/éire/

Yuzuko edition.

Worse YYS edition.

No you.

Nothing can compare to Yui. Best girl in an incredibly overrated show.

>Best girl
Objectively wrong.

>an incredibly overrated show
Somewhat correct.

So where are those /autismhours/ I've been promised?

I'm sorry coach I'm trying my autismist.

Hey Lux, just want to thank you again for this image. Truly inspirational.

We are truly blessed to be born in this era.

Other general was up first lads, stop being bent

>When you come home late and everyone is sleeping but the dog is waiting upstairs for you and in his explosion of happiness he wakes up everyone in the house

Also what's up with the 2(3) threads?

To be fair, it wasn't linked in the other thread so how were we supposed to know it existed?

Prinz.

Frogweeb.

How'd I do, did I mix up the last few?

>it wasn't linked in the other thread
Yes it was.

But it was

How do you like him so far?

>Also what's up with the 2(3) threads?
One is past the bump limit, and we got split somehow.

Damn, that's some solid accuracy there, user.

>invisible post

>R**rah
Ah, that's explains why I didn't see it.

Why are you doing this? What has he done exactly?

He is very different in character from my previous one, he's much more attached to us it seems but also way more energetic might be because he's still very young and not used to our daily routines

He's been nothing but a cancerous nuisance on the general at large. I see no reason to entertain him in the slightest.

I've had him filtered for ages.

>cancerous nuisance
How so, I'm a newfag so I don't really understand. The trip and pictures he posts aren't exactly easy on the eyes but I don't think there has been much wrong with his posts.

>way more energetic
That can get annoying if they never settle down but having a dog with no stamina isn't great either.

He uses a trip, which sends the resident autists into uncontrollable fits of screeching despite the fact they're personalities with names themselves

The trip and the repetitive image spam are the main issues people have with him though. The content of his posts doesn't tend to be all that terrible (except when he rambles on about normalfag nonsense).

He has a habit for going on autistic rants that drive people away. Though really just the regular trip attentionwhoring is enough for me.

>image spam
How is that any different to the first ten anime images posted in this thread?

I'm trying to get him to calm down by showing him strict rules and such because I can see it becoming a problem once he reaches the size he's supposed to become and I'm going to visit the dog school with him as soon as he's old enough.

Or when he spams dead gimmicks from years ago like the cosplayers he stalks.

>content of his posts doesn't tend to be all that terrible
Doesn't like a legitimate reason to split the threads then.

Yeah it's always good to train them while they're young. Don't mistake of trying to trick them with things this early or else he'll catch on quickly.

>josie-posting
My second least favourite /éire/ gimmick ever.

To be fair, I don't normally like splitting the general either. But I genuinely wasn't aware that there was anther one up.

Gee,/éire/,what do you want to do tonight?

The same thing we do every night Luxxy, argue about anime.

haha i dun like the image spam
>boatposts for the next 100 images

So when will Brainposting become a new /éire/ meme?

Not a single boat in the thread so far.

Back in the day, anything could become an /éire/ meme with enough effort.

As soon as we figure out more applications for it than just that line.

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

I'm out lads, this place has become far too insular and mean spirited for my tastes over the past few weeks.
Lux and Poi, it was a pleasure to meet you over the past few months.
I hope to see many of you on /éire/ 3.0 whenever that might be.

>/éire/ has become far too insular
>become
/éire/ was always insular.

>and mean spirited for my tastes over the past few weeks.
Really?

>/éire/ 3.0
TBA: 2022

Best of luck on your path

It's all anime shite. Who gives a fuck?

>trip posts anime image and contributes to the general with some insightful information
>boatwankers are upset when they post the same images (might as well have a trip at that point) to discuss their masturbation over cartoons and politics endlessly
made me think on that one, lads.

But anime is quintessentially Irish, so it makes sense for it to be in /éire/.

I think so, but why would Bertie Ahern have that many Easter Eggs stocked away in his house?

>contributes to the general with some insightful information
Such as?

Also, what's wrong with political discussion? Every other general on Sup Forums does it and it has been commonplace on /éire/ for as long as I can remember.

Except when it's someone you don't like, then it's 'image spam'

>has become far too insular and mean spirited for my tastes over the past few weeks
I'd be inclined to agree somewhat. /éire/ has become somewhat less enjoyable over the past couple of weeks, you alluded to some of the events contributing to it in your posts last night.
>was a pleasure to meet you over the past few months
And you Jaggy, best of luck in your studies and other stuffs. You know where to find us and I shall be on Steam if you wish to discuss the findings of my analytical study of /éire/ which I will hopefully have completed within the next decade. Hopefully.

People in /éire/ like to say they're very Irish but when it's pointed out that everyone here likes Japanese culture, the reply is always "Anime is quintessentially Irish". Explain how it is

If you say so. >you alluded to some of the events contributing to it in your posts last night.
Which post was that?

>And you Jaggy
Ah, so it was Jaggy. I wasn't sure.

>Explain how it is
Anime is quintessentially Irish. It's a fundamental part of our culture that we gave to the Japanese.

Ah fuck, the formatting.

>If you say so
It's what the autists in this thread say. Everyone in these generals posts anime images that nearly always have no relevance to what they're talking about in their post but when Roorah does it it's 'image spam'

>It's a fundamental part of our culture that we gave to the Japanese.
You cop out with irony I see. I like Japanese culture as well as British culture. /éire/ would criticise the latter even though it's doing the same thing as the former (liking a foreign culture) which is acceptable. When pointed out they're the same thing, the reply is "Anime is quintessentially Irish". When asked to back up your point you can't, meaning it's not valid

>Which post was that
The ones about increased tensions and individuals sowing dissent.
>I wasn't sure
Thinking...

I dunno what you want me to say, user. This is Sup Forums - anime will be posted on this site until the day it goes offline. If we choose to jokingly justify its presence on Ireland, I really don't see the problem.

>The ones about increased tensions and individuals sowing dissent.
That was Jaggy? Fuck, I'm losing my touch. I guess I just didn't assocaite the images with him.

>it's doing the same thing as the former
The problem isn't liking foreign culture, the problem is liking the culture of our historical enemies. There's nothing wrong with liking French, Russian or Mexican culture.

*on /éire/

>just didn't associate the images with him
Well I could understand you not recognising the Dangan ones from last night but he is one of the few people that posts Spice and Wolf and the only other personality online tonight outside of Lux and the other boats is Roorah but he uses a trip.

>and the only other personality online tonight outside of Lux and the other boats is Roorah but he uses a trip.
To be fair, I thought it might be Jaggy, but it could have just have easily been another user as far as I knew.

Personally I don't think /éire/ is any worse now than it has been in the past 6 months. If anything the increased activity has been a good thing, even if it is partially fueled by idiotic arguments and shitposting. It's far from ideal, but at least it prevents the threads becoming stagnant. We're moving through multiple threads a day and there are some good ones mixed in (last Saturday was quite fun).

>I dunno what you want me to say, user. This is Sup Forums - anime will be posted on this site until the day it goes offline. If we choose to jokingly justify its presence on Ireland, I really don't see the problem.
I like anime and don't have a problem with it being posted anywhere. I was basically pointing out how people here encourage Irish-ness when they can and throw around the word "West Brit" while they also like anime which is foreign to Ireland. Of course, this can easily be explained by the fact that it's not Irish-ness that's promoted but rather anti-Britishness left over from 2 centuries ago

Then why speak their language?

>anti-Britishness
Nothing wrong with that.

>left over from 2 centuries ago
Bit more recent.

>Of course, this can easily be explained by the fact that it's not Irish-ness that's promoted but rather anti-Britishness left over from 2 centuries ago
While I disagree with your assertion that Irishness is not promoted here (GAA threads are great fun for instance), you are right in saying that anti-Britishness is a feature of /éire/ too. That said, apart from hating soccer and calling people West Brits, it doesn't manifest itself in any serious way. It's a harmless gimmick for the most part.

>Then why speak their language?
Because most of us didn't have a choice. Also, like it or not, English is a far more useful language given the status quo in the world.

If decent posters end up leaving then there certainly seems to be some sort of issue.

As I said, that's just my personal opinion which is coloured by the fact that I think /éire/ has been stagnant for quite some time now. I'm not saying that /éire/ has been objectively better over the past few weeks, but it's been a bit different in a tolerable way which just made it a bit more entertaining that usual I guess. And yes, if it current status quo us turning away decent posters, that is an issue. But what solutions can any of us on an individual level enact that would really change things? It's not like it hasn't been tried before.

As an aside, is it just me or does /éire/ have meta discussion far more often than any other general on Sup Forums?

We do metapost a disproportionate amount. Can't say I'm fond of it.

I think we're far too introspective as a general, which speaks volumes about us as people.

Maybe I should take a break from /éire/ too. Clearly some people seem to think that I'm part of the problem and I might not be self-aware enough to realise that.

>what solutions can any of us on an individual level enact that would really change things
Not filtering people, posting in the first thread that was created and not getting up in arms about image limits would be a decent start.

>While I disagree with your assertion that Irishness is not promoted here (GAA threads are great fun for instance)
Ok true Irishness is promoted here naturally but what I was getting at is the anti-Britishness prevalent here

>hating soccer
This is the most common instance if manifests I think. Someone could mention a British band they like or TV show and nobody bats an eyelid. Makes me think if this anti-Britishness can be narrowed down to hating soccer perhaps. I wonder why it is if it's not its country of origin. Not that the country is particularly relevant anymore since it's essentially an international game now

If I hated Britain then I would make the effort to distance myself from it where I can

I think the problem is conflict regardless of who's involved. The reason they think you're a problem is because they're on the opposite side and your vocal opinions make you the biggest target. You've been here for months and I don't think I've ever seen you start anything.

I've had Roorah filtered for a long time and I don't plan on changing that. I can't deny that he irritates me and I've had my fair share of arguments with him in the past. Filtering him is for the benefit of the rest of the general as much as it is for myself.

>This is the most common instance if manifests I think
I think you might be overthinking it. It seems to me that just a lot of people on /éire/ dislike soccer and use the anti-British gimmick as a means of legitimising and galvanising that dislike for the sport. Notice how Rugby gets almost zero flak?

Sounds more like it's for the benefit of your precious feefees.

>Filtering him is for the benefit of the rest of the general as much as it is for myself
I presume it wasn't you that kept saying "R**rah" and was attacking him the last few days then.

>Not filtering people
Not gonna happen. I've given him chances in the past and each time he's justified my choice.

>posting in the first thread that was created
Didn't see it for aforementioned reasons, nothing that can be done there.

>not getting up in arms about image limits
Never did. It was just a minor thing that someone the other night blew completely out of proportion by accusing everyone of "post-policing" and driving the thread into the state it entered. I don't know if that was their intention but they were overly aggressively against it when the issue could've been resolved in a few posts.

>Notice how Rugby gets almost zero flak?
Yes I pointed this out the other day

> It seems to me that just a lot of people on /éire/ dislike soccer
Yes that's what I'm getting at. People here just dislike it and it's not even because it's British, it's just a convenient excuse as you say. This makes me think the real reason it's hated is because most people here are m*ddle cl*ss and that's an issue

>nothing that can be done there
You could have just set things straight by going and posting over there and stopping posting here.

Perhaps.

Admittedly I did use the term a couple of times when I saw others using it after he first reappeared, but I wasn't the only one. Like, it was really fucking bizarre the way he turned up in the thread after a long absence within minutes of his name being used for the first time in ages. 2spooky.

But as I said, I have him filtered. I knew he was causing a ruckus of some sort and I used the term "R**rah" in a couple of posts where I commented on that fact, but not much else.

>most people here are m*ddle cl*ss and that's an issue
Why is that an issue? The only classes of Irish people universally reviled on /éire/ are Knackers and Travellers.

But that thread is dead. I'm not denying that we should adhere to the rules of joining the first thread created after the bump limit, but if the second one becomes far more active for a combination of reasons, I see no reason to switch back to the dead one after 50+ posts.

I've said before that I hate soccer because it's an incredibly boring sport to watch.

>I see no reason to switch back to the dead one after 50+ posts
Because those are the rules we agreed upon and if we don't all stick to the one set of rules we will be split up and divided which is exactly what has happened and has been a perfect example of one of the reasons why Jaggy has decided to bow out.

>The only classes of Irish people universally reviled on /éire/ are Knackers and Travellers
While socio-economic status is correlated heavily with status as knacker/traveller, they don't cause each other. For example, we saw plenty of knackers with newfound money during the boom, making good money laying bricks and whatnot. When I say middle class, I'm calling out the fags who drink "Heino", watch Leinster rugby, have cheesy family relations, look down on racism, etc. It's more to do with how you act than how much money you have

I personally don't fancy joining a thread where Roorah is steadfastly refusing to compromise for the betterment of /éire/ and is instead happy to continue with things as they are.

But look, if you want to see if you can reunite /éire/, I'm happy to stay away. I don't want to /éire/ to be ruined by my autism. I don't think I have enough online self-awareness to know when I'm going too far.

>When I say middle class, I'm calling out the fags who drink "Heino", watch Leinster rugby, have cheesy family relations, look down on racism, etc
We have people like that in /éire/?

Nighty night.