountain forests

I like this fuckers, people here tend to hate them for muh chicken mostly, but fucking nobody has home chickens now.

Maybe not particularly interesting or unique to Sweden, but I like wolverines. Equal parts qt and ferocious.

They're pretty easy to keep actually.

Not really unique, but this big fucking bug was at the bathroom of the hospital i study in the other night. It was about 10cm long.

thank god i live in a frozen shithole

looks like a cricket?

But it's cute. Cute and fucking huge.

Wtf I love Mexico now

A big fucking cricket. Tropidacris violaceus apparently.

>A big fucking cricket
for you

Amazing. We hardly even have spiders where I live.

Not really limited to my country but still wanted to post it, a very big bug, poisonous and can feed on bats.

Why are North Island Maori so white looking?
Southern Maori are dark skinned

South Island didn't bring in enough irishmen to BLEACH them