Applied to a job in Japan because fuck it why not

>applied to a job in Japan because fuck it why not
>English teacher
>lmao I'm not a native speaker but told them I was (said I was raised in Brazil only, born in Texas)
>they asked for an online interview
>giggled, said yes cuz thought it wouldn't happen
>ohboy it happened
>they now want me to send proof that I was born in the USA as I had told them in my application
>they said they'll sponsor my visa
>haven't replied since
>12 unread emails

fuck bros, what do I do????

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1Bix44C1EzY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Teaching English in Japan is literally a McDonald's level job. They aren't choosy; just tell them you lied and they probably won't care

If you can subject the evidence then the story end obviously

lol they bought it after listening to your accent?
just mail "I'm sorry but I'm unable to travel due to a car accident" or some shit, don't leave them hanging.

Just drop them a copuple of lines say something personal or family related came up, you don't even have to be specific, and that you'll no longer be able to fill the position.

I mean can't

The same thing happened to me but for some college related work in Greenland, I've heard it's pretty hard to move there if you're not Danish but I wanted to see if I could anyway. I was halfway through the whole process until I realized that I didn't want to live in Greenland, no matter how comfy it looked, and My danish was kiddy level

>lol they bought it after listening to your accent?

desu I have spent quite a bit of time in the USA, I have a cousin who lives there and I've been traveling back and forth ever since I was 4, so my "american accent" is quite good.

Greenland doesn't seem as comfy as Iceland

Also, the interviewer's English skill was absolutely atrocious.

Teaching college is pretty respectable and high paying desu

>and high paying desu

I've heard you need more than 400k yen per month in Tokyo to live well

You can live on 90000 yen a month quite comfortably in Tokyo if you live in the suburbs

400k a month for one person would be very luxurious

>in the suburbs

Like?
Chuo?
Minami?
What's considered ''suburban'' Tokyo?

As someone looking at doing the same thing, you really don't have a chance. Japs want white English speakers with Western Bachelors degrees and preferably a CELTA or TESOL. The fact that you're Brazilian outweighs any grammatical knowledge or teaching ability you possess.

Sorry irmão. You could always try China or South East Asia.

I am talking about the slab of endless commuter cities around the actual city center

like Chofu, Komae, Mitaka etc

You need a bachelors degree as a bare minimum to be able to work and stay over there as a foreigner. I know people like to shit on English teachers in Japan but regardless of their social status, they are more qualified than the majority of people on Sup Forums will likely ever be. They also have the balls to leave their country and safety bubble, which is more than most people can say they are willing and capable of.

They are choosy, just not as choosy as whatever unrealistic double standards you may have.

>lies like a nigger
>hurrrr pls help me

I hope you fuck yourself.

>tfw well paying full time software engineering job
i missed my chance to teach in japan, still think it would have been fun

Or you can graduate from a Japanese vocational school

My dad was a Danish citizen until he was 21, how hard would it be for me to move there?

Brazilians aren't for an academic job but for a slave at manufacturing factory

They are not. They don't even really care if you have a bachelor's degree, it just makes it easier for them to get you a visa. If you have PR or a spouse visa it's literally "you look howaito enough for me, welcome aboard"

>bachelor's degree
>more qualified than the majority of people on Sup Forums

>4chin
>full of people with masters and phd’s

look around yourself old man

A general like /fr/ is full of people with high degrees though, not sure about other countries

Tell them you got a job at NASA to teach English to Martians. They'll believe it because you were born in Texas, and NASA is in Houston.

youtube.com/watch?v=1Bix44C1EzY

I left High School early and I know there are other Anons who have.

I didn't drop out. I was just so miserable, depressed, and anxiety-laden I just stopped going. I actually was good in school and enjoyed learning. I don't regret my decision. I don't want a part in the career game. I just want enough money to live on and everyone to leave me alone so I can enjoy myself.

German is a bunch of autistic NEETS and I

Well of course if you have a spousal visa or are already legally in Japan then you're fine. But I doubt this Brazilian or any other prospective English teacher is married to a Japanese lady.

Bachelors and Anglo citizenship is the absolute minimum, unless you get on the JET program.