I need to learn Italian within the next 3 years...

I need to learn Italian within the next 3 years. Would Duolingo actually teach me conversational Italian so that I can speak to the average Italian person?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ocqO7b1-XQQ
youtu.be/rXnmPHAhTxA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

no, move to New Jersey

But then all I'll learn is gabbagool, stugatz, mulignam, etc

Learn Japanese instead and watch all of the anime

stugaz should be able to cover at least 25% of your conversations

I'm a fan of Assimil. The audio is great. Native only, no english so it isn't wasting your time.

Lots of people like Teach Yourself too.

>stugaz should be able to cover at least 25% of your conversations
Just like "Bitte" in German?

You can learn conversational Italian within six months if you go to Italy.

It's a very easy language to learn.

Don't, it's a waste of time. Learn Spanish instead

I already know Spanish. That's why it wouldn't be too hard to learn Italian, I just don't know what site to use

No it means "sto' cazzo" which translates to "this dick" which is just a swear word to emphasis your displeasure for something.

Example: "sto' cazzo di mondo", which translates to, "this goddamn fucking world"

Why would you want to learn Italian?

Pimsleur is the best for conversational usage and pronunciation. Duolingo is like a 0-level (pre-101) language course; a good introduction but it's so light on explaining grammar to be counterproductive

Try interpals or something too, as there's a lot of Italians who don't speak English well but want to

Doesn't really matter. You learn every language the same way.

1. Build a foundation in grammar and vocabulary.

2. Start learning by immersion. (childrens' movies and books, language exchange websites where you can practice writing and speaking,...)

Because I'm visiting Italy for a month in 3 years

That makes sense. I'll try to do that

>pronunciation
Why try to learn pronounciation? You Anglos will never be able to speak any other language and not sound like utter retards

>pronunciation
how did you manage to spell that wrong right after quoting me? Did you just look at it and say "fuck it, I'll wing it"?

And? We got tons of tourists that don't even speak English, what do you need to learn Italian for if you are not here to work in retail? And what kind of autist programs his holiday trips 3.hears before?

Stocazzo

We won't have time to go until then. I'm going to the South for a large part of the trip Don't think they all speak English

And? You think every single tourist that visits Naples or Lecce learns Italian? Get real

>He thinks they speak italian in naples

Do they speak napoletano?

They don't speak italian in the south, so you will only waste your time
Heck you'll be lucky if you survive 3 years in Naples

>Because I'm visiting Italy for a month in 3 years
Lol

youtube.com/watch?v=ocqO7b1-XQQ

LOS

Even Spanish sounds more Italian than this.

you must first learn to speak your own language with this accent
youtu.be/rXnmPHAhTxA

CHI

>I need to learn Italian within the next 3 years.
Why?