How are your driving skills Sup Forums?

How are your driving skills Sup Forums?

Pretty good. But I get incredibly nervous when I get on a road I'm not familiar with.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mUFYqszWYlQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I rarely drive because I don't have a car. I drove a little bit in my previous job though, and learned how to drive with a trailer, reversing and parking with trailers takes a bit of practice.

>But I get incredibly nervous when I get on a road I'm not familiar with.

Or when you see this

> How are your driving skills
Extremely poor.
My parents forced me to take the driving courses.
The learning process itself wasn't too bad. Got the theory exam passed on the first try. The practice one is where I completely flopped. I had to take the driving exam seven times before I got it right.
The very first time I tried to drive out of a garage I smashed a headlight. Drove to the nearest body shop and replaced it. When I was putting the car back into the garage I smashed the bloody headlight. Drove to another car shop because I was ashamed of shoving up to the same guys with the exact same problem on the same day. Successfully managed to put it back into the garage very very carefully.
The next week my mum asked me to drive her to her parents in the village. When I was pulling out of the garage I smashed the motherfucking headlight once again. Called a taxi so my mum would get to a bus station and then drove to yet another body shop to fix the headlight. On the way back home I nearly crashed into some dude on a big black jeep. I got lucky that he was a good driver and that he managed to avoid the collision.
After a week or so I decided to practice a little and drive around at late evening. Pulled out of the garage with great caution. When I was driving around I nearly ran over some woman which was crossing the road on a crosswalk on the green light - I just didn't see her up until the moment she slammed her hand against the bonnet.
Got scared shitless.
Haven't touched the car in about a month. Decided to try again. When I was driving out of the garage I crashed into a tree, smashed both rear lights and tore away the bumper.
Decided that I've had enough. Asked the neighbour to put the car back into the garage, threw the keys into a drawer. I don't go near the car for four years now.

A new shitty($2k in US) car here costs 40k of our coin, more than 10k US dolars, and a poor/student/intern wage is 2k of our coin — and most of it is used to pay bills. Having a car here, as an average mortal, is impossible, i envy you americans

Wow.

You are either extremely unlucky or have some kind of mental disability. Even being a bad driver it's unlikely to have that much problems each time you go on the road.

Are you a guy or girl?

I'm a guy.

People who hold steering wheel like this should be considered risky and dangerous to society which is why they should refrain from driving or any other form of motor vehicle operation all together. It is not save and does put innocent lives in danger after all. Keep it safe and be cautious on the public road, but most importantly be predictable and consistently reliable with your inputs with the steering wheel, happy day to all of you my fellow awakened children. Drive safe,

maybe you need some fucking glasses, Viktor

>How are your driving skills Sup Forums?

I actually love driving. I was nervous as fuck for the first month or so but now I really enjoy it, especially long distances.

I unironically think that I'm a very good driver.

Apparently I'm a good driver but I don't like driving at all.

I have a license for emergency vehicles because of work.

Other than that I genuinely despise cars as a form of transport and I don't own one.

I'm doing okay I guess, I've been driving regularly for 7 years and didn't get into any incident. But I hate driving in Paris, it's a nightmare.

I was like you but after a few 10h+ car trips I think I'm a bit bored by it.

I fucking hate driving. If I lived in a different part of the world where I could realistically just walk from place to place, I would never look back.

The thing that puts it over the top I think is how many fucking giant trucks and stupid SUVs there are. In other countries they don't have nearly as much of that shit on the same roads as normal people. It makes no sense when you have to deal with fucking convoys of them not even 5 mins after leaving the house.

So I would say I'm a shit driver but it's mostly attributed to me being impatient and wanting to just be done with it as soon as I can.

>But I hate driving in Paris, it's a nightmare.

Yes Parisian drivers are the worst kind of assholes in this country.
It's a fucking jungle. They drive around you and risk hitting you just to go first at the light and earn one or 2 seconds.

I assume good, did three extreme driving courses and got my car into a track.

Honestly, seeing how people drive in Russia, I thought they would just give the licence to anybody.

normal but it bores me to death so i have a tendency on getting distracted and risking my life

can't pass the theorical exam

I'm the guy that delivers your dragon dildo's every day for the past 4 years, so I think pretty good desu

I forgot to mention I am a trucker and I spend most of my life on the road, where I cover around 600-800km daily.
>cab life
>no life is not a meme

I don't need driving skills I have an SUV.

What do you think about Tesla trucc?

so-so

did you try reading the book?

Have you thought about getting your eyes checked?

Here's a question I've always been wondering; why do trucks overtake other trucks?
You gain like what, 5 seconds earlier time to your destination?

What a trucker think of a truck that will probably drive itself in a few years?
I think I know the answer.

We have an eye check up before getting the license. My eyes are ok.

Because they are fucking assholes.

As is everyone else that is not me.

Autobahn is fucking WAR.
GET THE FUCK OFF MY LEFT LANE.

There will always be a driver in the car for safety reasons. At least for the next 30 years until we replace the driver with an autonomous maintenance unit and that will be watched by another guy sitting in an office somewhere else.

i know a CHAD truck driver, dont make excuses, you choose truck life because you had no life anyway

yeah I spent months doing it, and I usually have a pretty great memory, it just makes no sense to me

>until we replace the driver with an autonomous maintenance unit and that will be watched by another guy sitting in an office somewhere else

Give it max 10 years, probably less than that.

Just not enough training.
Just do all the training questions on your computer over and over again until you get max 2 error each time for 10 consecutive training tests and you just cannot fail.
It's the same questions at the exam.

even just doing the tests without the book would be enough if it's the same as here, it really takes half a day to prepare it
you sure you really tried? even borderline subhumans can get it here after a while

its a meme, sure you can have pilotless trucks on motorways, between storage facilities

but goods need to get to their destination and you shop in storage facilities and those automated vehicles will never manouver inside those towns with tiny roads where the final destinations are

Companies will do whatever they need to save the cost of a driver driving for hours on the highway. If necessary they'll have people picking up the truck just after the highway.

this. NEVER, under ANY circumstances, go near a Russian OR a car, and run away from any Russian IN a car, if you want to survive
youtube.com/watch?v=mUFYqszWYlQ

I tried for 4 months (had a long summer break so I was at it for at least every afternoon), couldn't get under 10 wrong answers

Never had any accident except one time a motorcyclist lost balance and kicked the side door. My father on the other hand is Final Destination incarnate.

I was thinking of brushing up on my theoretics, since it's been a while and sometimes I'm in a situation where I'm not sure who has right of way.

For instance, what do you do if four cars come at an intersection and at least one needs to turn. Everyone has right of way over the other, but how does the rank get established? Is it first-come first-serve or do you need to mutually agree (with nods or waves) who goes first

Very good on my mum's 09' Lancer but I'd rather have a diesel manual wagon

impossible
you can post here so you are above cattle-tier, that is enough to pass that test
bribe the guys or something

Am I the only one who's unironically terrified of driving?
It feels like you can be a model driver and still get killed by any random drunk

I wish I were joking, trust me. Got into trouble with my parents because i owed them a 1000 euros, fortunately I managed to get most of it back from the driving school.

I'm a good driver but I hate driving at night

Simple, to be able to relax.
It is a stressed situation following other truck with a truck.
If you do 90, and other truck does 89,5 you just overtake him and enjoy your peace with nobody in front slowing you down. Usually if it's busy time on the road other trucker will allow you to pass more quickly by slowing down a bit so other road users with their small cars would stop beeping and switching high beams on, shit does not work on 17m long +40t truck please stop it.
But then again not all truckers let others go that is why sometimes you have to enjoy the behemoth race :D

But if you really did it for 4 month each day you have to know the questions by heart? There are only that much official questions. Or maybe you spent 5 minutes a day?

When i went to Russia the 2 things they warned me about was to stay as far away from Russians in cars and not take any drinks they offer you.

Do you sometimes go on the third lane of a 3 lanes highway to overtake other trucks?

im 23 and literally dont know how to drive

More risk as a pedestrian or cyclist anyway.

Besides staying inside, a metal cage wired with exploding cushions and seat belts is the safest way to be on the road.

I managed to get under 10 a couple times when I had reruns but trust me there are A LOT of questions.
Had nothing to do, even had a car waiting for me at the end, I don't why I'd fail on purpose

Why not take drinks? That's just rude

did you have similar problems with similar tests? maybe you have some problem, i can understand failing the practice due to anxiety (it's not understandable desu) but the theory is really easy
what do you get wrong? the crossings? generic rules? you wanted to pull back in the innards of some crash victim?

The problem is the infrastructure, It will take more than few decades to sort it out. We have technology to make trucks go on their own but the infrastructure is where we have to improve. Everything has to communicate with everything, sometimes satellites cannot be trusted, and if there is thick mist or fog, strong snow storm or heavy rain sensors will see nothing but dead civilians :D

>drives a truck
>"dead civilians :D"

Uh oh.

why dont we move everything with trains tho? that literally solves every problem of long distance delivery

trucks are incredibly expensive, and automated ones even more so, its going to be a long while

since westerners dont like uncomfy jobs, if you decide to become a trucker, youll probably retire from it, maybe your grandchildren wont

I'm taking driving lessons and I want to kms
People living in countries where getting your license is cheap don't know their luck, even if they're too retarded to drive a least they don't throw all their money away

Like I said I usually have a great memory, so questions regarding things such as distances or alcohol rates were easy, but once you had to make some kind of reasonment (like if you should overtake or priority) I'd fail.
Forgot to mention they didn't even let me take the test, said I made way too many mistakes.

This so much
Still get a bit buttflustered thinking of how much money I pissed away on lessons

Yes, sometimes, but for very sort period of time.
And only if there is no light vehicles behind me.
e.x I am empty so I do 90km/h no matter uphill or what not. First lane we have some loaded lorry so he does about 50-60km/h then someone behind him for example with less weight doing ~70km/h decides to overtake him which is ok, but I'm coming from behind at 90km/h. So that leaves me with option A: Break hard and wait until second lane is empty or use option B: fuck the police and go straight into left lane :D

>But I get incredibly nervous when I get on a road I'm not familiar with.
Just close your eyes and think in something else.

Mostly in case they're homemade. Ofc i took drinks in bars and such.

Dunno
My reverse side parking sucks ass but everything else is fine
Nervous about big cities i am unfamilar

>they didn't even let me take the test
that's pretty gay
anyway all priority questions are easy, bigger road has priority, people coming from your right have priority, cop>vertical signal>orizontal signal
that's pretty much it
did you ever drive a scooter when younger? it's pretty simple once you grasp it

The driving instructor:
>just be logic brah wtf is wrong with you

You can pass it as much as you want nowadays, you just waste 30€ everytime you fail

maybe I'm simply retarded, probably best for everyone I'm not on the roads

Its like 150€ in geemany

Yeah I heard about that, but I don't care about it anymore.

but it's true, they literally draw everywhere what you should fucking do, watch the signals that are everywhere
you dont know what kind of retards are allowed to drive, one more wouldnt make a difference
you dont seem retarded but even if you were at least you realize it, that drops the danger to a degree

>spending money on lessons
Didn't your parents just teach you?

You're forced to take at least 20 hours of lessons to take the test in France.

I never drive although I passed the test. Don't like it, don't need it. Public transport in Madrid is god tier.

You've got to go through a driving school even if you learn with your parents, my dad didn't wanted to anyway

Pretty good. However I drive so rarely that I get rusty as shit. It mostly shows in when I try to park, I take way longer time than I need to the first few times if I haven't driven in a while.

In France the test is a real challenge. Less than 50% of people have it the first time.
If you learn only with your parents you are likely to fail.

Yeah I visited Paris this summer with a hired car. DESU the drivers were not as big assholes as the ones in Italy but it was messy as fuck with those fuckhuge roundabouts and tight ass traffic.

There's this thing called (((European legislation))) and (((driving schools))). There is a mandatory minimum of driving lessons before you may try the test.

>but it's true, they literally draw everywhere what you should fucking do, watch the signals that are everywhere

Of course it is but once I get behind the wheel I forgot even the simplest rules like a drooling retard because of anxiety
The instructor has to remind me the most basic things asking me if I'm not retarded

I live in a city with good public transport so I don't even have a driver's license

That shit is such a scam I'm amazed it hasn't been exposed

Why? No traffic, no people. It's way more chill.

I don't have a driver license, and i will not pay for one.
The driver license for both car and motorcycle cost at total more than 3500 reais. Almost 1k Euro. This is almost 4 minimum mouth wage in my country.

I am 26yo and drive illegally a my bike because we have one of the most expensive gasoline in the world (considering that we do have a large petrol deposit), it's around 4.28 Reais in my town. 1.11 euros a liter for the cheap one.

>Yeah I visited Paris this summer with a hired car

That's brave. Even locals like me need time to get used to it.
The driving here is the opposite of everywhere else. You have to force your way like everybody else or people wonder what you do and start honking you.
And all roundabouts are reversed, ie people entering have right of way.
Also on the highway around Paris people inserting have right of way, it's the only high speed road I know that is like that.

don't you have massive traffic jams in Brazil though?

This. It's a literal mafia.
> schools will """convince""" you to take extra lessons before the exam
> examiners and instructors are longtime buddies
> there's a hidden quota of "passed" licenses per school and test

Yes, we do.
It's horrible for people who drive. Even in small towns like mine. Capitals and big cities are way worse. I have some friends in São Paulo (biggest city in latin america) and they easily lost 3 hours per day in traffic to travel 20 km the entire day.

Also in France if you leave your current school you cannot be accepted in another school, because all the schools in the same area agree with each others to not take clients of the others. So a well functioning concurrentiel market is not possible.
Exactly like a mafia, they trap you.

>Also in France if you leave your current school you cannot be accepted in another school

That's illegal, driving schools doing that shit deverse to be fucked over, I changed school without problem, of course you have to pay full price a second time

Well consider yourself lucky it doesn't happen in your area. I was myself denied from several schools. I didn't find a new school before I moved.

I don't know if it's illegal, maybe it is but I don't think so, they almost not hiding it.

only works on beta cucks
in theory it's same here but you say "yeah right no thanks i will do it myself" pay nothing to school and pass the exam
if you are a pathetic excuse for a man it's right that you get scammed

I drive to Manhattan almost every day. I feel pretty confident driving anywhere else.

i want to be truck driver too.
sounds comfy