How bad will the next Batman movie will be /co? and will it be bad enough to kill the franchise for a while?

how bad will the next Batman movie will be /co? and will it be bad enough to kill the franchise for a while?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HP8sofAN4xc
youtu.be/oHg5SJYRHA0
deadline.com/2016/05/ben-affleck-justice-league-executive-producer-zack-snyder-warner-bros-chris-terrio-1201750654/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

He's going to rape the Joker, it's happening

Probably not that bad, they're trying to not make their movies suck and I think they'll listen to the criticism.

in be4 sad affleck

as bad as TDKR
and financial success

i'd pay money to see that. naw, probably not will still wait for the torent

lets face it Warner brothers just cant make fun movies the way MARVEL can

where did it all go so wrong?

Other way around with Snyder still in a bit of control of the DCEU.

As for the OP, dunno, Batman should be pretty straightforward to adapt, but with the hatchet job Snyder took to him making him the fucking Punisher or something he's not really Bats is he? Isn't the dead Robin suit holding a fucking halberd? How many criminals in Gotham are missing limbs and shit?

so anyone has high hopes for Wonder woman then?

It won't be, because Batman is directing, producing, and starring

that means it will be truly horrendous

Nope, he has years of prep time

what I'm afraid of is them focusing not on what makes their movies bad, but what's successful right now

a batman movie shouldn't feel like anything marvel's done but I think it might end up that way

So he'll have a nervous meltdown and stumble when someone says Martha on set?

Nope, now he's prepared for it

lol

they should have just made a Dark Knight Returns based on The Miller's work. Would have been interesting to see.

how much profit did Batman vs superman made? great or just so-so? I think it was only so-so.

Gordon v. Snyder: Dawn of Rape

It will another Affleck ego power trip, but people will jerk off over it because BATFLECK IS GOOD GUIZE

Fuck Batman, just make a whole movie about Alfred

enough to pay for itself.

I very much doubt WB would be very happy with that amount, i think they need at least 100% profit

>just make a whole movie about Alfred

> crime only exists because Alfred wills it entertain his son

>just make a whole movie about Alfred

good thing Sup Forums doesn't write movies.

>not wanting to watch Jeremy Irons fuck around in the Batcave for 2 hours

Literally kill yourself

maybe ask Frank Miller to write a batman movie haha

>producing
youtube.com/watch?v=HP8sofAN4xc

That's outdated, he was recently made executive producer on Justice League, and probably will be on the rest from here on out.

you have a source other than a hope and a dream?

why does everything need to be fun?

it doesn't but being dark confusing and boring isn't a step up.

Why does everything need to be entertaining?

Why does everything have to be enjoyable?

Why does everything have to have redeemable qualities?

Why does everything have to have likable characters?

- DC Fans

>bad movies because the disregard for muh rules about killing
for niggas that hate Batman you people sure bitch about anything that goes against canon

>implying Suicide Squad is not going to save the DCEU
>implying

Get fucked Marvelcucks

That's one problem among dozens

Pic related

To be fair if Batman can break all those bones and leave criminals lying in the street without some dying I'm sure Robin can use a halbred non lethaly

>but with the hatchet job Snyder took to him making him the fucking Punisher or something he's not really Bats is he?

He is Batman, he's just not Adam West Batman.

>Isn't the dead Robin suit holding a fucking halberd?

Yes, and? Damian used to run around with a Katana. Jason uses guns. Huntress uses a crossbow.

>How many criminals in Gotham are missing limbs and shit?

No more than there are all of those severely crippled and braindamaged criminals living rest of their short, miserable lives on life support that they cannot possibly fund unless their kids turn to crime as well.

Why do people need to have opinions different from mine?

- shitposter

Nah, the Batman movies *probably* won't be bad. Batfleck was the least of BvS' problems, Batjesus in the beginning aside.

There's also the fact that Ben Affleck is on top of it and Batman is so much easier to write than Superman or even Wonder Woman. For as much as a flop as the DCEU has been, there's no way they can fuck up Batman, which sadly will only add fuel to WB's thought-process that Batman is the only thing that they really have.

Hey, don't lump us all in with the crazy motherfuckers. It's genuinely disturbing on some level that these people don't seem to want their SUPERHERO movies to be fun.

Though honestly Batman is one of the few exceptions, where Batman is at his best (usually) in a darker, moodier setting. So this movie can be as dark and edgy all it wants.

Oh fuck me, I completely forgot that Batman totally killed lots of people in BvS. Never mind, this could actually suck.

DCCU Fans*

Sorry

Like this guy

>entertaining, enjoyable, redeemable qualities, likable characters

You mean like BvS?

already leaked sneak peak

youtu.be/oHg5SJYRHA0

deadline.com/2016/05/ben-affleck-justice-league-executive-producer-zack-snyder-warner-bros-chris-terrio-1201750654/

>It's genuinely disturbing on some level that these people don't seem to want their SUPERHERO movies to be fun.

I had more fun watching BvS than I had seeing the last few Marvel movies, desu.

Okay? You are not the majority and it's pretty clear anyway that they did not aim for 'fun'.

Well, masochists are allowed to watch movies too, I guess.

>Hey, don't lump us all in with the crazy motherfuckers. It's genuinely disturbing on some level that these people don't seem to want their SUPERHERO movies to be fun.

BvS is fun.

People have just developed a very narrow definition of fun, which is popcorn CGI action comedy in boring settings (except for GotG, which was popcorn CGI action comedy in adequate settings).

>snyder free
>directed and starring batfleck, proven to be a good director and one of the few redeeming qualities of the trainwreck that was bvs
>the one character wb cannot fuck up as badly as supes/wondy
Hope rides alone

>BvS is fun.

There is literally nothing fun in the entire movie.

I suppose, if by fun you only mean rainbows and butterflies between quips.

It will be better than the forgettable Nolan films. Far more in keeping with the characters.

See

>BvS is fun.
No, not really. The action sequences, sure. Everything else is just drab, boring, overly serious nonsense where every character mopes or angrily stares at one another for every minute of screentime they have.

This is a Superman movie where a Congress hearing is bombed as Superman is in it, killing everyone there but him. It's the bleakest Superman movie ever made.

>confusing
Oh look, another Sup Forumsfag who doesn't read comics

>reading comics

Go back 2 Reddit or Facebook.

it should be ok if snyder has no influence whatsoever

People are getting bored of Batman anyways. The movie will underperform and WB will go into panic mode

>People are getting bored of Batman anyways.
Kek, you LITERALLY have millions of people who think that Batman is all DC has. Sure, he's overexposed as fuck, but that's not really a problem when audiences are still extremely receptive towards him. Maybe longtime, hardcore fans are getting sick of Batman (I know I am), but casuals eat that shit up.

>This is a Superman movie where a Congress hearing is bombed as Superman is in it, killing everyone there but him
So... Fucking... What?
>It's the bleakest Superman movie ever made.
5 of the other 6 are some of the most light hearted campy silly films imaginable, its not a fucking flaw to do something different.

>This is a Superman movie where a Congress hearing is bombed as Superman is in it, killing everyone there but him
>So... Fucking... What?

DCCU fans in a nutshell

>it's gritty so it's good!

gee, didnt take long for this thread to disintegrate into angry fucks yelling at each other
my job is done, OP sits backs and reads with grin on his face

BvS had Batman in it and it still made less money than TDK and TDKR. Face it, the age of the Bat is coming to an end.

i think so too.

>make it tonally similar to batman begins
>add some of the more comic stuff in place of "realism"
Thats it
I made a fantastic batman movie

>So... Fucking... What?
This, this right here, is a terrible fucking argument.

Go fucking educate yourself on debate, you stupid motherfucker. We're not doing this, it's late, I'm tired, etc.

I think that had more to do with the negative word of mouth that surrounded the movie after its premiere.

>Damian used to run around with a Katana. Jason uses guns. Huntress uses a crossbow.
Batman made him stop using a sword
He doesn't condone Jason's killing and using guns but can't stop him (or has stopped trying)
Huntress is her own thing and a similar relationship as with jason
Read shit before you post shit

This was actually really good.
The flaw was that it tried to do too much at once, like they were rushing towards a Justice League movie but also wanted to do the Death and Return of Superman.

>>it's gritty so it's good!
No gritty doesn't equal good, but it sure as fuck doesn't equal bad ether.
If Batman can have both Adam West & BraveBold vs Killing Joke differences in tone, so can Superman.

>This, this right here, is a terrible fucking argument.
No its not, he stated events that transpired in the film, he did not give any indication as why they are flaws other then Bad things should not happen in a Superman film ever.

No one said gritty is bad

But when you take colourful superheroes and turn them into boring, depressing assholes, what's the point?

>He doesn't condone Jason's killing and using guns but can't stop him (or has stopped trying)
>Huntress is her own thing and a similar relationship as with jason

Batman tolerates both. In new 52 continuity there's even a plot point where Batman thinks Jason killing is something he values in a way because it means he can count on Jason killing a baddie if the worst comes to worst and he fails to disable the threat non-lethally.

We have no context to the halberd at this point, as far as we know it's directly related to how (assumably) Jason died.

every single thread about this movie with valid criticisms is just blasted by dc shills who are aggressively wrong and willing to debate for hours

why does this shit happen? why do dc shills exist? why are fucks like this

still on Sup Forums and refusing to leave? i won't be replying to dc shills because it's a goddamn waste of air but still man i have to wonder

>if you don't like Superman being a depressing dickhead and standing in a room while it explodes killing every as he sits there frowning while the bodies burn around him, it means you don't want bad things to happen in a Superman film ever

>Huntress is her own thing and a similar relationship as with jason

Except Batman actually ended up being entirely fine with Huntress, and his main objection was her operating without his permission (this was the time he was butthurt anytime somebody didn't do so under his seal of approval) plus recklessness, not her tools.

Honestly, just do a Dredd/The Raid type of film with Batfleck going in to an Arkham Asylum taken over by Leto Joker and a host of other Batman villains.

There, best Batman movie ever.

Except I'm not a dc shill.
Very very meh on Green Lantern.
Batman & Robin is the single worst movie I have ever seen.

>Depressing
>Superman shouldn't react to the world around him and should just be perpetually smiling instead of being effected when the world turns against him.
And about the bomb? You want him to foresee the future?
You want him to scan everyones personal belongings as he enters the room?

Superman reacted in this film? I'm pretty sure he had a scowl 95% of the time.

Its not boring or depressing to me.
The point the point Ultimates 1-2 or Supreme Power or Earth One had, to give us a more realistic environment and see how they would work in a believable more imersive world to some viewers/readers.

Him being dour is a reaction to the state of the world and how they are misjudging him.

Nice meme, friendo.

>believable world
>crazy Lex, WHYDIDYOUSAYDATNAYM, shitty asshole Kents, MUH JESUS IMAGERY, asks questions but doesn't answer or discuss any of them, blood + dead guy = rock monster, "no supers you take the spear not me, Wonder Woman"

l m a o

Then he should say something instead of being a bitch

Facts are memes now

DC Defense Force is here

Geoff "I hate Batman more than Adolf Hitler" Johns is in charge of the movie.

Expect Batman to be completely useless idiot and his whole cast written poorly (just like in Earth One)

Also the badguy will be Red Hood because UtH is the only Batman story that Johns and Affleck have read.

Expect Bruce "I shoot people" Wayne to lecture Jason Todd that killing the joker (or any criminal) is never right. Also, he'll need saving from Alfred (again).

>trusting Rotten Tomatoes
Ugh! Like! Ugh!
Don't you know that Rotten Tomaroes is literally Adolf Hitler??? This is the same website that have Max Landis's movies (yes THE Max Landis) rotten scores!!! This is of course crazy since Max Landis's movies are the greatest movies of the century!!!(Max Landis says so).
Rotten Tomatoes (and criticism) NEEDS to be destroyed!!!!

Who the fuck is Max Landis and why are we supposed to give a damn? All I know is that he wrote American Alien.

If you expect to hate it, you'll hate it.
If you expect to enjoy it, you'll enjoy it.

Finally. He's had it coming for years.

He's the Kino of writers. He wrote such modern Citizen Kane's such as American Ultra and he directed the sleeper Citizen Kane, Me Him Her. He's considered the greatest writer by many people (like Max).

The fact that Rotten Tomatoes would give the movie he directed and the movies he wrote such rotten scores is proof that the website is broken and cannot be taken seriously.

Damaged anus lmao!

>crazy Lex
Still better then the real estate obsessed mother fucker.
>WHYDIDYOUSAYDATNAYM
I would be demanding why he said my mothers name too.
>shitty asshole Kents
Knowing that the world is a horrible place and preparing your son for it = being a asshole... Go to fucking hell.
>MUH JESUS IMAGERY
2 minutes out of a 140 minute movie.
>asks questions but doesn't answer or discuss any of them
Setting up a realistic environment isn't necessarily asking a question, its just a creative choice.
>"no supers you take the spear not me, Wonder Woman"
Diana was the only thing restraining DD.

>Executive Producer
so basicly he still cant do nothing
Snyder and His Wife still have a higer say in things