A gift from the Soviet people

>Poland wants to destroy this

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bronze_Night
russian.rt.com/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexander_Nevsky_Cathedral,_Warsaw
youtube.com/watch?v=Mc5LeUio-QU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

maybe if you had to live under the tyrrany of soviet communism you would understand why we want to remove all s*viet monuments.

this
fuck s*viet union and r*ssian people

no soviets so no reson to keep that ugliness of a "gift".

>Palace of Culture and Science
They have neither of those, so it makes sense to get rid of it.

It's so ugly, capital should be Kraków not W*rs*w

Looks better than ugly modern skyscrapers on the background desu

wait a moment, is that shitposting or do the retards i our goverment actually want to do that?
t. don't pay attention to politics

when will we also remove socrealist districts of Ursynów and Nowa Huta? what about the 1000 schools build in communist programme for 1000 years or Polish state? come to think about it, wasn't the whole of Warsaw rebuilt under communism? should we just level it to the ground all of it as well? because I'm all for it desu

>we

You have to go back

What were they going to do? Leave it a pile of rubble as they left Poles to die against the Nazis so they didn't have to face resistance? Warsaw only had a few thousand people in it after the war when it used to have only a million, they were just going to leave it a pile of rubble? They let it be destroyed as long as it meant Poles were week and they could control us, please don't moralize them because it's pathetic and desperate

you can take it if you like it so much, along with tones of asbestos that it is made of

>Polish engineers decide to demolish it with explosives, and a huge cloud of asbestos covers Warsaw

I saw it once so they can destroy it for all I care. Buildings arounf it were built in the same ugly social realist style. Soviets and people who today identify themselves with former USSR for some reason, really have no right to criticize the decision to demolish this thing considering what they did here.

I don't care if they destroy it or not. Some say that the way we use this building is the ultimate fuck you to Stalin. I don't know maybe if there was an actual museum of communist crimes there that would be cool. They also want to built the arc of triumph for Polish victory against the bolsheviks in 1920 on its place. But ultimately if they leave it standing so be it there's no harm in that. Falcons have their nests near the top.
But they need to rebuilt the Saxon Palace. The only surviving part is the tomb of the unknown soldier.

this topic comes back from time to time when media runs out of controversial topics and needs some good clickbait articles
nothing will be done about PKiN obviously
in my opinion they should clean it

It's not like i love it, but it does look nicer than your modern buildings. At least learn how to build nice building so you could replace soviet ones with something good, otherwise your cities will look as bad as americans.

>destroy soviet architecture
>build glass skyscrapers that have not a single polish or european feature in them in their place

based independence

That's a pretty building, wtf.

So unreal. Pretty white building, ruins all around, central planning wasting money on unnecessary shit, meanwhile commies were still executing patriots.
I don't hate the palace but I wish they made it into some anti-communist temple if they allow it to stand.

the fuck are you even talking about? if logic is
>hurrdurr it was built by communist so it's bad and we should destroy it
then by the same logic all of Warsaw should be leveled to the ground because it was also built by communists

>russians faces when it gets destroyed
Worth it

With most Red Army monuments already gone they might get interested in this instead.
RT will make another material about how Poland was Hitler's ally in WWII or whatever they do when someone doesn't show support for communism.

>It's not like i love it, but it does look nicer than your modern buildings

let's just not talk about this

>as bad as americans.

I wouldn't mind having a copy of chrysler building desu

or, if it is alrerady there, maybe let's just use it for something beneficial to society and reasonable like any sane person would do? why does everyhing has to be a political statement in this fucking butthurt shithole? who fucking cares who built it and why, it an inanimate fucking object that can serve purposes. my ex bought me some nice beer glasses once, I fucking hate the bitch now but that doesn't mean that I should just smash them to pieces because of who gave them to me, I'll just continue to use them like any sane peron would.

DO WANT

You're putting words in my mouth now, it just sounded like you were trying to justify its existence by moralizing then which is not just stupid but very very sad. There no reason for that monstrosity to exist, it's time for it to go.

Actually no one knows about that building in Russia

Most of them look plain and unimaginative tho

>theres no reason that a perfectly fine building that houses multiple museums, art galleries, office spaces and other shit should exist. I don't like the ideology of people who built it so I think that we should spend billions to destroy it and then build something else in it's place that will serve literally the same purpose.
are you by any chance retarded mate?

>hurr let's destroy historic monuments so we can plop more concrete and glass dildos in place, Warsaw needs ebin skyline so everyone can see how EU-rich Polan is
Fully americanised.

They will know soon enough. That is if they destroy it and it's unlikely.
The RT baldie will tell his viewers how they should feel about it.

No one knew about Bronze Soldier either
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bronze_Night

destroying monuments and buildings is isis tier.

>it has things inside of it so we shouldn't replace it
Are you retarded perhaps? There is literally no argument for keeping it other than communist sympathizers would miss it.
>b-but there are things inside of it...
Fuck off, you're clearly just a commie shit or a young asshole. You don't care what's inside of it you just like the commie eyesore.

that's a good lucking building.

Why would you waste your money on destroying it and replace it with a generic skyscraper?

Based.

well, Chicago has some nice skyscrapers

Good thing no one will do shit then. From time to time some politician will mention this then everybody forgets about it.

Also destroying monuments that were erected by someone else while you were just their colony is not unreasonable. But now no one cares because it's not overly communist. There are some ugly statues on buildings around it though. Workers and shit. They need to get rid of them.

what with monument of Polish-Soviet friendship in Legnica ??

I really don't know what should I feel about, let the RT to open our eyes

>There is literally no argument for keeping it other than communist sympathizers would miss it.
the fact that it's useful for society and that there are better ways to spend billions than replacing one building with another that will serve the same purpose? just rename it to "Palace of Russian Hating" and pope some fucking pope monument on the top if you're that butthurt, the building itself is just a building. you are literally taking out your anger at inanimate fucking objects.

>perfectly fine building that houses multiple museums, art galleries, office spaces
>There is literally no argument for keeping it other than communist sympathizers would miss it.
you are one dumb fuck

>a gift we had to pay for and then build

All will be gone soon because of the decomunisation legislature. Not that there's many of them left. They even want to rename Franklin Roosevelt's street to... Theodore Roosevelt's street.

Don't forget money the Soviets told they'd give us. Then gave us a small fraction of it and took our coal as a payment.
And because it's legally binding (Potsdam conference) and Russia decided to call itself a successor to USSR this is something that will never go away even if most Poles don't even know about this case. So this is something that's gonna explode in the future 5, 10, 100 years.

since when roosevelt was a communist?

as other claimed destroying it would be pointles.
we should change name and make museum of Communist crimes on the top of it or smth.

Every skyscraper should be destroyed

FDR was Stalin's bitch, had Soviet agents around him and helped the Soviet a great deal surprising even Stalin agreeing with everything.

The point is that for every nice skyscraper there are ten that are uninspired cereal boxes, and if you put too many nice skyscrapers in one place they all clash visually, and in any case Warsaw still has tons of other place to fill with skyscrapers, you don't have to tear down the palace for it.

London for example is quickly ruining its skyline with all sorts of weirdly shaped skyscrapers right next to each other. The shard, the gherkin, the cheese grater, the walkie talkie, soon the can of ham, it looks like someone spilled a child's building blocks over the city center.

Literally nobody watched RT in Russia, it's targeted at foreigners. You've obviously never watched it either otherwise you would know it. But yeah keep making fun of something you know nothing about

Roosevelt sold eastern europe to Stalin at Yalta conference.

Billions come and go over the years, relatively it will cost very little compared to the historical and psychological damage of future and present Poles. One day it will go when we have the surplus. Sorry commie friends, it won't be here in the next few decades. Only people who want it are literal commission who hide behind arguments like "I-it will cost money..." Or "it has things inside of it too...". Your time is gone and history will forget you. Poles will follow suite too in this.

Another Russian news station was making the same kind of reports even with the same presenter.

This is how you skyscraper.

so should we destroy Ursynów in Warsaw and Nowa Huta in Krakow as well? those are entire districts build from the ground up by communists according to socrealist urban planning methods. can't have those poisinoning our minds as well, can we?

>the historical and psychological damage of future and present Poles
my sides
how can you be such a pathetic worm

oh God, these really are some ugly fuckers yet still "the palace" looks ugly and outdated (unlike timeless artdeco)

There is a difference between destroying homes where people live and large symbols of communism. You are a Pole, you are intelligent. You know better than this... unless of course you are a commie who admires this ugly piece of shit

Fuck off Ivan, you should be focusing on conquering Syria and the hick lands of Ukriaine no?

Stop confusing a figurative russian dick on the face of poland with a street plan.

Although I don't see anything worth saving in this picture but to each their own.

>Literally nobody watched RT in Russia, it's targeted at foreigners
RT has russian version
russian.rt.com/

Why bother when all russian TV channels are already controlled by kremlin?

>100 years.
Poland would disappear by this point so i'm not too worried.

The skyscraper on the left is absolutely god awful. It's like they dressed it in a wrinkled shirt.

so what
bbc has it too
who really watch bbc here?

At this moment the break up of Russia is more likely than any of the central European countries disappearing.

Nowa Huta is as much a symbol of communism as Palace of Culture is. if you don't see a problem with destroyng a building that houses dozens institutions of public utility, then you shouldn't see problem in destroying housing buildings as well.
only a commie would want to keep Nowa Huta just because some people live there, they can just move somewhere else like all the institutions and museums can move prom the Palace, no? and we'll just bud some more housing buildings there that will serve the same purpose but will not have been built by communists. great use of money! so are you a Nowa Huta loving commie user?

There are over 100 million Russian speakers outside of Russia

Nowa Huta got appropriated by Catholics very fast.

Honestly I would be okay with getting rid of both, problem is I care too much about the people Nowa Hora to make them homeless for some ideological battle they get caught in

but destroying a bulding of public utility and taking place from multiple institutions useful to society because of the same ideological battle is okay?

As far as social realism is concerned I've seen uglier buildings. At least it's not named after Stalin anymore.
Similarly there were places in Poland named after Hitler and Goering well into the 21st century because of some bureaucratic bullshit that got cleared up only recently.

Because organisations and institutions can always go somewhere else. They might even participate in financing a new building. A building that might be more useful than the vanity project of a crazy dictator.

it's a building, not some gigantic monument of Stalin or something else like that. multiple storeys on top on each other where people can put shit. inanimate object serving a purpose. destroying perfecly useful object just because you don't like the people who built it is retaded.

The entire eastern block has the same looking building. Mają rozmach skurwysyny.

It's not the same, no one is losing their home. We are just destroying a symbol and making our destiny of a space that belongs to us for once

how is even the Palace of Culture a symbol of Russian opression in peoples minds?
>Russians built a skyscraper in Poland
>Poland told Russians to fuck off and go suck a dick
>Poland still kept the skyscraper
more like a monument to how we cucked Russians out of a skyscraper

>w****w

No we don't want those retarded cucks from Sejm here

well, to me nice destiny would be being pragmatic instead of a romantic retards for a change and to be glad that we cucked Russians out of a useful building and spending money on healthcare instead, but the fuck do I know.

Also it's nothing new. Every time we get independence from Russia we destroy their stuff
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexander_Nevsky_Cathedral,_Warsaw

Its not a nice building though it's an ugly monstrosity and people feel stronly about it. Now is not the time to berid of it but one day I think it will come and should come.

I don't see anything wrong with how it looks tbqh

Oh no this looked actually nice. But I guess for Russians living in Warsaw in the 19th century so it was basically useless.

>Built by poles for poles using soviet design
>hurr durr le russia butthurt we remove
no we are not, however when nazi retards vandalize or remove monuments to brave soviet soldiers who fought against german opression and deserved at least a shitty statue we are angry because western """"""""people""""""" show no respect to our grandfathers.
Get lost potato headed fag.

Finns watch that Czech movie?

I love how r*ssians on Sup Forums keep saying they don't know/care about poland, but then they are always the first to shit on us in every thread.
Try being more consistent with your shitposts, maybe some central planning will help.

Why are p*lackoids so ungrateful?

The hyenas of Europe.

American cities are inhuman

>however when nazi retards vandalize or remove monuments to brave soviet soldiers who fought against german opression

I'm gonna assume it's just ignorance about history. And no, Poland doesn't have many nazis, hatred for Soviet aggressors is rather universal and given that most families have someone in their past who was killed, tortured or otherwise hurt by the Red Army it's a pretty universal opinion that they were just as bad as Germans.
Well most people I know said that they were worse (including my own great grandma) but out of respect I always say that they were equally bad.

Easy when you have nothing to be grateful for.

>the Glorious Soviet workers built an aesthetic architecture for Polish people for free
>Yet they want to destroy it

good

erase any trace that kacap scum has ever been here

>Poland doesn't have many nazis

Also reksio
youtube.com/watch?v=Mc5LeUio-QU

500 maybe what? Have more information about this subject?

>Poland doesn't have many nazis
that's what a nazi would say

This one is great, but it would have to be surrounded by similar buildings.