VIVA CRISTO REY

Y NUESTRA SEÑORA DE GUADALUPE

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Bpk4UUJ_hag
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brigid_of_Kildare
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canonization)
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>gets rekt by calles

There's a little icon of Our Lady of Guadalupe at my church, I imagine practically every Mexican church must have it.

youtube.com/watch?v=Bpk4UUJ_hag

State atheism should have stayed as the law
Incompetent useless government

Kys

>church
Try home

I swear to god the catholic church ruined this country

*Make better

It was those damn dirty Freemasons user

No it fucking didn't
Cristeros are a cancer just like the Synarchists

You say this only because you feel more amerindian than mexican
Well unironically it make your country better not worse
Imagine if instead of beheading on the street alone you would that on sacred place

and some cars

>because you feel more Amerindian than Mexican
I don't want me or my family sacrificed thanks
Also Amerindians are amongst the more hardcore Catholics some times

For real?
So you are saying that amerindian are catholics and not the religion of aztec?
To me is strange

>So you are saying that amerindian are catholics
Yes they are, they sometimes re enact traditional limpias but thats mostly show for tourism
Even the most authentic of Maya people are catholic, kek even some of them are muslim in Chiapas

>religion a involves sacrificing poor people, virgins, and children to horrific gods who threaten to cut off your vital resources if you don't do what they say
>religion b involves kindness, humility, healthcare, education, care for the poor and meek, and is practiced by a civilization that effortlessly defeated yours and is backed by a mysterious apparition of its most important saint

Not really that surprising my man, I'd say most natives in Canada are Catholic too

Probably they conciliate the old gods with saints like the romans did at their time
Christianity is so much widespread because it can absorb all the culture in the world (even chink and gook managed to have christianity, ethipians too)

>Probably they conciliate the old gods with saints like the romans did at their time

Bad meme, there is literally no evidence of this and veneration of saints pre-dates it becoming the dominant religion in rome (it was even practiced in pre-christian times by jews to an extent)

lmfao

The main saints are all from judea but minor saints were given the role of the old gods, you can't say to a farmer to delete all what you learn and impose a new religion. Even because religion back then was everything

There is enculturation where a culture is eased into Catholicism, like when Pope Gregory I sent a mission to England he told them to turn pagan temples into churches rather than destroy them and to replace statues of their gods with images of Christian saints, but that's not the same thing as co-opting their gods and turning them into saints. I can't think of any examples where that's happened, Christian saints are (at least purported to be) real people who's ability to intercede for the faithful is only because of God. The practices are only superficially similar.

>I can't think of any examples where that's happened,
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brigid_of_Kildare

Unironically it's funny but was the protestant church that decide that this pratice to canonize new saint from old gods has to stop by making that the last remembrance of the old gods in nordic countries has left this world

I've heard the idea before. There's no conclusive evidence and probably never will be since the her story has become so mythologized. They simply share the same (pretty common) name and a few similar patronages. There may very well have been a real nun named Brigid, and Christians may very well have purposely put her feast day on the same day that the goddess Brigid was celebrated, but I find it hard to believe that Christians literally just copy-pasted the goddess and turned her into a saint. They were very eager to throw away pre-Christian religious practices.

>being this delusional
Christcucks are fucking trash

I don't understand

>but I find it hard to believe that Christians literally just copy-pasted the goddess and turned her into a saint.
it's hardly that simple. many powers are at play. not just simple copy-pasting. it isn't a bad thing either.

>christians are eager to do get away from pre-christian religions practices
>dude let's practice this pre-christian religion

It doesn't make sense and it's more likely that she was a real person whose life was embellished by later writers (which has happened to a lot of saints, especially early ones).

Good guess. Even though it's mostly catholicism, some aspects are fused, like that Santa Muerte shit.

When the reformation happened one of the new rule of the newly formed protesta t church was to end the practice of canonization (en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canonization) and revoke the canon status of saint to all the saint with old gods background
By doing that all the few memory of the nordic gods still remembered were wiped out for good

This

Lutherans and Anglicans and most old-school protestants still have a calendar of saints, they just don't treat them like Catholics and Orthodox do.

Don't get me wrong i don't defend catholicism or protestantism(?) but to not worship saint basically you strip them all of their power and soon or after they will be forgotten
In the catholic church although saint are important still jesus and god are level ahead of anybody (even angels, but thats another topic)

se te va a pasar el nuevo episodio de rick and morty user