Why is Croatia even a thing? What's their history? Why'd they join the Nazis?

Why is Croatia even a thing? What's their history? Why'd they join the Nazis?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9-mYg5VDzQ
m.youtube.com/watch?v=nq_J2C6Hrz0
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bulgarian_Orthodox_Church#Ottoman_rule
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Why is Canada even a thing? What's their history? Why aren't they part of the USA?

>Why'd they join the Nazis?
Basically went like this

>Hitler doesn't like Yugoslavia
>hey Croatia you know how you don't like Serbs terribly much?
>"yeah"
>cool, kill them
>"okay!!"

>What's their history?
No offence, but every country in Balkans has a longer-going history than Canada

Whoops, meant to respond to this subhuman wewuzer

He asked what their history is, not how long they've had it.

But why though? All the countries were part of different empires at different times, how did their cultures develop independently?

Length of history < components of history

slavs came there, settled and replaced the inhabitants. The formed duchies and kingdoms but in the end got subjugated by the hungarians.
when the hungarian opression ended, they formed part of the kingdom of the yugoslavs (where the serbs were majority and tried to force their culture on the bosniaks, croats, etc) so when the nazis attacked, some croats helped them in return of an independent croat state

>Why is Croatia even a thing?
Because old Croats came here from what is today Poland to these lands and formed a state of their own.
>What's their history?
A long struggle for survival and autonomy amongs various regional powers like Franks, Venetians, Hungarians, Habsburgs, Bulgarians, Ottomans, etc.
>Why'd they join the Nazis?
We didn't, as a whole, only some Croats did. Those Croats were motivated by a desire for an independent Croatia and hatred for Serbs who they considered to be the biggest obstacle to Croatian independence.

Fuck you canada
round 2 when?

>Hitler doesn't like Yugoslavia
Hitler was allied to them. It's just that the British forced a coup in Yugoslavia against the government and replaced it with an anti-German one.

fucking cockblocking Canada

K. of Yugoslavia only agreed to remain neutral, afaik, and rejected giving military support to the Axis.

And the coup came from the Serbs themselves, not the Brits.

The danube and all.the same rivers give life to them all, why is there such animosity in the balkans? What is there to gain?

We must exterminate the subhuman muslims and then we'll have peace.

>and then we'll have peace.
you're delusional, there's not going to be anything good going on in the balkans in our lifetime, maybe in the future you'll be up to our level but for the near future you're all shit regardless of whether any one country breaks up or doesn't

Italianized/Germanified Serbs

Yeah but the Germans like to pretend they are friends of Europe.

It's OK, you can pity them too.

Because they're uncivilized

No, we must kill all muslims. Everything else is irrelevant.

and then what? you'll still fight each other over random shit. you monkeydonians will still pretend you have anything to do with actual macedonians, serbs will still sperg out and claim all of the balkans are actually theirs, and whatever else other of your shitholes countries are delusional about

Hello rebbit

Things are changing.

hahaha into what, more corruption? more of your young people moving to the civilized part of europe? you're all going downhill because of how incompetent your leaders are and how none of the people gives a shit except hating the neighbour

>being this hostile for no reason
did a croat fuck your sister?

>exterminating over a third of your population
a true /ex-yu/. god speed

hostile how? are you offended because you are from one of the cunts?

You're now jumping from one thing to another. Things are changing in regard to your post here

tell me what is changing then, that you guys are starting to focus on yourselves instead of shitting on the neighbours?

Do not ever insult the former Yugoslavia again you fermented fish eating, guttural speaking degenerate.

you have to go back, slavshit

Well, specifically for us we're taking the steps to solve our problem with Greece and move past the wewuzery. That will probably include a change of our name and revision of history books but this time in consultation with others and what's widely accepted in the history field.

I'm from NZ you mong

So insecure

so you'll become what exactly? will you change the name for what "people" the "macedonians" are as well?
either way, that sounds like a longterm thing like I said before with it being something that will really only change after our deaths. just because you change some name shit and take down some "monuments" people will still hold onto the old stupid shit regardless of that

And they legitimately find pride in this. I'd understand if it was against bosniaks or albos but it's against people with whom they have historically, shared very close borders and (some)culture and language. I've heard it sounds from croats on this board a million times to justify their decisions, but it's an objectively disgusting thing.

>Bosnia
Whatever you say, slavshit

Shouldn't you be importing more somalis already ?

you're half palestinian?

>the bosnia picture
>those 3 passports
>hong kong identity card
what the fuck are you?

kiwi, can't you read ?

sure

>move past the wewuzery. That will probably include a change of our name and revision of history books
Just be the Macedonian-Bulgarians hybrids that you are, don't abandon your name and ancient heritage.

>NZ, Australia, HK, Lithuania
What the fuck?

Pick one, m8.

what's with the picture of bosnia then?

wouldn't it be easier to just form one big bulgaria (and then conquer the balkans)

All of this wewuzzeryvis unhealthy and fruitless.

>so you'll become what exactly? will you change the name for what "people" the "macedonians" are as well?
I am not sure. That is probably going to be resolved in the negotiations and depending on how stubborn the Greeks will be on us keeping any relation to the "Macedonia" term regarding both the name of the country, the people and the language.
> just because you change some name shit and take down some "monuments" people will still hold onto the old stupid shit regardless of that
Most (sane) people know what the previous government has done was ridiculous and stupid. We haven't fallen from Mars and started living here yesterday. However, when you are ruled by a literal mafia it's not so easy to go against it.

YA ALI YA ALI YAA AH-LEEEEEEE

>Most (sane) people know what the previous government has done was ridiculous and stupid.
what do you mean?
>We haven't fallen from Mars and started living here yesterday.
of course, but if the people don't think of themselves as "macedonians" then what do they think?

>Ireland, Poland
Really? You could get some more passports I believe.

Im a kiwi, fuck sake

I just like ex-yu, especially bosnia. A lot.

Meaningless pic.

How long did your parents live in Hong Kong for?

Not from great grandparents, in fact I can only live here under EU rights (girlfriend), since my grandfather didnt retain his British passport.

All the balkans are the same people there always was there.

>I just like ex-yu, especially bosnia. A lot.
how come? you go there?

Putting four flags on a heritage-thread pic makes no sense. Just put the NZ flag then.

>loves ex-yu
>loves bosnia
>not a slavshit
Pick one, you piece of shit

Since like 1986

All the balkans are the same people there always was there.hh
All balkans are same people and look same

>what do you mean?
I am talking about the actions of the previous government which made wewuzery an official state policy. Sane people know it's complete bullshit. The problem in such an environment is that if you show any opposition you're either ruined economically at the least, or outright violently suppressed or killed.

>but if the people don't think of themselves as "macedonians" then what do they think?
The people DO think of themselves as Macedonians, we've always (relative term here) done that. However any sane person knows this has nothing to do with Ancient Macedonians of 2000 years ago. That's of course ridiculous.

Yes
I didnt live in NZ. But that was my only passport when I was born in HK. I grew up in Australia and LT.

Go suck somali dick, your country is a fucking ludicrous social experiment, how are you not embarrassed ?

I mean I make fun of Denmark but at least they are normal.

Because Catholic Serbs didn't want to be in the same state as Orthodox Serbs or Muslim Serbs

It wasn't a religious thing.

HOSNI MUBARAK

MUBARAK HOSNEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

You are all the same though.

Tito
m.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9-mYg5VDzQ

Well, you also hate other ethnicities

Nope.

>It wasn't a religious thing.
if that's the case why does your hatred for each other always come out into a religious thing?

>centuries of attempts of stealing our land
>plan to ethnically cleanse Croats
>build concentration camps
>waaaah, they threw some of us into holes

Yes
m.youtube.com/watch?v=nq_J2C6Hrz0

Is this what they teach you at school to justify your war crimes?

You are all the same people, you couldnt tell apart serb or croat.

The religion was just an amplifier of what was an ethno-political conflict.

Are these all same people?
No, they are each "serb" "croat" etc..

How many lives does tito have?

or, rather, it's because you can't tell the difference if it isn't because of the religion

>you couldnt tell apart
There's a very large amount of different peoples that all look similar. There are people who can pass as native in every European country.

They don't teach you anything in school, it seems.

And I can't tell the difference between Danes, Swedes and Norwegians.

Nationality on the Balkans is almost inextricably linked with religion, at least in the territories that were occupied by the Turks. During those times it was only through the church that people kept their history and identity because that was the only official institution allowed to exist.

We are speaking of balkans, aerbs croat same people

Better than being taught lies to justify your own ethnic cleansing

once they open their mouth you can, but your guys' languages are much more similar to each other

>During those times it was only through the church that people kept their history and identity
that kind of sucks honestly, maybe it's because of that that people care so much about religion. it's sort of understandable for the slav countries because not much is known about "them" but then you look at the greeks and I can't help but shake my head, I mean they know what they once were, they know a lot, yet are still dominantly christian. maybe some day in the future things will change

They're not lies and there were Italians fighting with the Partisans. I know what arrogant, self-righteous and naive mentality you people have, so it's probably pointless to even argue on the topic.

You repeating that won't make it true.

If you're interested you can read about it here for example:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bulgarian_Orthodox_Church#Ottoman_rule

It's not that long.

>They're not lies and there were Italians fighting with the Partisans
Yes, and it's disgusting that they would massacre their own people because their communist leaders told them so
>I know what arrogant, self-righteous and naive mentality you people have, so it's probably pointless to even argue on the topic.
Says the guy that argues that the ethnic cleansing of Italian Dalmatians and Istriots was justified

>once they open their mouth you can
No, I can't. I don't hear the difference.

And our languages have different dialects and accents. We can tell ourselves apart. Also, there's more factors than just language, a sense of identity is the most important thing.

Brainwash.

>Bulgarian
macedonia-kun I...
but yeah I probably will, this stuff is interesting

>And our languages have different dialects and accents
and I know that even that wasn't enough to tell the difference during the war in a lot of cases

>Italians were going to exterminate us in 1945 after the war was ended, that's why we had to kill them!
The delusion is real

Doesn't matter. In more than 1300 years of our history, we had a common state for only some 70 years. The fact that is important is that our plan of a German/Italian-style unification failed twice.

>The fact that is important is that our plan of a German/Italian-style unification failed twice.
not sure if it's because I'm tired but I don't understand

venetian babies. Croatia aka croazia aka dalmazia.

>croazia aka dalmazia
That's not how it works

He's american, just speak in memes

Croatia is alright