Tea or Coffee

Does Sup Forums like tea or coffee the most? Do you have any particular types, brands or cultivars you like more than others? How do you prefer to drink it?

Both tea and coffee has so much variety, I personally find it really exciting to try out the different variations places around the world have to offer, so if you have any recommendations I'd love to hear it, especially when it comes to tea.

Shut up nerd

Tea

I'm generally a coffee person, but only because I have access to quality beans on the cheap.

I generally prefer espresso or americanos, but only because I lost my coffee maker to my ex-girlfriend, and bought a cheap espresso machine for my cheap beans. As for the black-water cherries themselves, I prefer South American, and usually semi-shaded, but every region has its own distinct taste, and usually a roasting method (humidity, temp, time/end colour) that works best.

As for tea, I've been mowing down the oolong lately, and my neighbour's wife will come over every now and then with a jar of some masala chai that she fires up herself. That doesn't ever last long either.

Tea for me, coffee makes my tummy rumble
Black tea with milk and sugar in the mornings and later on I usually have some oolong tea

Some of my recommendations:

The tea in OP is matcha. Some of you might be familiar with it already, although perhaps through desserts or in the form of a latte, since that seems to be a hot thing lately. It's a powdered green tea that's whisked with hot water until foamy. Supposedly has good health benefits, but more importantly it's delicious. Would definitely recommend it to anyone, but just keep in mind that a wide bowl (chawan) like in the picture and a whisk (chasen, pic related) is key, so it has a bit of an entry barrier. Also keep in mind that the quality varies a lot, so you want to make sure you're not buying cooking grade matcha and ideally you'll want it coming from Japan.

The best drink that exists on this mortal plane is Assam tea with whole milk. Sugar in the morning

beer

tea>>>>coffee

also milk+tea is just retarded

coffee is my go-to warm drink but I think I enjoy matcha and oolong tea more. I can't drink it very often though since they're more expensive to buy in bulk compared to coffee.

Dianhong tea, also referred to as Yunnan tea, is a black tea from Yunnan, China. It's one of my favorite black teas and drink it on a regular basis. Compared to more generic black teas, it's very light and easy to drink, and has kind of a chocolatey flavor to it. This is just matter of getting the brewing times right for the most part, so it's hard to screw up, as opposed to the matcha. The more expensive ones will have a lot of so-called "golden tips", which are the yellow, almost golden, leaves. These have an even milder taste and tends to be really good, but even the cheap ones are really good in my opinion.

Finally, since it's from China, you can also get it fairly cheap online (e.g. AliExpress).

I will try this

Teabaglets please stay away from this thread
Also if you are not brewing your coffee in inbrik you are doing it WRONG

It's a component of the classic "English breakfast" tea blend. It tastes quite malty and strong, I'd thoroughly recommend it

Nice, I really enjoy English breakfast

Big Black Coffee for me

>oolong
Mah niggas. I drink a fair amount of oolong tea too. It's also probably my favorite tea to cold brew. Oolong on hot summer days is amazing and would recommend trying it cold if you haven't.

I never have but I will today
Do you add anything to it?

>Do you add anything to it?
I personally like it as is.

coffee, tea is for faggots

1 or 2 cups of coffee first thing in the morning, followed by 5 - 8 cups of black or green tea throughout the day and evening.

I like tea, brand "Princes Nuri". Can have 8-10 cups tea on daily. With cookie and cake, niam-niam. Drinking of coffee is rarely for me.

I wish I can have time to enjoy all kinds of tea every morning, that's why my life is as shit as a cup of instant coffee.

I drink Earl Grey at work for the theanine because I hate coffee. At home I'm usually too lazy to make tea so I drink water and juices.

And finally, sencha. It's a Japanese green tea that is steamed to prevent oxidation. This is different from a lot of other green teas that are roasted on a pan. This is a very popular type of tea in Japan and thus has a ton of different cultivars, meaning taste will vary a lot from tea to tea. Generally speaking though, the taste is very "grassy" and can put off people who really aren't into green tea. On the other hand, if you like green tea, it's really good. You'll want to make sure you get decent quality tea though, because I've had really cheap sencha before and it not even comparable to good sencha.

I usually buy mine from O-cha, since all their teas are of good quality and they're directly from Japan.

coffee in the morning and during the day when i work.
tea in the evening when i listen to classical music and read books

Oh, I forgot to mention that brewing it can be a bit of a pain in the ass. If you get the temperature wrong, you can end up with a very bitter tea. So if you ever decide to try it, don't fret if the first times you brew it turn out tasting bitter.

do you order your tea online? if so where?

>directly from Japan
*china

keep deluding yourself user

Coffee till 17.00 then tea.

Tea, but No suger please
Can’t buy anywhere even iin China

Yup.

AliExpress for some cheap pu-erh, Dianhong, or other Chinese teas. Sites like yunnansourcing.com for better quality Chinese teas.

For green teas, I buy from o-cha.com primarily, but since their matcha is pretty expensive, I'll occasionally buy matcha from yuuki-cha.com since it's more affordable (albeit lower quality). The latter has some pretty good Japanese black teas as well, so I'd definitely recommend those too.

The man at the center of the motorcade can choose between coffee and tea

tea
tea
tea

Both tea and coffee, but just generic supermarket-tier stuff Tbh.

Coffee 3 times a day and tea when I don't feel like drinking coffee. But fuck filtered coffee, that shit is disgusting

cawfee

I prefer tea, it's cheaper overall and isn't associated with so many negative side effects. Also I have anxiety issues exacerbated by coffee. Also, after drinking tea for a few months I realized how disgustingly sweet most softdrinks really are, it felt like drinking a cup of bubbly sugar syrup, so I felt my choice to drink tea had been correct.

My favorite tea is Chamomile and Linden, but I also like Japanese green tea.

tea