Give me ONE (1) good reason why the EU shouldn’t be abolished

Give me ONE (1) good reason why the EU shouldn’t be abolished

You literally can’t justify why it should still be around today (or ever) it has caused nothing but trouble for Europe

Nice try, Soros.

>nothing but trouble
Even my shithole of an area got a stadium built by EU bonds so shut your trap

pay debts

Love cannot and will not be abolished!

i really like their ideas about free travel, trade and ecological regulations.

Yea, I'm sure they were better before with endless wars

>Give me ONE (1) good reason why the EU shouldn’t be abolished
The massive butthurt it gives Sup Forumstards on Sup Forums is reason enough.

Don't forget worker rights.
Consumer rights.
And a ton of other shit that is ensured by the EU.

Still not worth it in the end though

Because it makes non-Europeans butthurt for some strange reason.

Also strong unified peaceful Europe is good for not only Europeans but for the world.

>worker rights and consumer rights?

shouldn't your own government be ensuring that though?

>not worth it
So you would prefer working under Japanese law?Where people die from overworking?
Or maybe under Chinese law where your life is worthless and industrial accidents are daily?

Maybe you'd like the American consumer laws or their health care laws?

Debthood was something that the EU had a hand in aside from our retardation as a nation, so your meme post actually had some relevancy.

>shouldn't your own government be ensuring that though?
The EU has the highest standard when it comes to those laws combined.
Nowhere else on the planet you'll get laws that try to protect the workers,their health,the food and the environment all at the same time while trying to finance research and development.

>shouldn't your own government be ensuring that though?

Huge single market like EU means that workers and consumer rights need to be protected on supranational level. It shields us from global race to bottom.

Ahh okay that makes sense, thanks.

How come countries like Portugal, Ireland, Greece etc. are in such debt and in a bad economy when it comes to the EU? Does the EU help them by just giving them money or something? Would they be better off without being the EU?

russian western front

soros is an EU shill you fucking brainlet

>Would they be better off without being the EU?
No.
>How come countries like Greece
Their past government produced falsified documents to the EU.The average Greek had no idea they were being pulled into this debt.A few people fucked over a few million.

So at this point they're fucked? I wonder how the future will play out for them.

>How come countries like Portugal, Ireland, Greece etc. are in such debt and in a bad economy
100% their own doing. You lie, cheat, falsify budget data and embezzle money don't be surprised if everything gets fucked up.

besides portugal and ireland have already recovered so using them as an example alongside greece is fake news.

They will be ok. They are still a part of the EU after all.
A few rough years ahead of them when it comes to the banking sector but EU projects are still developed in Greece.

They were given those loans on the presumption that the rest of the Eurozone would help pay the bills if they couldn't themselves.

You know, unity in the European Union?

The EU should really create some new laws that are focused on punishing the individuals responsible for such events.That might scare any future attempts of pulling off a Greece.

That's what you think, stupido.
No wonder he plays the Brits like a flute if you're that gullible.

>How come countries like Portugal, Ireland, Greece etc. are in such debt and in a bad economy when it comes to the EU?
€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€

In the past, Southerners had monopoly currencies with high inflation. Everyone knew this so government bonds had appropriate interest rates and everybody also knew that investing into these places wasn't something you did at large and the governments knew they can't borrow that much. Que Euro. Suddenly, Greeks had German tier interest rates so they borrowed like mad and the rest of them did so too, even though bit less. All was well until the crisis came and they were suddenly unable to pay their denbts and couldn't just print more money.

>unity in the European Union
Yeah, and people in those countries voted for the EU on the presumption something like this won't happen.

>2 biggest wars the world has known less than 50 years apart
>followed by uninterrupted peace for 70+years

EU can centralize power and resources for the benefit of the countries involved.

If it doesn't, chances are said countries will be bossed around by bigger ones like Russia and America.

>conveniently ignoring the MAD scenario and the fact USA has kept that peace, not the EU
>centralization
>benefitting anyone but the one doing the centralizing
Pick one

>benefitting anyone but the one doing the centralizing
It's beneficial in terms of security and good security can bring prosperity to all in the long-term. It's the reason we're countries to begin with.

>security
That's pretty fucking vague. What kind of security?

You do know Europe existed before the eu
Not everyone lives in an irrelevant shithole that can’t govern itself

imperialism

Fuck off back to Leftypol that is such a pathetic answer
There is NATO for that

Why doesn't the EU make its own NATO?

Because that would mean they'd have to spend on military.

true, but that is a long road and lots of dialog.
Because well, as a small country, that would mean extinction of culture, language and indentity.
I am up for, more centralization in EU, but it's been only 27 years since we gained our independence back.

wars are thought not only by arms.

How much does your Marxist shithole spend on defence?

Then don't be for centralization of the EU. Nothing good can come of it.

too soon, and almost every EU member is in NATO.

Do you suggest we disband NATO?

I don’t see what you are saying mate

it can, stronger economy and political power.
I think that it is not the right time.
Because Russia is flexing it's muscles and meddling with neighbours.

Jesus Christ faggot. Not the entire world has Chinese or Japanese meme laws.

And what on earth is stopping a state that has exited the EU from enforcing those laws? The EU is not a prerequisite for the existence of such laws.

Greece was given bailouts by the European Commission, European Central Bank and International Monetary Fund on the assumption that they would cut back on spending and successfully normalise their financial situation. Because greeks are such utter failures at managing their finances they've had to have been bailed over and over the past 7 years again and again. They've had their debt cut and restructured so many times any country in the world would be euphoric at all the money spent.

Only now are the greasy motherfuckers starting to do the labor market reforms, cutting public spending and cutting pensions they should have done over 7 years ago.

All the suffering greeks have gone through this decade is 100% their own doing. They tied to noose, stepped on the ladder, tied the noose around their necks and jumped off. Then they had the gall to complain when "the troika" tried to come and save them.

Should have let the whole fucking dump burn in 2010. Only good part is that the average greek has been suffering all this time.

I am saying we don't need a separate NATO analogy in EU. Because there already is NATO and almost every member of EU is NATO member, good thing in my opinion.

>Because greeks are such utter failures
Then why were they allowed in, despite it being very well known that they cooked the books to enter the EU? Oh yeah, right... because the entire EU model is "too big to fail". This is why this shithole of a union works as little more than America's formal sphere of influence, and this is why the Americans want Turkey and Ukraine to join so badly. Hell, they'd find a way to make fucking Iraq join it if they could.

Right now NATO serves the purpose a EU security coop would serve except America does most of the heavy lifting

We have to ask ourselves why America is doing this however. Obviously, they don't do it out of kindness.

As long as NATO isn't too attentive to America's interests instead of Europe's, it's a great deal for Europe. Right now the deal is basically that America will serve as EU security as long as the EU/NATO countries help in their retarded endeavors in the rest of the world. The backside is that Europe becomes a pacified pro-American bloc.

But if Europe feels it wants to dictate on its own terms and have any sort of respect and influence in the world, it needs to replace NATO with its own security otherwise it will remain a meme union.

Youre conveniently ignoring that EVERYONE knew they had falsified.the data, the EU simply overlooked it since its a political project first and foremost.

The greeka could have been oit of this mess by now.if they had done what iceland had, but german/french companies would.have been screwed over so.instead greece was forced to take on loans to essentialy pay back said companies, saddling their.own population with the debt.

Now the only way for greece to get out.of.this mess is to have their debt forgiven, like.what was.done.for.the germans leading to.their Wirtschaftswunder, but.that aint.happening any time soon.

So basically a horrible combination of muh politics to let greece in in the first place, and muh votes to.keep.them.in.this mess

Yes because when an economy.is.in the doldrums the way to.fix it is definitely to.enforce a ridiculous.amount.of.austerity.
Greece will never pay back those debts and its all bexause mergel and co. Didnt want to look.soft to.their voters

There is no reason for it to exist. Sad to see many people here have been fooled by the EU jew.

One reason:

RUSSIA.

Only European Unity can keep russi*ns and their disgusting influence off the Europe.

If EU stops exist, it will be a playground for putin's corruption.

>Then why were they allowed in
Because they lied. Hard to say if it was do to incompetence or malice.

>To keep within the monetary union guidelines, the government of Greece for many years simply misreported economic statistics.
>Most notable was a cross currency swap, where billions worth of Greek debts and loans were converted into yen and dollars at a fictitious exchange rate, thus hiding the true extent of Greek loans
>The new government of George Papandreou revised the 2009 deficit from a previously estimated 6%–8% to 15.7% of GDP, using Eurostat's standardized method

Just imagine what happened if any other country suddenly declared that they were three times more in debt than originally reported.

>stronger economy
How? We already have free trade. What can the EU possibly do to "strenghten the economy"
>political power
They'd have to agree on something first.
>Russia
Paper tiger with only two credible threats: gas and army. Which can ironically be both solved by a closer alliance with the US.

>if Europe feels it wants to dictate on its own terms and have any sort of respect and influence in the world
> it will remain a meme union
But it is a meme union and it has been from the start. There is no European identity save for the retards at Brussels and the likes of Greens.

Ah, yes, they should've just poured in more money, no questions asked and tell their voters to suck it up.

What we need is first of all a unified EU police force.

There is a good big list of politicians that need to face Justice.

>But it is a meme union and it has been from the start
I don't disagree.

Stop trying to defend greece. Their leaders consciously decided to falsify fiscal data and they have been paying the price for it for it for the last 7 years. And they'll keep paying until they're not in the red anymore. If the average greek needs to go hungry then so be it, they can go fuck themselves.

I agree.

why aren't Norway and Switzerland not in the EU? is it just pointless for them since they're both filthy rich?

>worker rights.
>Consumer rights
cool memes brah

well not to go fuck themselves, they can go fuck those who are responsible for the shit.

Fuck you average Finnish.
You go hungry motherfucker.
The politicians need to go down, hands down and justice must be uphold, but with no maluce.

sup turk?

>Hard to say if it was do to incompetence or malice.

Incompetence, optimism, idealism and lack of foresight. Greeks never should've been let in but they were pushed through by the French politicians. Same with Euro. They all fucking knew about it and they counted on nothing bad happening. And in the end, it worked out in their favor because OMG CRISIS WE HAVE TO CENTRALIZE. Seriously, centralization is the perpetuum mobile of the EU. It causes problems which they try to solve with more centralization which causes more problems all the while saying it's impossible to go back.

If a politician caused such a ginormous fuck up in a single nation, he would discredit his party and his ideas. The EU is unfortunately largely immune to this because of the voting syste, the media being predominantly leftie as fuck and politicians generally pro-centralization as well.

Yup

>wasn't holy
>wasn't roman
>wasn't an empire

The groundwork for an EU military has just been laid, it's only a matter of time until american military will leave for the most part (except in countries close to russia I suppose).
Germany for example is also doubling it's military spending by 2024.

>How come countries like Portugal, Ireland, Greece etc. are in such debt and in a bad economy when it comes to the EU?

When it comes to Ireland, this just happens every couple of decades. They've already bounced back.

As for Greece and Portugal, they are both historically poor, underdeveloped, corrupt, and simply incompetent.

No one in Greece has paid land tax properly in years, all the records are a paper mess that haven't been updated in 40 years.

When it comes to norway, yes. They are playing the game with infinite money cheat on. They're not in anyway dependent on the EU inner market like finland or sweden is and thus don't need representation in the EU.

Switzerland is a bit more complex case. They're completely dependent on the EU for everything, but they've learned to use their position outside the EU system and central geographic location to provide a range of services that are critical to EU countries and foreign countries. Also they have an incredibly long history of neutrality that they want to protect so it's natural that they don't want to officially be a part of EU. EU can still put pressure on them, like making them dump the EU worker quota last year, so it's not entirely one sided.

Reminder that Western flags shilling for EU are 99% eastern Yurop diaspora.

The EU as a concept is nice. In practice it is shit.

The EP is a bunch of clueless faggots. At first I thought they were just powerless, but worst, many of the MEP are just bad people. Elitist cunts, who don't give a shit about the average citizen because they have their ludicrous salaries and benefits for basically vacationing in Brussels, all the while all they do is talk about stupid shit like minority rights, while gleefully passing brown nosing the corporations on things that matter.

The EC is corrupt to fuck. It holds all the power and is just a medium used by corporations to pass their own agendas. The only times they act against a corporation is when a bigger rival corporation is asking for a favour from them.

Makes sense, most smuggling is sea based anyway.

Yes yes Greek politicians are so crafty they managed to outsmart Eurostat, European Commission and all member states.
Pretty much all eurozone members obscured their entry requirements. Even the German surplus is illegal but noone says anything because well, its Germany.
other than that kys butthurt turk

Also wouldn't they lose their monopolies on their oil and fishing economies too?

And, of course, the EU couldn't do anything about the Americans crashing the West's economy by building their own around a housing bubble.

ITT people that think they were better without the EU.
While many europeans nation would be shitholes notheless
Plus the biggest shills anti-EU comes from anglo speaking countries

And then with Switzerland i'm guessing with all those high profile banks they wouldn't want the EU to fuck around with their very low regulations? Or maybe perhaps their gun laws if they can reach that far?

It is not just sea smuggling etc.
An incident in Lesvos almost directly affects Berlin.
The logic is differenr than it was years ago.

>The EU as a concept is nice.
How? Uniting Europe is a retarded idea.

in what way?

I'm not on expert on norwegian economics but that's probably one of the main reasons. They'd have to stop subsidizing any national industries and break up monopolies according to 12008E107.

Considering that their entire country rests on the monopoly profits made by the state owned Statoil it makes sense they wouldn't want to break it apart.

makes it easier for ISIS agents and other migrants travel through freely although that's a bit of hyperbole but I think you get what i'm saying

I don't think it is hyperbole, I agree. That is why we need stronger border control, because Russians are flowing to EU as well.

Ergo the European FBI has to be created.

>that brit chav little shit sperging out

howling

It's actually the other way around. With a centralized military it gets much easier to control EU borders. Most of the countries with borders to non-EU nations have shit military

Because the only thing European countries share is trying to fuck one another.

>Because they lied.
And why didn't the EU doublecheck these numbers? Oh right, too big to fail.

Because Europe there is no basis for it at all. Europe has never been unified in anything. You might as well start unifying China and Saudi-Arabia

yes, that is why we need NATO and support for stronger actions. Not shouting about discriminations and so forth. Because it is national security issue, same as EU security issue.

are the Russians just as bad as the migrants though? I would think they would actually be decent workers just trying to get out of a Shitty Russian economy although I could be wrong. Haven't visited in Europe since 2013 so it's been a while

What a marvellous manga was pluto
Only shame was for the ending

no.

That is good.
Killing is bad.Raping is bad.
Consensual fucking is Good!

>have shit military
please buy more Leopard

Like I said, it's more complex than that and I sincerely doubt gun laws have anything to do with it. EU only limits illicit manufacturing, illicit trade and the certain exporting of weapons based on UN Firearms Protocol (32012R0258, 52010SC0662).

Of course there's also the banking sector that is one of those services that I was talking about, but even that is under pressure from EU do to swiss banks being some of the banks behind the tax dodging that has been in the news. There are a bunch of reason why they stay out, mostly financial.

Mongols, Islam invasion. We can move forward.