What happens in these islands?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Cottage
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Jews make magic

the japanese tried to invade there once

fishing
also ice

Aleutian Islands, generally horrible weather, frozen wind and no plants, -40F shit. I know a guy who was stationed there and he said it was horrible. there's some nice islands on the closer part to alaska though like the pic.

And did. Notable for a military campaign in which the US and Canada suffered over 300 casualties against a non-existent enemy. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Cottage

sound like a perfect place for me

They killed more people in Alaska than Pearl Harbor

Which one of those islands is Shadow Moses?

My boss spent years there with the Air force fucking around with weather equipment(what a monumentally bad military assignment that must have been)

I guess the colds are milder than you would think in winter(alaska panhandle tier) but the summers are pretty cold....what are the summers like in Finland?

Chilly and rainy mostly. Very few warm days.

The USA and Canada accidentally thought Japan was attacking the islands and started shooting at each other, more than 50 men died and 300 were wounded. Possibly our dumbest ever shared moment.

>friendly fire between Americans and Canadians
>28 Americans and 4 Canadians were killed
murrica absolutelly rektt

That reminds me of the Hollywood movies where soldiers and agents are threatened to get stationed in remote location in Alaksa if they screw up.

sounds pretty comfy desu senpai. I'd love to be on a remote military base in Alaska.

There was all this unexploded ww2 ordinance all over the island so they were literally just confined to the base(they couldn't explore the island)He didn't mind it at all, he is an extraordinarily positive person.

Rich people go hunting there, and Natives are natives there and get drunk all day.

The weather there isn't that cold. It's just chilly and wet all year round.

Basically the only thing that happens there these days is commercial fishing.

>be american
>get shot

Japs have long been coveting the chance to take over all of the islands. They have always got pawned by Russia tho. It reminds me of Putin saying to Japan that they can readily remove Japan from the map once and for all.

>extraordinarily positive person.
>American education
It's known as being insane

Japan should nuke up....with asshole neighbors like China, Russia, and Best Korea the US should just give them one armed Ohio Class sub to keep things in check

>It reminds me of Putin saying to Japan that they can readily remove Japan from the map once and for all.
Japan is America's best ally
When did that little cock-sucking Russian fucker say that?

Allow me to elaborate, this particular individual maintains a positive outlook no matter how hopeless or dire things may seem, This has nothing to do with education, but a mindset driven by a keen understanding of cognitive behavior and the dominion we yield over our own perceived negative thoughts. I hope one day you will encounter someone who teaches you that it isn't a "thing" that disgusts us, but our "thoughts" on a thing

The majority of deaths came from booby traps left behind by the Japanese all over the islands, as well as sea mines, not the friendly fire.

Just Euro retards shit posting when they still step on WW2 landmines to this day.

The thought of Canadians and Americans killing each other accidentally and euros chuckling about it.....when they send hundreds of thousands of soldiers to their death in two world wars over to this hemisphere then maybe we can snicker together

Attu and Kiska: invaded by Japanese
Adak: home of a rare fern
Unalaska: most populated island and home to a fishing port (featured in a famous tv show called Deadliest Catch)
Everywhere: volcanoes, military outposts

>Just Euro retards shit posting when they still step on WW2 landmines to this day.
This, Frenchmen and Belgians die every year for decades thanks to UXOs from WW1 and 2.

imagine these fuckers killing and maiming for centuries to come

Crab fishing.