Do you wish you'd done military service? Or maybe you have. What did you think of it?

Do you wish you'd done military service? Or maybe you have. What did you think of it?

>Do you wish you'd done military service?
lol no.
I'm supposed to in a few years but I'll probably manage to bail.

If I was a few years younger and in better shape, and if the army wasn't a magnet for "patriots", skinheads and other ape-like people, I'd like to do my conscription in special forces or join the airforce. There's no other place where you can fly single-seat jets or jump out of the back of a C-130.

Great time to serve the nation

Post that one babs picture where she's sitting on a table next to a guy and you can see some cellulite in her thighs please

I did my service and it was utterly boring.

I was a truck driver and BMP-2 mechanic

I spent 9 months in the army in 2008. Fun times, but people who seriously consider a military career are clinically retarded, especially enlisted and NCOs.

It's shit. There is nothing patriotic about doing retarded moves like monkeys under the fucking sun.

This one?

No. She's sitting on the left on like a table or something. Believe it was at a film festival

>but people who seriously consider a military career are clinically retarded.
Why? You can obtain many skills and qualifications in the forces. Decent pay. Free dental/eye/priority healthcare.

Reckon you mean this one.

Aye. So much for reliable memories.

Thanks!

No. Military Service, for the UK, has been pointless for decades.

I did mine and thought it was really fun and interesting for the most part. I've never challenged myself physically the same way before.
I was a signalman

Yeah, I wish I'd done humanitarian missions in far-off places, like protecting villages from Boko Haram and safeguarding voting stations.

What does basic training involve? How long did it take?

I hadn't really realized our military actually did stuff that mattered until I was 20 or so.

It was alright. Was fun to learn about guns and shit like that.

I was in military service for 4 months out of 11 and then I went to civilian service XD

I want to fuck Babs and then call her a dirty coalburner.

Bit nasty

Basic is about 2 months, you learn how to live and act in the barracks and how to shoot and maintain your gun and throw grenades and shoot with a bazooka and how a squad operates etc. Basic military stuff

Got forced into it back in 98.
All my older relatives and shit told me it would make me grow up and learn respect. And that it would be fun..
All it thought me was how to sneak off base and get drunk, hate authority and ruin my love for hiking.. Was it fun? Is chronic pain, hunger and anger fun? No. Still have back and knee problems from that shit.
Fuck the military, my country is fucking useless anyways. Even if every man and boy took up arms any moderate sized enemy force would wipe us out in a day.. Pointless.

Sometimes I'm happy I got asthma and a free pass from "lumpen".
That crap sounds bad.

wish I could, but I can't join cause I've been hospitalized for depression before

What exactly do less powerful countries with NO conscription do with their military? Like Croatia or Peru?

I did civil service instead and highly preferred it. Could keep living at home, and my job was to push people in wheelchairs around. In the army I would've had to sleep in group rooms and I would've learned absolutely nothing other than to chug beer like a drain. Conscription has been removed since.

Pretty much this
The only life changing thing I learned was how to sleep during the day and how to best avoid responsibility

Some times i miss military. First of all you no need to thinking. Someone think everything for you. If its goes wrong there is no responsibility. Second week of my military service i did suddenly realize i didnt think for anyting first time in my life. It was a gift (because i am suffering axiety disorder).
No think = no anxiety
(also my commanders did acting very forgiving and sweet to me than other soldiers because of my suicidal past and psyciatric conditions)
I did read 10.000 page and 35 books in 6 months when my military service.

I would have, but I've been deaf in one ear since early childhood. Wouldn't let me in

>The only life changing thing I learned was how to sleep during the day and how to best avoid responsibility
TRUE SOLDIER
What military life teachs:
>responsibility is bad, avoid from it

I was going to, but right before I turned 18 conscription was abolished, so I did a voluntary year in a hospital instead.

post booklist please

I think we can all agree that soldiers are the very lowest form of life.

can you please elaborate on your statement a little because i don't know how you came to that conclusion

He's looking for bites. You bit

I always thought anxiety would hold me back in a military enviorment. Also cannot sleep when there's so many people around, so much noise even if it's just snooring so i'd probably not do that great

after i hit enter i realized that

I was in the army here for 4 years as a medic. I was assigned as an infantry platoon medic for most of it, was a scout/sniper medic for a short while and did some time in a clinic.

Do I regret it? No, I got to do so many cool stuff none of my non-military friends will ever know or experience. My closest friends are all military people I worked with, closer than my actual brothers. I learned a lot, did a lot and traveled all over the world.

Did it suck? Absolutely. Most military stuff is retarded bullshit. The leadership is pants on head retarded at all levels because the promotion system is broken. The smart ones get out and get on with their lives and the idiots and niggers stay in for the paychecks and are the ones that rise in the ranks by default. So you've got retards telling the smart and capable ones to do stupid shit which gets old fast and drives the good ones out. Which is why the military is so fucked up and dysfunctional.

It was 4 years of my life that I could have spent getting my degree in college, but I'm a student now in school for free, so I can't complain.

because it means you're simple enough to be manipulated by spooks into sacrificing the most important thing you have, your autonomy, for the benefit of others

A cloud who offended to Genghis Khan (novel-Aytmatov)
Attila (novel-peyami safa)
Japanese fairy tales
Süyünbike
Fudoki
Japanese Humor
Hubilai Khan
History of Sibir
Japanese Folk Tales
Kojiki
Childrens of Koktengri
Genghis Khan (novel-Vassili Yan)
55 days in Ötüken
Turkic Mythology
Goddess of Troy (novel)
Koktengri religion of our forefathers
Sultan Murat (novel-Aytmatov)
Xiong-nu's (Gumilëv)
Jemile (Novel-Aytmatov)
Genghis Khan and the Mongol Empire (Jean-Poul Roux)
Turkic Mythological system -1
Turkic Mythological system -2
Silmarillion (novel-Tolkien)
Clash of the Kings -1 (novel-Martin)
The Day Lasts More Than a Hundred Years (novel-Aytmatov)
Sacred plants and animals in central asia (Roux)
Memoirs of a Geisha (novel)
Tu-kius (Old Turks) (Lev Nikolayevich Gumilëv)
The House of the Dead (novel-Fyodor Dostoyevsky)
Sakha-Yakuts (Sheroshevsky)
Stories From Chingis Aytmatov (novel-Aytmatov)
Sumerian Mythology (Kramer)
Torguts (novel)
Destroyed Turkology (Ashnin)

also i forgot
Roverandom (novel-Tolkien)

very thanks