How common are row-houses in your country, Sup Forums? Meaning houses that share at least one wall with another house...

How common are row-houses in your country, Sup Forums? Meaning houses that share at least one wall with another house, and are part of a row of several houses (as opposed to a "semi-detatched" home that is only connected to one other house). In the US, they are fairly uncommon, and often very expensive if they are in a trendy area.

can't speak for the entire country but in my city it's the new in thing to do. used to be duplexes and townhouses but row houses are all the rage now.

Extremely common.

Extremely uncommon, only saw that sort of thing when I traveled abroad.

Do long commieblocks count as ones?
If so yes, we have a lot.

not as common as you'd think but far from rare
ironically there are terraced homes that are some of the most expensive and upscale in the country

Common, pretty sure a Victorian terrace with a bay window is a stereoptypical British house. Semi-detached homes are more common however

They are fairly common here

This. Also they look kinda scary. Claustrophobic.

They're increasingly becoming common which wasn't traditionally the case as literal one bedroom shacks used to at least have a half decent amount of terrain.

>Greece
>Not claustrophobic

What? Isn't Athens one of the densest cities in Europe?

in mexico city they are very common

I guess it depends on the definition. We don't really have those in the cities and finnish type is a bit different and they are located away from the city centres.

Brit living in the US here. Escaping shitty row house life was one of the reasons I moved to the states. The vast majority of Brits live in row houses or semi-detached houses. It is pretty shit.

>larping this badly

what makes you think that? terraced houses can be comfy if they're not one of those tiny, grotty types with no front porch like you find in ex coal mining shitholes

>not as common as you'd think

Around 70% of people in Britain live in attached or demi-detached homes. So yes, it is the norm there.

>what makes you think that?

Because I've lived in them? I spent the first 30 years of my life living in semi-detached homes in the UK. They are absolute shit compared to detached. British housing in general is shit.

it's semi-detached not "demi-detached" and it has nothing to do with "row houses"
>and are part of a row of several houses (as opposed to a "semi-detatched" home that is only connected to one other house)
try reading the OP properly next time

Athens is claustrophobic as fuck and I hate it.

>semi-detached not "demi-detached"

No shit. It was a typo.

>it has nothing to do with "row houses"

They're built exactly the same as an end-of-terrace row house you mong.

everywhere in poor neighbourhoods. They were ruled as against human rights by our supreme court so you dont see new constructions with this pattern

no one in their right mind thinks semis and terraced houses are interchangeable you utter spanner, terraced is the least popular type among home owners
>mong
the larping is really, really cringy, please just pack it in

>no one in their right mind thinks semis and terraced houses are interchangeable

Theyre both forms of attached housing, which is shit. Its even more shit because most of these houses were built after the war and British builders slapped them together using the worst materials and craftsmanship possible. When I was in a semi-detached, which is now a half million pound house, the walls were so thin you could hear our neighbours footsteps whenever he walked.

Quite common in the US in older cities. I live in one that is a recent development but outside of a city.

Actually 3/5 places I've lived in the last 4 years have been townhouses, another was an apartment in a development that also had townhouses, and the last was a house divided by extensions (not identical but attached). If you rent you probably won't have a standalone house, at least if you live in the Northeast.

Unfortunately, some of the best old row-houses in the northeast are stuck in ghettos in cities like Baltimore or Newark.

What we call rivitalo lit. "row house" is a bit different from the examples posted here in the sense that they are always housing cooperatives. You buy s share ie. the apartment and pay a smallish fee every month for services that the board has decided, usually garbage disposal, cleaning the yeard, plowing snow etc.

Much more common on the coasts than in the heartland. Almost everyone who rents in a multi unit out here is in an apartment complex. Row houses are popular in new construction however, because townhones/duplexes are equated with low income here, while rowhouses are architecturally pleasing (they remind yuppie white people of Boston or San Fran)

are there any resources on the construction and architectural styles of row houses?
what about costs and easy of construction?
what's the cheapest way you could build them will also making sure they're decent houses?
would prefer more of them to commieblocks and other postmodern garbage

the main problem with them is the risk of fire

What happens if one catches fire?

Isn't garbage service provided by the city with your tax money?

Would you call this row-houses ?

A lot and I hate it.

You can hear or feel if someone hit the wall on the other side.

Extremely common. They are called terrace houses here. Most are one or two storeys high, though 3 storeys are becoming more common. Most have a parking porch and a small grass courtyard.

not common, only some commie blocks are connected.

Here it is usually called "town house" or quadra house.
The idea is nice but its implementation (like everything here) is lame I won't go in detail it is just fucked up but if it wasn't I'd live in such """"house""" for sure.

Are we talking structural or architecture? What kind of building do you choose to live in?

Very rare

Very common.