Belgian customers gave me a 5 € tip

>belgian customers gave me a 5 € tip
Feels good man

Is tipping common or mandatory in Italy?

Tickle down economics WORKS.

>tickle
Brb kms

>5€

Wow. Are you a qt grill?

It really depends.
Italians can be real greedy, bitching about prices or asking for a better deal.
I find iternationals to be more generous, never questioning the price and even leaving good tips, but as I said it really depends.

Also my boss doesn't allow me to take tips, in fact they had to sneak when he wasn't around.

No, I just try to be as nice and helpful as possible.

you're welcome

Are you all that generous or was I just lucky ?

I HAVE NEVER TIPPED AND WILL NOT TIP IN THE FUTURE

That's why you are an will always be a virgin

>belgian
they probably wanted to fuck your kid to death

>shits on America
>loves American life when finally tastes it

ipocrita

what does it have to do with america

Had some pretty decent greek customers as well, surprisingly.

I'm not sure what are you mumbling about

tipping is not customary here, brother.

Had no doubt about it

When will the meme end that only Americans tip?
Here it's pretty normal to tip, it's just that people don't make a big deal out of it, with noone having to autistically figure out percentages with a "tip"-field on the bill. We usually tip to round up the bill, or whatever. When I was a delivery boy I got tipped a lot, and even got tips when I worked in hospital

the thing is that americans always have to tip otherwise the waiter doesn't get paid apparently
they get insulted when they don't tip, they even calculate it with a percentage from what they paid before lmao

I never tipped anyone while Italy, is this rude? No one asked for it either.

wow passive anger.

It would be very impolite if we did. Many don't even accept it when offered as my boss. In general nobody expects you too, after all not even italians themselves tip so we are used to it.

>Had some pretty decent greek customers as well, surprisingly.
We are usually savages only inside our own cunt

Tipping is obligatory in USA unlike in EU where it rewards above average service.

Can't really stand finns lately, for some reason

Probably because you are a butthurt frigapiatos

No. Waiters are actually paid in europe

This too

What do you tip on average, I honestly feel like Americans are big tippers

tipped a German barista in Berlin 1 Euro. Guess what, the next time he served me coffee in an ivory cup and saucer with a free chocolate biscotti, instead of a white polystyrene cup and nothing.

power of paying it forward, Sup Forums and europoors

>1 euro
I call bullshit on that

Depends on the bill, if I just buy a beer or 2, I round up to the next full number (and maybe a buck or so on top, if it's a qt), if it's more than 30€ maybe a 3-5€ tip. Rarely as high as 10 for a big bill or so. Of course that's just me and the people I hang out with, there are plenty of people that tip more.

I mean even here they are paid like normal people, but the tipping meme made me insecure when travelling abroad.

funny story. i had no idea how much money (in terms of worth) I was actually carrying with me throughout my trip to Europe

>inb4 typical yank

may be, but I always have a number in my mind not to exceed and that's how i budget my expenses

That seems pretty reasonable, we really are under the impression that Euros don't tip

Eons ago I bartended and loyal customers and big tippers were treated like royalty, I always made a point to buy them rounds nightly, and not on the house but outta my tip jar

they must have been quite satisfied with your service

Nah tipping is pretty customary, just not as regulated, but of course that only goes for Germany, Europe isn't homogenous

Oh also a tip is called "Trinkgeld", meaning drinking money and I've often had customers say things along the line of "so that you can have a nice evening" or "here so you can buy a beer" or so.

we tip but there's no fixed % rule, it mostly depends on how satisfied the costumer was how large the tip will be

same here, drinkgeld

I guess its more standard here, I tip 20-25% for restaurants, 5 bucks for pizza delivery, 7-10 for a haircut, every round of drinks(a dollar or 2) if I'm not running a tab...

Holy shit that's a lot. Is that the standard? (niggers excluded)

A little above average, I've gotten more generous as I've gotten older and had more expendable income

Did you guys take learn from your fathers ? I remember always going to the barber with my father as a kid and how I slowly made a habit of tipping the barber after seeing him do it

Marko would tip for sure, he is probably the kindest finn.

probably because if they travel they're rich and don't care about small money? just a logic thought passing by...

No, that's not it. I met all kinds of people: wealthy, poor, in between and it really depends on the state of mind and how much they are satisfyed of the service.

Shut up retard and stop tipping, anyone with any self-respect wouldn't accept a tip and anyone with any sense of class wouldn't hand one out.

Learn some fucking manners, you swine.

italians are known for being scrooges, we were dying of hunger not too long ago, so it's the italian mentality I guess, opposed to big west countries that had long and rich empires