en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gert_Postel
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-psychiatry
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It is real

if its
>tfw no gf
its real

if its
>tfw active sex life, women actually value my existence, but I am a little bored, therefore depressed
its a meme

No

>if you're a boy
yes
>if you're a girl
no

is feeling like shit and almost cry in the bus when im coming home depression or im i just faking it?

Its real, and can only be diagnosed by a doctor don't believe the fags who say they're depressed without going to a doctor.

psychiatry and everything related to it is meme

see:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gert_Postel
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-psychiatry

It's real, but a lot of people milk it to get sympathy on social media.

i think i'm depressed because i wake up wishing i was dead and all i want is to die

but i dont think its an illness

i just don't want to do shit and stay in bed til i die

Are you the mexican who wants to drop out of hs?

>psychiatry and everything related to it is meme

You'll know how it feels when for a while you think you're not really depressed and it hits you that for months what you describe as how you normally feel makes someone look uncomfortable and suggest speaking to a professional. It is something which creeps up and completely takes over your sense of normality. Other people usually notice if before you notice it.
If you are the sort of person who also happens to undergo mood instability, you may go through intense periods, could be days, could be even months, where you basically feel hollow and the only times during that period where you feel anything is generally intensely negative. It can get to the stage where after feeling really fucking shit you just break down a cry to yourself and it feels as though a wall has broken and everything comes rushing out. It is usually moments like that when you start to realise just how abnormally low your mood was.
You can lose track of time entirely and go through periods which end up being like an emotional black hole. You have no energy, your sleep cycle gets all fucked up, you can't control your emotions and sometimes you can't muster yourself to feel anything at all.

>but i dont think its an illness
>i just don't want to do shit and stay in bed til i die
Yeah, I told myself that for years. Seek help, man. Before it ends up swallowing a decade or more of your life. It is unnervingly gradual and extremely hard to get out of once you become to used to feeling like that all the time. Requires extensive behavioural therapy just to get it into your head that it is alright to feel the positive sort of things normal people take for granted.
You probably try to justify it, tell yourself that you're worthless and don't deserve anything better. But you do. You really do. No one deserves this shit, man. There is no rhyme or reason to it, no matter how long and hard you've spent rationalising feeling like you're worthless just for being alive.

cringe, so fake

you realise doctors just read off the webm page and see symptoms

thats how my doctor "diagnosed" me

i mean i am definitely depressed but that's all she did lol

DEPRESSIUN ISNT REAL

the problem is asshats that did appropriated the term because they wanted to be le dark and edgy.

>I don’t say much and I only have three good friends, no one understands me, behhh I’m so depressed.

Ironically these are the actual people that should commit suicide, not the people actually suffering.

General practitioners don't diagnose mental illnesses. They are there as the first step for recommending you to a mental health professional.

it's completely made up
vitamin d deficiency and lack of physical exercise

100% accurate description. Biggest danger for me was how it sort of snuck up on me. One thing after another and I just one day woke up not knowing what day it was, what I was doing, I had lost so much weight, was smoking/drinking a ton. That’s what makes it dangerous I think, it’s not a mood like sadness, its a lifestyle.

Wish I had realised this when I was a teenager. Admittedly I am a tad bitter that my parents basically ignored my mental health the entire time and let me throw away my youth. They were divorced; one was against medicine and would get angry at the idea of taking flu medication and the other was a complete mental wreck with a history of eating disorders, depression, moods swings and attempted suicide.
The signs were all there, maybe they just didn't give a fuck and that not all parents are suited to having children.

It really is a lifestyle, though. You allow it to define yourself and being depressed becomes the same as breathing. It becomes so deeply ingrained that you develop traits and behavioural tendencies focused around basic survival in your own head that you more or less end of giving the real things in life there to set up some sort of independent future in favour of sustaining and illness as though it were a crutch needed for keeping the lifestyle alive.
Got to learn how to stay quiet for hours in order to pretend you aren't there if people are around. Got to learn to get about unnoticed. Got to learn to adapt to a shitty situation instead of leaving it and moving on. Got to learn to accept that what you are feeling is because it is rooted in your personal failure instead of accepting that your brain is just a little fucked and can be helped. Got to learn to hide your feelings because the last thing you need is for someone else to know how you feel, how you live.

Depression is such a dumb, irrational cunt of an illness. Such a fucking awful adaptation, no way I'm going to pass these genes along to some poor kid.

yes
>If you are the sort of person who also happens to undergo mood instability, you may go through intense periods, could be days, could be even months, where you basically feel hollow and the only times during that period where you feel anything is generally intensely negative.
ive been felling like that for 4 years

There is depression and there is (((depression)))

Seek help man. It could take over a decade to really get it out of your system and it may never truly be something you can overcome. Realistically speaking, though, it can only ever get worse if untreated. It can't be handled simply via "self-medicating" or "self-counselling", because we are too fucking smart and are able to rationalise and trick ourselves into accepting the most stupid, asinine conditions which people without depression or mood imbalances wouldn't touch with a ten foot pole.

>>tfw no gf
That's not depression

>my dreams have all crashed and I'm likely going to work a minimum wage job for the rest of my life just like my parents did, what's even the point
That might be coming close.

I pray God every day to strike me with deadly thunder

Depression is a spook

It's real but people pretend it's a meme to make it easier to deal with.

I have anxiety and sometimes I pretend it's just a joke and that all my symptoms are just me pretending to be a retard and it works.