ITT we celebrate 700 years of anglo-portuguese alliance

ITT we celebrate 700 years of anglo-portuguese alliance

Curse you both

I'm jealous of your 700 year relationship, Britain!

Is that the longest alliance in the west? Nice.

england fucked portugal once for something in africa

Your mum

In a 700 year old relationship someone is bound to get fucked now and again.

England fucked Portugal multiple times. This is not a friendship, its more of an alliance with an asshole because there is a bigger asshole who wants to destroy you right next to you.

t. country which has no real friends

my mom is portuguese and my dad is from new england I guess I am what your alliance looks like

Pretty sure it was in India iirc

this is the true special relationship, not the opportunistic shit we have with amerimutts

It worked well until the british went full retarded as per usual.
>When Portugal acquiesced to British demands, it was considered as a breach of the Treaty of Windsor (1386) and seen as a national humiliation by republicans in Portugal, who denounced the government and the King as responsible for it. The government fell, and António de Serpa Pimentel was appointed prime minister. The British Ultimatum inspired the original lyrics of the Portuguese National Anthem, "A Portuguesa". It was considered by Portuguese historians and politicians at that time to be the most outrageous and infamous action of the UK against its oldest ally. The reason that Lord Salisbury and his diplomatically isolated British government used tactics that could have led to war has been plausibly argued as the result of fear of Portuguese occupation of Manicaland and the Shire Highlands, which would have forestalled British interests.
>In an attempt to reach an agreement over Portuguese African borders, the Treaty of London defining the territorial limits of Angola and Mozambique, was signed on 20 August 1890 by Portugal and the United Kingdom. The treaty was published in the Diário do Governo (Portugal's Government Diary) on 30 August and presented to the parliament that same day, leading to a new wave of protests and the downfall of the Portuguese government.

Honestly a disgusting and dishonorable act.

our national anthem literally is a call to the arms against the british

Here we are thaught in school that england cucked moortugal out of it's gold
"""""""""""""""""""""friendship""""""""""""""""""''

Looks like the alliance is over.

As expected from your third world education system
They only fucked us over in the scramble for africa.

>gold per capita
what a pointless map lol

Here's one with the gross value

>Switzjews