Why doesn't our country use normal green camo by default?

I know most of our wars are in the desert so we sometimes use the sand camo, but why is the "default" colour this sickly weed shade of green? most of the US is forest and we only have 2 deserts, hell, 1/3rd of our country is covered in snow

why the fuck do you ask us?

Because Uniforms have been getting universally more ugly for the last 200 years.

>but why is the "default" colour
>colour
get out of my country you disgusting faggot

I moved here legally, I have as much a right to stay here as you

They are only expecting to fight in the middle-east from now on seeing as your military is essentially a branch of the Israeli government.

oh legally is fine. where are you from

Wales

Is there a reason his US flag patch is inverted?

Oh ok. carry on

something about it waving in the wind when you run or some stupid shit

they're always like that, something about "attack position"? never looked it up, sorry

Its supposed to go as if it was on a flag pole and always waving with the flagpole forward

yeah that's what i said. like it's waving on a persons uniform

That colour could probably blend into a lot of terrains, could be a rock, or some moss, or similar to greyish birch bark, vivid green only blends into some thick old growth forest and jungles.

I get it, so it looks like its trailing behind you as if it was a real flag.

ye

At least the Navy has dark blue so they blend into the ocean.

From army regs since they're the only ones who wear it
>The U.S. flag embroidered insignia is worn so that the star field faces forward, or to the flag’s own right. When worn in this manner, the flag is facing to the observer’s right and gives the effect of the flag flying in the breeze as the wearer moves forward.

make this guys face just slightly rounder and he'd be the most punchable person in the world
leaf uniforms are pretty decent though

That always seemed totally retarded to me. Surely the ocean is the last thing a sailor would want to blend in to?

The default is supposed to work in urban environments, green wouldn't blend in as well

Whoever decided to adopt that shit needs to be shot

the goal is to make a universal camo that works well in any environment, ended up with a shitty camo that works well in no environment

This
It's actually the "ruined concrete" look, based on the color scheme of urban environments that are quickly torn down and rebuilt with cheap concrete on a regular basis by roving bands of Americans.

So they can blend in most of terrains, which they kinda do depending on the biome.

Pic is West-Point students visiting the CIGS academy.