I thought that Prussia still existed until I was 16

I thought that Prussia still existed until I was 16.
>american education

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rats_of_Shah_Dola
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Elders here still call Russia Soviet Union

It did when I was 16. Stop being underage.

I don't even know what Prussia is lmao

is that like b-tec Russia

Preußen will always exist in my heart

The soldiers who wore the Pickelhaube were usually Prussian

the fuck is a Pickelhaube

I never knew about Prussia until I was 16

>American education

It took me a very long time not to mix Sweden and Switzerland up

>wtf is a picklehoober?

thae one-horn-german helmet

When I was a kid, I was told that "Norway lies in Europe.
So as the bright child i was, I tought that Europe was a narrow land mass that encircled everything from Spain to Norway.

can you just post a picture or something because you've lost me fucking completely

sure, pic related was a chancellor of germany, of prussian background

is prussia old germany?
or are they russians before russia came about?

the territories of prussia changed through history, but generally it was composed of baltic lands (northwestern poland, kaliningrad, east germany)

u taking the piss m8?

history class was literally always world war 2, world war 1, and the fucking TUDORS and KINGS AND QUEENS LIKE FOR THE REST OF THE FUCKING TIME

the world wars are only taught at the final years of highschool when the kings and queens and bullshit was taught from like since 4 years old till like 13

>tudors
It's the same in Burgerenland as well actually, but with Pearl Harbor tacked on.
I vaguely remember back when I had to make a poster on Henry's wives in my grade 10.

grim

i thought casius clay and muhammad ali were 2 different people

I thought casius clay was a comic hero.

Oh shit, I thought this too.

See how much money they spend on blacks

A white badass hero to be exact.

I couldn't think a manlier anglo name.

Lutheran Germany

what the fuck is a Lutheran

>only knowing about history from school
Despicable.

You’re a fucking Inbred Pak, I’m sure of it now

>read wiki on this

>"A possible reason for large occurrence of microcephaly in Pakistan is the fact that 60 percent of Pakistani marriages are made between first cousins."

>Pakistan

im not a dumb paki

ive unironically beaten up fucking pakis for even looking at me

test

you're a big guy

From the Middle Ages until 1918 you had a bunch of German states. These states were mostly part of the Holy Roman Empire until 1806, then they were part of the German Confederation set up to replace the Holy Roman Empire until the Austro-Prussian War of 1866. Finally they were part of the German Empire from its formation in 1871 to the end of WW1 where they became republican states of Germany devoid of culture and history. Prussia itself was one of these republican states until the end of WW2 when the allies got rid of it since it was a symbol of German militarism. The contemporary states of Germany are more or less the remnants of these historic German states.

Do you know why they gave it(or at least some of it)to Poland? Bonus question: Why is its name was so similar to Russia?

do you literally know nothing about history at all?

They're a kind of warlike german who were genocided after ww2 by the allies

>Do you know why they gave it(or at least some of it)to Poland?
there were poles in there plus it served as buffer state between germany and russia
>Why is its name was so similar to Russia?
Coincidence? In german prussia is Preussen, the anglification of the name would be prussia
the same happens in spanish (Rusia, Prusia)

Because it was majority Polish.
>Why is its name was so similar to Russia
-ia is a Latin suffix that we give to a lot of places

Desu, this kinda happened to me too, cause I always heard it mentioned but I couldn't find it on a map

My dad still calls the Balkans Yugoslavia lol

Prussia still exists lads.

It just lost a P

I think the king of Prussia used to be both a Vassal of the Polish king and an elector of the HRE iirc.
I think they gave part of it to Poland simply because of Germans being genocidals monsters in ww2, as compensation to Poland (although russians also took Polish lands) and because most germans had escaped from the advancing red army.

iirc it means something like the land before Russia or next to Russia.

Same but for Czechoslovakia and Yugoslavia

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rats_of_Shah_Dola
Oh fuck.

I am sure many people here think Czech Republic is the abbreviation of Czechoslovakia

Prussia was to Germany what England is to the UK basically.

yes, they do

Some people still call it Bohemia and Moravia here.

that's some real autism

ummm try again sweetie