How do you feel about your country's diaspora moving back to your country? Have you met any of them?

How do you feel about your country's diaspora moving back to your country? Have you met any of them?

Italian americans are a bunch of retarded fags. Italian canadians are ok. Same for Italian brazilians and italoargentines

Never met, but I'm cool with it

I hate Chicanos

Chcianos are probably the most dispossessed group in the new world

i want to move back to my ethnic homeland because america is degenerate. but its full, has its culture ruined by slavification under gommunist rule. and most our culture from iran has moved here to California

diaspora don't really see britain as a homeland in quite that same way. as italian americans call themselves italian-american/australian/whatever

they're australian or south african or canadian or american. If they're from Australian, South African, NZ I think the competition in sports helps them feel as though they're a separate country - you wouldn't catch an australian supporting england in cricket or rugby, as you might find a chicano supporting mexico at football. for united statians they severed ties to the british isles in their declaration of independence. for canadians they may try to muh heritage-fag but generally they are too americanised to be anything like brits.

Moving to Italy next year, how are argentines in italy? are they good or bad hombres?

io sono imparando la lingua

why don't you go to a better EU country

That's because white people see America as an extension of Europe whereas brown people like Italians know they don't belong

Italians hate us so much :(

Já viu o índice de desemprego da itália?
É melhor ficar na argentina mesmo.

You mean french americans ? Never met one

t. mutt.

its becasue you forefathers sold off their anglo-heritage to create a hodgepodge nation.

"Nor have We been wanting in attentions to our British brethren. We have warned them from time to time of attempts by their legislature to extend an unwarrantable jurisdiction over us. We have reminded them of the circumstances of our emigration and settlement here. We have appealed to their native justice and magnanimity, and we have conjured them by the ties of our common kindred to disavow these usurpations, which would inevitably interrupt our connections and correspondence. They too have been deaf to the voice of justice and of consanguinity. We must, therefore, acquiesce in the necessity, which denounces our Separation, and hold them, as we hold the rest of mankind, Enemies in War, in Peace Friends."

and so you went from an anglo country to some sort of weird german-italian-black-armenian-chinese blender

But i like italy and his culture

Chicanos:
Refuse to speak Spanish
Complains that the dusty town they chose to live in is not like Santa Monica
Are disrespectful to people
Drive like crazy
Look down on people
Insult black tourists and Afromexicans (they call them 'mayates')
Etc, etc

>his country unironically has a diaspora

Sorry, I'm not third world.

And I wouldn't have it any other way.

WE WUZ WHITE N SHIEEEEEEEEEEET

Weird, Italo Argies like me migrate to other countries like Spain or the UK
In my case France, I will probably move to either Italy or Spain in my later years to raise a family though, I don't want children in a country that's projected to be 20% muslim

Yeah, but these aren't pure Swedes. Most, if not all of them, have mixed with Italians, Spaniards, Indians, the Portuguese, Germans, Poles and so forth. They are just as Swedish as those Americans who call themselves Irish when they're in fact only 1/32 Irish.

i was on the bus and a gangster mexican bullied some old people to buy beer and then threatened to fight with the old guy when he wanted to return it

do Fenno-Swedes never go to Sweden?

I like the Liberians I've met

they are the main diaspora we have

an american with danish immigrant parents went to my school and she wouldn't shut up about america. she has lived most of her life here in denmark yet pretend to have an accent

Well, Fenno-Swedes were Finns who didn't convert to Finnish when Finland was a part of the Russian Empire, and when the Finnish national identity arose. Prior to the Treaty of Fredrikshamn, nearly all Finns, if I recall correctly, had Swedish names, instead of Finnish ones.

Fenno-Swedish differs alot from mainland Swedish culture and Finnish culture, they are kind of like their own ethnic group.

Regardless, we do have minor diaspora groups in mostly Norway and to a lesser extent Thailand and Spain, but these are mostly first generation immigrants and not like fourth generation Italian Americans.

This. I don't know if I should identify as Chicano or Mexican American or what. I just say I'm an American of Mexican descent, but even that sounds weird since its a nationality.

I guess I'm more of a rural Chicano (if that means anything) because when I went to Los Angeles for the first time, these Chicanos were way different. They were just how you described too. Even looked different if that is even possible.

Hmm OK

What do you think of Minnesotans? That's where most of the Swedish Americans are.

Ironically the area where New Sweden used to be has almost no people of Swedish descent

Chicanos from California, Chicanos from Texas, Mexican immigrants, and Mexicans in Mexico are different to each other

Returnees from the colonies that came back after the revolution/end of the colonial war not only exploited continental portuguese lives that were lost in the colonies fighting the russian-american-backed militias to safeguard their lavish lifestyles, they then came back and got rich by smuggling drugs and creating a heroin epidemic that has left the country with repercussions to this day. Further, they demanded entry in the public sector making it bloated and unsustainable. To add insult to injury, they are mostly right-wing and complain that the state has too much control and hires too many people, demanding public sector layoffs. They also slithered they way into the country's cultural scene, turning it into a pretentious shitfest void of any national identity, focusing itself on contracting/ripping off foreigners or glorifying african culture.

They then claim that we should fight to get back control of our former colonies, all the while cutting backroom deals with governments of the former colonies in order to undermine the portuguese government.

They were so successful in their infiltration of every facet of portuguese life that they completely erased any mention of their existence, only ever bringing it up when an interviewer asks a random celebrity if they were ever discriminated against for being returnees (the answer always being yes). It's a diaspora that most people of my generation don't even know exists.

Most portuguese posters you'll find on Sup Forums are descendants of returnees.

>Well, Fenno-Swedes were Finns who didn't convert to Finnish when Finland was a part of the Russian Empire, and when the Finnish national identity arose. Prior to the Treaty of Fredrikshamn, nearly all Finns, if I recall correctly, had Swedish names, instead of Finnish ones.

29 March 1809 best day of my life.

t. Alberto Barbosa

Can you explain how? I thought Mexican culture was just Mexican culture.

Well, I'm curious, do Minnesotans consider themselves Swedish, Norwegian, German etc? I know some Minnesotans have learned their grandparent's native tongue and so forth, but do they feel more Swedish than American, or do they feel like their equally Swedish and American? I mean, it's kind of hard to remain a full Swedish bloodline considering it's been 150 years since most Swedes left Sweden for America. At this point, most people who are descended from Swedish settlers probably have mixed with other ethnicities in Minnesota, such as Norwegians, Germans, Poles, and so forth.

And New Sweden was mostly concentrated around modern metropoles, such as NYC or Philadelphia, so it's kind obvious that some other immigration to these areas have 'blended out' the ethnical Swedish population.

I remember my parents moved back to Croatia for a few years when I was 11 and took me with them. Everything was ok and I was just another kid but when I made a solid group of friends and told them I was a Burger casually one day they didn't care but the other kids looked at me differently from that point on.
Idk what is up with Balkan countries and their attitude towards diaspora, its usually Bosnians and Serbs though