Non-americans, what are things americans do that completely baffle you?

Non-americans, what are things americans do that completely baffle you?
I learned today that every single thing I know/do/buy/eat is foreign in every single other country in the world (canadians are just americans).

gib sum examples plox

Imperial system, the government's sole purpose being to fuck you over in way imaginable (who knew some countries actually care about you?), >toilet paper, but it's mostly things we eat.
"Salad dressing" literally does not exist. In every other country they just put olive oil on salads. I'm sure there are other things besides internet being $100+ a month no matter how fast it is.

Abandoning your elders in nurse homes

>the government's sole purpose being to fuck you over in way imaginable (who knew some countries actually care about you?)

hey maan don't ask what can the state do for you, ask what you can do for the state! yeehaw! *loads gun* *pays taxes*

the state*
*actually just AT&T, Verizon, Time Warner, Comcast, and Charter

small talk with strangers, greeting and making eye contact with people for no reason

I've heard smiling doesn't happen in other places. Is that true?

stupid americans think their country is the world, it's big enough for them and they just don't care about the rest

smart americans are aware of the rest of the world, and they hate it. it annoys them. that's why you use the imperial system. it's a big "fuck you" to the world. also you inherited it from the british, who used it for the same reason, as a provocation to their competitors france and germany.

I never understood why you always smile to random people

That first sentence is the exact attitude of so many people I know (even my father). It's depressing.
I'd already be outta here if I had money.

Do europeans don't do the same?

>what are things americans do that completely baffle you?

Mutilating their children's genitals

>he actually puts up with his abuelita's senility and smelly diapers
I pity you and your weird culture

smiling to strangers is creepy

No no, goyim, that's for the good of the corporations. They need to have the best possible bottom line for the investors.

>he doesnt give a shit about family
What else to expect from a western cuck

No, scandinavians are loner societies, they keep for themselves

I don't really like to take sides in shit usually, but you literally do not choose your family; and they don't choose you. You don't owe anyone anything especially not them.
Plenty of people have awful families or families that don't care for them at all.

Fake smiles, circumcision, hating vegetables, drinking without snacks, carrying guns, calling knowledge useless, hating old people and building camps for them.

> Fake smiles
I only smile when it's genuine at least
> Circumcision
Depends on who your family is here
> Hating vegetables
I think this is a meme tbhlad
> Carrying guns
Lots of places do when allowed
> Calling knowledge useless
Also a meme lad, when you give fucking retards access to the internet, you start thinking retards make up everybody because they spout more retardation
> Hating old people and building camps for them
I never understood retirement homes either desu

>not taking shoes off inside the house

Is that really a thing that exists? I only wear shoes inside if I just came home (and then take them off) or if it's cold.

I don't understand this either, but shoes are comfy and taking them off is for pussies

If the carpet gets dirty just buy a new one commie

You people disgust me

Never did that anywhere except in Asian homes.

Enjoy the sanctions faggot

I still can't believe they do this.

PEOPLE DON'T REALLY DO THIS THAT MUCH

Doesn't matter if the floor is dirty if the shoes never come off ;DDDDDDDDDDD someone told me it has something to do with minutemen but i think that's probably bullshit and we're just lazy cunts

I go in and out a lot. I ain't taking and putting my shoes on everytime I walk through the door.
Also vacuums exist.

>we're just lazy cunts
I bet all of you who does this can't reach your shoe laces and has never heard of shoehorns

I still can't believe we have fucking TOILET PAPER.

>WHEN YOUR APARTMENT MATES WON'T TAKE OFF THEIR SHOES

Don't be mad, I just answered OP.

the best american is one who realizes our faults yet stays in the US, because it's still the best country with the best opportunities.

>APARTMENT MATES
get your own place

Laziness is a disease.

>hur dur vacuums
Fucking disgusting idiot. You probably smell

I know you're just baiting. I won't get upset.

no I typically take mine off, but right now I'm wearing nice wool slip ons and I'm keeping them shits on because they're so comfy. perfect for warming my feet during a night of shitposting and gaming.

only commie homos have shoelaces reAl men use velcro and shoehorns are for faggots just wear them like this

get annoyed at mutt-posting, wtf america?

what's there to be upset about? that you live in a great country where you can be very successful? does that upset you or something?

This is funny to me.

>best opportunities.
Opportunities don't have boarders.

Well it used to be different. Back in the old days when people died younger family was much more involved with their elderly relatives.

As medical science has advanced and people’s old age and obsolescence stretches longer and longer, people realized that they couldn’t wa So they should just hire someone qualified to take proper care of them.it to start a family of their own in their 40s or 50s.

Well where else do you wanna live? Europe? Aren't natural citizens there having a hard enough time finding a job as it is?

Only deluded ""white"" CHIcanos on Sup Forums get butthurt at this, remember nobody on Sup Forums is white

>Europe? Aren't natural citizens there having a hard enough time finding a job as it is?
Not really, it's just an opinion of those who aren't trying hard enough.
If you have trouble finding work you're either not educated enough or aren't willing to move from town

I'm just saying you can't claim to have the best opportunities when the best opportunity could come from anywhere. I large part also depends on what you really want to. Some want more than a decent job and some money. It all really depends on the individual. Granted, a lot of people will find their best opportunity to be in the US.

considering your guns laws to be divine even though a blind person can see there are some very serious issues

holocaust denial

If you're not educated, Jamal and Youssoufa will do the jobs you could do, for basically nothing.
If you're educated, companies will not want to give you a job and you'll be stuck in internships to "build up experience" forever, until you hit 30 and now companies look at your CV and ask why you never had a proper job.
Or you could do what a ton of people do, which is being too educated: you get yourself a bachelor or two, a master, maybe a language diploma. And now noone wants to hire you, because they think you'll be a pain in the ass.

Best case scenario, you go down the golden road: prestigious university, degree in law, political science, commerce, whatever. You're now stuck in an endless loop of startups not really starting up, or best case scenario you're now stuck serving coffee to your boss or at the ministry after 8 years of study. If you get hired. Have fun ! Or you try to to live abroad, America or London, in which case you'll live in a cramped apartment with other dead inside expats.

If you want a scientific career, enjoy ending up sysadmin or lab help at best. Or you could go for medecine, which really is the only thing that still makes bank nowadays.

t.double bachelor, working on a master and hearing horror stories from friends and family

Yeah I hear in france the unemployment rate is so bad that they give out unemployment money for everyone just so they can participate in the economy.

Also I heard that the most educated people there make around like 20 grand a year after taxes. That's fucking nuts.

Sometime when I could go to America we would enter the stores. Now food stores in America are a lot like Canadian ones, but in America THERE IS LITERALLY AN AISLE WITH JUST CEREAL IN EVERY STORE. Both sides of the aisle are cramped with cereal, and most of it is 30% sugar in weight.

I know, no in Canada does this

>THERE IS LITERALLY AN AISLE WITH JUST CEREAL IN EVERY STORE

it's crazy how different we are culturally. it's like we might as well not even be on the same continent we are so different...

Is this our future if we get (((developed)))?

I'm getting bachelor degree.

You know, I don't think very many people eat cereal anymore. That might just be a holdover from the 80s and 90s.

I'm literally about to eat cereal for dinner. Ask me how my life is going.

Canadians eat cereal but we dont have THAT much.

>trekking all that dirt from the outside into the house

That's because Big Cereal really holds the keys to the kingdom in the USA.

No idea how your standars work down there in france but I can point out that the norwegian system is working well if you personally don't completely fuck up by the age of 25, and even then you have state assisted education that'll help you out on education and such.
>If you're not educated, Jamal and Youssoufa will do the jobs you could do, for basically nothing.
Yea, no sometimes... but language barrier and lack of work morale and ethics are kind of a big roadblock to lots of these low educated monkeys.
If you're educated, companies will not want to give you a job and you'll be stuck in internships to "build up experience" forever
If you chose correctly when you're 16 on what you educate to you'll be out in work by 18 and internship for two years so 22-24 years old for a diploma, uni stuff all depends on what you study.
and to top the cake, most internships are part state funded
>Or you could do what a ton of people do, which is being too educated
yeah, their loss
>Best case scenario, you go down the golden road: prestigious university, degree in law, political science, commerce, whatever...... cont
yeah, have fun
>scientific career
not my kind of thing but yeah, long education for those minds
and as I was saying, it's just an opinion of those who aren't trying hard enough. :^)

Nursing homes often provide ongoing medical care that family members aren't qualified to do. Do you just let your old people die from lack of care?

circumcision and imperial units

Patriotism

Unemployment rate is 10%, but 22% of people under 24. There isn't unemployment for everyone, but there are tons of possible help to get for pretty much anything (rent, food, school furnitures), partly as you said so that people have enough to stimulate the economy with non-essential spending.

After taxes, yeah 20K sounds about right for maybe not the most educated, but for your average mid-career office wageslave with a bachelor. University is more or less free so a lot of people have a degree, it's not worth anything. Keep in mind, though, by paying that much taxes there are a lot spending that would seem essential in the US that are taken care of by the state here. Of course it hurts to pay so much when you don't really use those helps/services though. Especially when the richest have loopholes to get out of paying taxes, the poor don't really pay much, so a lot of the burden end up on the shrinking middle class.

Well, hopefully your country will manage to avoid that trap. Good luck, I got a bachelor in History and Law and am now working towards a master in Law.

>circumcision
Weird anti-masturbation fanatics in the late 19th/early 20th centuries who convinced the medical community it was more sanitary. Once you start that kind of trend, it's hard to reverse it. Never underestimate the need for a man's son's dick to look like his own. Fahrenheit is a better scale to describe temperature as it relates to human comfort.
>imperial units
lol why not?
It's not like we don't also use metric.

Brazilians are nationalistic as fuck in mainstream internet

>father is uncircumcised
>I am
:thinking:

Brazilian is patriotic only on internet, because in real life everyone hates this country and want by all available means leave this shithole

I can never understand why American families prefer to live in soulless suburbia.

Yea, I can see that they will never want to see some Negro gangsters around them but, in many countries, people like that are kept in ghetto. I just can't see how virtually all American urban areas are infested with those Negros and why people did nothing to keep them to some ghetto.

Oh, and probably another American thing that baffles me the most is Negros. Some African Caribbean immigrants and the 2nd gens I've met in the US have been fine. Also, the blacks I've met in other countries including Africa itself have been decent (mb possible exception of French blacks I saw in Paris) but virtually all American blacks I've met are almost European Muslim tier garbage. Before I left Korea, I've never had anything against American black but now I hate them with passion. (I kinda feel sorry for actually decent American blacks. There certainly are a few but the ratio of fine people and pure nigs are just abysmal to the point that I become automatically cautious if I see there are more than certain number of them)

>Unemployment rate is 10%, but 22% of people under 24. There isn't unemployment for everyone, but there are tons of possible help to get for pretty much anything (rent, food, school furnitures), partly as you said so that people have enough to stimulate the economy with non-essential spending.
lucky ducks

This fuck family

Some people do some people don't

>suburbia
We want a rural lifestyle with urban amenities, so we want to live right outside of a city in the country. The problem is that the other white people want this too, and we end up settling for suburbs.
I tried living in an apartment building once. That didn't go well.

>poor people live in fucking big houses and rich people live in tiny ass condos in downtown

Here it is the literal opposite. Most poorfags live in commieblocks and rich people live in american style houses in the outskirts of cities

I've got a bachelor and speak 4 languages, I still haven't found a proper job in 6 months.
I could probably find one in the UK or Germany, I'll have to move abroad to find a job like some filthy thirdworlder, that's how bad it is.

Having someone come up to me and give me today's deals or offers.

I used to feel this way until I was in that position and I realized I couldn't take care of them properly.

I feel guilty, but he needs attention around the clock.

we sometimes use salad dressing here, though the most common is olive oil, salt and vinegar

We use US Customary, not Imperial. There's a difference. In any case it's about money and many business have switched over - we just like to troll the world and act like we don't know what a metre is.

To be fair that's in every western 1st world country. No one really cares because everyone is busy with something

the way of their speaking English like they are eating. fuck their R sound

Believe me, we know they're savages. I had to constantly yell at my roommate for dragging dirt into the apartment.

No one I know has any idea how long a centimeter is.

Plenty of Americans take off their shoes when entering a house.

>Canadians are just Americans

No. Fuck that. You're drinking age is absurdly high and garbage-chewing motors in sinks are fucking dumb.

It's 1mm over a 9mm bullet.

>the government's sole purpose being to fuck you over in way imaginable

you are like little baby

watch this

>internet being $100+ a month
really ?

I think that comes bundled with T.V and phone services

I do, but I don't live in a prairie shithole that's covered in snow half the year.

damn, i don't wanna brag, but i pay 12€/ month for 100/10mb internet, and 4€/ month for unlimited calls and 2 gb data, tv shows are shit, movies are free on internet.

Are those services subsidized by the government France?

And I honestly haven't paid for anything but a phone in years. I fixed by upstairs neighbors plumbing 6 years ago and she lets me use her internet for free

Cell bills are obscenely expensive in the US too.

I pay $35 bucks a month for unlimited data, texting and calling