I have the opportunity to go teach at an English-language school in Uruguay

I have the opportunity to go teach at an English-language school in Uruguay.

If I accept the opportunity, what should I expect from living in a suburban Montevideo?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZVJo4ambtJw
youtube.com/watch?v=kRqWb33YG7Y
youtube.com/watch?v=qkvClLwexxM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Is this the landlocked guay or the weed-smoking guay
either way I wouldn't teach English in Latin America, the wages are shit. Go to Asia or be a tutor in the middle east once you have experience

I saw a lot of hot chicas in Uruguay. One made me almost fall off my bike. And one attractive women surprised me - she saw that I was lost and she crossed the street just to ask me what I was looking for.

working at Alianza?

I already taught in English in Japan and it was underwhelming. I didn't bother renewing my contract.

I have no interest in teaching in the Middle East.

The wage I am being offered is low for American standards, but 340,000 UYU (~12,000 USD) is about the standard income for Montevideo.

>I already taught in English in Japan and it was underwhelming

why

It's a nice boring rather safe country. Half of the people are pretty much like spaniards and italians, like 5% are black, and the rest are mestizos, think of the football player Suarez famous for his vampirism.

in latam the city proper tends to be nicer than the suburbs, with the exception of closed neighbourhoods, but those tend to have well off people

Uruguay is a rather old country in population, population is stagnant, is investment from wealthy Argentines and Brazilians drive much of the growth. It is one of the most atheistic countries on earth, even though they never had a commie dictatorship. Their atheism is of the French or Czech kind, not Anglo fedora militant atheism.

boredom

>Is this the landlocked guay or the weed-smoking guay
the second one

>suburban Montevideo
in that case, you're fucked, go to the coast if you can

>go to a tourist bait if you can
dijo _vivir_ en Uruguay, no visitar

Do you have any browner qts?

I wont move all the way to a spic country just to fuck a bunch of white girls

he can live in the coast, but it's more expensive, you must be well-paid to be there

anyways, if you have the opportunity of going to other country, do it, wages here are low

pain and suffering
don't do it
screencap this and don't tell i didn't warn you

test

DUDE

>suburban Montevideo

test

>suburban Montevideo
You better wear some chain mail under your regular clothes or risk to be stabbed for your phone.

care to elaborate what is "suburban Montevideo" for you?

where are you gonna stay?

this city changes from heaven to the wild west in less than 20 blocks, specially at night

Montevideo is a Mix between Buenos Aires and Santiago (in a bad way), but smaller and way more boring. Being "tropical" and depressive at the same time is a thing only Uruguay can manage.

>suburban Montevideo
You will get stabbed at some point, but won't be fatal, they don't put much effort into anything.
Also their cabs are funny, big plastic separations between the passager and the driver.

Lovely City, good beer and that's pretty much everything you need to know about Montevideo. Go to the coastal cities if you can.

anyway rofling so fucking hard at this kids that their capital cities are 10 times more dangerous than ours

C-calm D-own i dont want to get hurt, take my wallet!

>not fearmongering the amerimutt and his ignorance on everything
How anal can you be?

UNA VELA PA

>what should I expect from living in a suburban Montevideo?

youtube.com/watch?v=ZVJo4ambtJw

Memes, love and fun.

Montevideo is a tiny place with very localized crime

Santiago and Buenos Aires are huuuge places with crime all over the place, yet they're so big that the meme numbers will may it seem otherwise

at least our bad neighborhood are 10 blocks wide

meanwhile to the west...

youtube.com/watch?v=kRqWb33YG7Y

you just stay near the coast and you'll be much safer than anywhere else in the continent OP

Santiaguinos flaites avergonzando a Chile como siempre

Is there Simpsons graffiti in Montevideo?

te juro que no queria postearlo pero entré al hilo y vi a estos bobos

con complejo de superioridad y no me quedo mas remedio

ese documental lo posteo un compatriota tuyo unos dias atras en otro hilo btw

Nada mejor para poner a los argentinos en su lugar que postear un documental de Chile.

ok dale

youtube.com/watch?v=qkvClLwexxM

No hay problema, todos los días nos muestran a los de región lo mierda que es Santiago, no es nada nuevo.

Pero que logro, la grandeza argentina. A diferencia del Uruguayo que se contenta que tener miseria, el Argento, siempre de pecho ancho y orgulloso trata que su miseria sea la mas miserable, compara el titulo: los lugares mas horribles del mundo.

Compitiendo con los mas grandes en lo que sea. Uruguayo mediocre.

Que envidia me dan, pero gracias a los comlombianos tal vez la miseria chilena pueda compararse a la Argentina, una nacion que no contenta con ser mediocres importaron a los mejores y mas sucios boliguayos hasta conseguir estar entre los mas grandes.

de nada ;^)

Amen.