Ancona? Genova?

kinda makes me wanna live in the city

You are going to your office :D

Trieste

I don't have camera

You drive a '99 to '04 GM?

2008 holden commodore

My view right now

Some of the air vents, buttons, dials and the dash are the same from my '99 Corsa.

holden is owned by general motors so no surprise there

youtube.com/watch?v=3wUFhBXhq9c

Kinda weird how they've been using the same parts for 10 years on their different brands. Plus there's a huge difference between the Corsa and the Commodore.

mine looks worse than this but i don't have a camera

I actually have no fucking clue what year the car was made even though I could easily find out, it's probably before 2005 desu

your kot is UGLY

A more recent one

kys for owning a switch

Colombia is really that dangerous? Pics looks comfy

t. so(n)yboy

Well you may get robbed if you're walking by some areas but besides that you won't really face any danger unless you end up doing some stupid shit like getting into a fight or something, i guess it's kind of dangerous for an european

Rate my Christmas tree.

>Sicherheitszündhölzer
JAWOHL

Eating some macadamia cookies, bretty good. Subscribe for more ebin food posts.

*kills u*

nice idea

Good morning, Sup Forums.
>pic related
Is living in Slovenia as nice as it looks?

Pretty! What state are you in?

Oops, wrong pic. That one was from another morning.
>this morning

Thanks. I live in Vermont.
>one of the views I enjoy on my work commute

Is snow really as comfy as it looks? I want to wrap myself up in blankets right next to the fireplace while shitposting in Sup Forums.

I really enjoy snow and cold weather, but I've always lived in places which have cold and snowy winters. I've got the woodstove going, I'm sipping my coffee, and I have a quilt on my lap. It's pretty dang cozy.
>pic related
Skiing, snowshoeing, pond hockey, and ice fishing are really fun.

>tfw will never experience snow
>tfw no white Christmas childhood
Being in the equator is suffering.

needs one or two mini ornaments

I'm not even from a particularly cold part of the world (UK) but the cold is MUCH more comfy than heat

Thanks

Rather boring weather.

Time to go home senpai

still got quite a few months left here
it's getting cold here, but heat from the A/C just isn't as comfy as heat from a radiator

What you doing over there? Britain misses you

Studying Chinese

>the cold is MUCH more comfy than heat
Yeah, especially humid heat. That's why Colorado is the best place ever.

Not the bloke you responded to, but how hard is it to access western social media over there?

>fucking swedebro has a castle in the background
>I have a parkinglot

Oooweee das purty

Where in China? I was over there a couple of months ago

reddit and Sup Forums, you don't need a VPN
Snapchat, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, etc are can't be used without a VPN. Saying that, you sometimes get notifications if your VPN is turned off but you need to turn it on to actually do anything with it.

Using mobile data with a VPN is fine. It's quick enough to watch youtube with. However, the other day I found out the hard way that there is a 200GB data cap, so I'm stuck to using the awfully expensive campus wifi. I paid for it at the start of the semester so I might as well use it. Using a VPN on this can be just too slow to use. Even if you use split tunnelling, your connection on programs which don't use the VPN just grinds to a stand still.

Hangzhou
know a brit was coming here and I never really helped him with touristy recommendation

It gets humid as fuck here. September wasn't fun at all.

Way far away from where I was then, how are you finding the people?

I have two servants working around me at the moment.

other students?
all top lads
Locals, pretty good. I've found that people in shops and restaurants off campus seem to actually care that you're at least attempting to speak your language. I've had a few reading lessons in restaurants when I couldn't quite read the full name of a dish.

On the other hand, there is a receptionist who seems to hate having to deal with foreigners, and the canteen staff start shouting at you and speaking even quicker if you don't understand them the first time.

>that you're at least attempting to speak their language.

I was at a uni for a few weeks and all the students there were pretty chill, I know what you mean about the receptionist types though
Canteen staff were pretty patient with me but then again I tended to just point at something and hope it tastes good

that's exactly what I do but if they ask me a question I have no clue
it's partially because it's always so bloody loud, and partially because they speak really quickly

what uni did you study at?

I was at Beijing Jiaotong
It wasn't really a study thing more of a cultural exchange with a partner uni of mine. The students took us around the city and tourist stuff although we did get some lessons in Chinese, politics, enterprise ect

>It gets humid as fuck here
From what I can tell, China has a range of climates similar to the USA's. Now do you understand adults wearing shorts in public?
>too humid
>wear shorts
>get devoured by mosquitoes

that's sort of what I did last year at Beijing International Studies University, but only focusing on language and culture
What did you think of Beijing as a city?

It was quite nice, I don't usually like big cities but something about it appealed to me
The air was pretty clean while I was there, only saw smog a couple of times

same as when I was there then
most days were reasonably fine, some days were super clear, and there was a few days where it was really, really bad

So younger people, such as students, over there speak English better?

>not that guy again
Why are some days worse than others?

Thinking of doing an exchange to China, but I've got Thailand, Brazil or the US on my list as well (uni exchange partners). Would you recommend China as a destination lads?

I'm not really sure. As far as I know, there are a variety of factors.
In the north, so Beijing, on cold days, the power stations burn extra coal which creates extra pollution, and dust from the deserts in the summer can make it quite bad.

I technically live in the south and I haven't really noticed much of a correlation between weather and pollution, but my coursemate who has been here for a year longer than me told me that the fact they're building two or three new subway lines at the moment (so lots of drilling) doesn't help.

Yes and no. I had to take my friend to the hospital on campus because I thought a bug bite on her arm had become infected, and the staff only spoke Chinese. We asked some students to help and two said they couldn't speak English but one guy did eventually help to get the doctor's message across. Don't expect to come here and get in a taxi at the airport and only speak English.

Honestly depends what you want out of an exchange really. If you want to force yourself to learn a language, China and make sure it's a smaller city.

I had a great time there so I would

Mandarin Chinese is still on my list of languages to learn, which is why I'm seriously considering it.

The point about being in a small city, very important actually - thanks for the tip.

Well honestly, any city but Shanghai will help you to learn Chinese.
From my experience in Beijing and Hangzhou so far, the only people that you'll find who speak English are out to scam you or are in tourists sites. I've had one person in Walmart greet me in English here in Hangzhou and that's been about it. You'll hear about how taxi drivers in Beijing all had to learn English for the Olympics, but I only met one taxi driver who actually knew English and that was on the way back to the airport.
In Shanghai on the other hand, apparently there are quite a few natives who speak English but I can't independently confirm that.

I met a girl from Shanghai who was on exchange at my university, she said that you can get around with English in the city and that there's quite a lot of Chinese English speakers there. So it sounds about right with what you're saying.