Are you for more or less EU?

Are you for more or less EU?
Why?

Other urls found in this thread:

reuters.com/article/us-germany-politics/german-conservatives-reject-united-states-of-europe-ahead-of-coalition-talks-idUSKBN1E30KH
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I'm more concerned with when will eastern and northern EU be joining the eurozone

More cause ruski est is bad for your health. It's bad as it is rn, it would be suicide to be on our own again

less

>turkey
>a candidate

I don't really like the Euro but for the most part I like the current EU. I wish people would stop trying to fuck it up with their demented empire fantasies, because it's only going to end up breaking the entire bloc up one day.

less

the half-standardised system doesn't work, there are too many exceptionalisms as it currently stands.
I don't want unifyed anything, so the solution is to move away from EU.

and I don't want further integration because it means we (portugal) will become a full blown backwater as power gets centralized in central europe (BeNeLux+germany+france).

the horror if they actually join..

This, over extension is a thing and the bigger the EU is, the bigger a clusterfuck it is

I just want wh*tes to die, so bring on the USE.

They won't.
They are not even being considered at this point.

More. I like how European laws and directives force our incompetent politicians to change things for the better.

Plus the EU takes money from Germany to give it to us and that is always nice.

I want EU that provides security and prosperity for its people while setting an example of good governance to the rest of the world.

Less. I value European nations, and do not wish for a "European" nationality to become a thing. I do support a decentralised union that preserves the peace and trade though.

I thought Turkey is no longer a candidate.

i hope you're right user, but at this point i won't rule it out entirely

>T*rkey in the EU

Literally suicide. No country is going to want the free movement of coakroachs throughout Europa

No EU unless they start over as a pure trade union. The rest is none of their business.

I came here to post this

The day Turkey joins the EU will be the best day of my life. I hope you are ready for the century of KARA BOGA wh*Toids

I think Iceland is the only serious candidate in that picture.

I think Turkey has been branded a tax haven so it's impossible
It's better for all of us this way anyways

They won't as long as Erdogan is in charge.

i would be for it if it wasn't so gay

For because I just want better economy for myself.
dont care about muslims invading and stuff

Less
Because they keep letting in gypsy countries like yours into the union

We will probably never join it but i don't see why it would be bad for you southerners if we did

Less. Everything about the EU as it is right now just shows that it won't work out. The entire model is "too big to fail", which always fails.

more because yes

more because i actually like european standards and rights

For it's destruction

What you're saying with this is that you don't trust your own government to guarantee the rights of their citizens, and your country is such a corrupt third world shithole that you actually want to be run by a bunch of unelected Brussels bureaucrats with next to no accountability to anyone who will also decide your country's migration policy. And even then, you don't even fucking need the EU for that: the European Convention for Human Rights isn't even part of the EU's legislation!

I don’t really care as long as we don’t join.

I don’t like the Hypocrisy behind the current EU.

The concept of «ever closing Union» is not defined and nobody dare to say that they clearly aim at a federal state because they are afraid of their own people.

>unless they start over as a pure trade union
will never happen. Federalists have too much power and ambition
>"The final goal," Helmut Schlesinger, the head of the German Bundesbank, explained in 1994, "is a political one to reach any type of political unification in Europe, a federation of states, an association of states or even a stronger form of union." In this agenda, "the economic union is [merely] an important vehicle to reach this target."

less because, basically, everyone should work for themselves

>The concept of «ever closing Union» is not defined and nobody dare to say that they clearly aim at a federal state because they are afraid of their own people.
This. I'm not worried though. The EU will die either though peacefull dissolvement or through violent Yugoslav tier conflicts.

Less EU.

Btw why is my captcha full of "CALLE"s nowadays

The EU doesn't decide migration policies, you're talking nonsense.
And yes, usually I appreciate the decisions regarding legislation that the EU parliament takes (and I vote for it) more than those my national parliament takes.

Ukraine is free to join. I'm tired of paying 2000€ for a kitchen renovation when a ukrainian will do it for half of that.

>The EU doesn't decide migration policies
yet Germany and Sweden can force other EU members to acept economic migrants that we invited

You don't need EU for that.

turkey should join the eu

They never will. Neither does any EU country want them in, nor does Turkey really want to join anymore at this point.

It's just that no one wants to be the first one to walk out on the negotiations because then the media will have a field day painting them as the boogeyman.

It was fine when it was an economical union and not a sociopolitical one.

Yes I do, I'm not some kind of a lowlife criminal degenerate after all.

The majority has always been against it though, so I doubt it'll happen
thank god

I’m a bit worried to be honest.

Since they miraculously found a common enemy (the UK) they all talk about going further into this union and shit.

It never occurred to anyone to actually talk about the flaws of the whole thing.

Less, especially as it currently stands with the whole "refugee" issue.

It was never "just" a sociopolitical union. It had political purpose ever since it started control coal and steel. And vast majority of its regulations are related precisely to the economic matters.

You just weren't born, literate, interested in politics and corrupted by Sup Forums previously.

It's basically just a game of pretend. The population is against it but the politicians just pretend that's not the case. Which is why the establishment has been bleeding heavily over the last years and will continue to bleed.
The EU basically avoided certain death when Macron managed to trick people into thinking he'd do anything differently. It's basically just a matter of time before they lose one election, and that's all it will really take since the EU is such an unstable clusterfuck by now.

>It was never "just" a sociopolitical union.
just an economic union

fuck this, I need to go to sleep.

Good night friends.

>what are the berrypickers from thailand

The concept of «ever closer union» is not here since the beginning.

It’s the main problem since nobody ever defined what it meant exactly.

>they all talk about going further into this union and shit.
but we knew that was gonna happen. The UK was the main force holding the federalists back. Around Brexit Germany, especially, started seriously talking about he EU army project. They will now go harder for "ever closer union" but in the end they'll fail as the EU is a political union built on lies.
The majority of it's citizen don't want this superstate

>It never occurred to anyone to actually talk about the flaws of the whole thing.
Many have tried, it never works. The EU will continue on. Only solution is to leave or wait until it collapses violently

>The population is against it but the politicians just pretend that's not the case
I think this was the UKs major issue with it. I would rather we stayed in the EU, at least for the economic benefits, but I'd also like to be closer to the EU countries but I WOULDN'T want total federalisation which is the end game of the EU bureaucrats.
Many love to hate us for vetoing policies but we were the ones stopping the balance tipping to total United States of Europe. History has shown that it simply doesn't work with European nations with established identities and cultures, unlike say the USA...

I’m not sure it will collapse that easily.

We are fed with news telling us that the UK is on the verge to become a third world country because it left the EU.

>Well we're going to take 1.8 million I don't care if you guys don't take any
>You all have to take your share or I will give you sanctions

And they only want further integration of member states. How can anyone argue that the EU is going to continue to get more influence over member states? They have openly stated that is their intention. In 100 years the EU will either be completely dead or one merged superstate.

Iceland, Norway and Switzerland need to stop being snowflakes and join the goddamn union

Even the US went threw a huge civil war before arriving to their current state.

Hence why they value state rights so much.

why is Turkey a candidate?

I don't get what you're trying to say, it's like you're explaining to me what they want, but I already know and I'm saying that I'm fine with it.

Disband, it's just a money laundering scheme at this point

well ofcourse we are. Those who control the mainstream media are the same people that are pro EU.
Propaganda alone won't save the EU though. I truly believe it's inevitable that it fails. I just wish we were as lucky as you guys who are not in it.

european empire, im tired of doing the same job as some german getting payed 1/10 for it

plus theres no other way to reform this feudal shithole and hang all corrupt ppl for treason

Not happening anytime soon in the case of Switzerland.

Actually we are closer to throw away a good chunk of our current agreements with the EU than becoming members.
And yes we are fully aware that it will probably arm our economy.

Thé coming years will decide of the relation between EU and us but if it goes any deeper it will certainly not be by an adhesion.

less: SyeTen pointed out how the wages vary enormously from one side of the continent to the other. this is untenable, and will lead to strife in the form of strikes in east europe and lowering wages in the west.

it's been for quite some time. The whole Erdogan thing shut most of the EU people who supported Turkey joining up, though

To prevent them from getting in to the russian influence sphere

about right.

>the idea, and especially the timeframe, was unrealistic
>at the moment people longed for the reliability that they believe they can find in national states
>majority of member states certainly wouldn’t participate in creating a united states

reuters.com/article/us-germany-politics/german-conservatives-reject-united-states-of-europe-ahead-of-coalition-talks-idUSKBN1E30KH

Everything is not that bright for us.

We have a lot of bilateral agreements with the EU and have to comply with EU laws in the field of those agreements.

We still are more free than Norway but it’s becoming more and more difficult to preserve our indépendance.

We will have 4 or 5 votes regarding our relation with the EU in the next 4 years. The results will decide the future of our relation with the EU.

So you recognise the corruption within Hungary and think the solutions is the EU which is even bigger and more corrupt....dude

I just don't know why you would think that's a good thing. Europe will be totally transformed, countries will lose so much identity. not to mention the the level of bureaucracy that would inevitably come of it. democracy will be watered down so heavily, if it's even still a thing.

faggot, wait untill we impose a full scale siege on your little snowflake country we will fucking strave untill you beg us to join

It's not even that late kiddo

Yeah I understand that. The goal of the EU, bankers, (some politicians) and media in your nation is of course for you to join the EU. Same in Norway where the people consistently vote NO every time they have a referendum even though most of their politicians want to join.
The EU never intended for you guys to remain outside the union

their capital is in Europe and they took great strides to adopt a more westernized culture during the past century

The United Europe, a supposedly end game for pro-Eu people. Ok but what would be its language? German? French?

A union without one language will fail like Austro-Hungary.

Pro-EU people, if they ever want something even more than sociopolitical union, will have to address this issue

Turkey MUST lead Europe, its the only way we can SURVIVE!

KARA BOGA''hu AKBAR! WA LILLAH ILHAM!

>[Ankara] is in Europe

never. i only listen under the true leader commanded by god himself, karl xvi gustav.

Identity and culture change laws, it rarely happens the other way around. Bureaucracy is already huge in Italy, adapting ours to other EU countries' standards can only be an improvement, and don't forget that there would be less barriers between countries. Is that not bureaucracy as well?

>but what would be its language? German? French?
the Germans think german will be. The French think french will be
As you say, it's doomed from the start. The federalists look over at you guys and cream their pants thinking we can become the same thing. It's sad really

Why so butthurt?
Nobody will care about your opinion if you behave like that
Anyway corrupt thirdworld shithole would be yours not mine, a country that once own the most prolific of company and now forgotten by everyone
Fuck off and bring your ass down of your high horse you little prick

Fuck no I don't want foreigners speaking german, their accent always stays and it sounds retarded. French sounds beautiful, imagine every girl speaking french :3

Constantinople/Istanbul/New Kurdistan is not the Capital of Turkey

You’re right (except for the bankers that are really not into EU here). Our government was talking of a «black day» when we voted against the EEA.

I think the EU was somehow convinced that we would join at some point or another for years. They really realized we won’t join any time soon in 2014 with the vote against immigration. Hence why they are trying to force quite a lot of things on us latetely.

The biggest thing being the EU asking us to sign a framework agreement that would submit us to EU court of justice for the agreements we signed with the EU.

No need to say our government has not even tried to force it on us yet since they know we would vote against it.

Our biggest luck is our semi-direct democracy.

No, mate. Borders are not bureaucracy. And your country would not be adapting to EU standards, it would be outsourcing your standards to them.

>the Germans think german will be. The French think french will be
Not really, none of them are even bothering and even if they tried some fucking Czechs or whatever would have a hissyfit over it. Europe is an American vassal so it's language will be English. Now with Brexit they can't even use the "HURRDURR B-BUT ENGLISH IS THE LANGUAGE OF ENGLAND SO WE USE ENGLAND CHECKMATE AMERILARDS" excuse anymore. Imagine that, imagine a "country" so pathetic that it needs to use ANOTHER COUNTRY'S LANGUAGE for its people to communicate between one another.

The possibility of French being the EU's lingua franca died when the EU expanded into the British Isles and Scandinavia. Original 6 + Iberia should've been the maximum extent of the union.

When will the EU impose a SIEGE on these filthy SNOWFLAKE mountain FAGS

>I don't like your tone so you're wrong
Careful now, or Brussels will come with a regulation declaring how much butthurt is legally allowed before it's a hate crime.

The EU is a huge improvement. You don't realize how annoying it actually can be to request visas for any travel and papers for residence, if you want to spend some time somewhere else. You havn't done this yet. You are free to go anywhere within the EU, to the mediteranean in Italy or Croatia and to Amsterdam to enjoy the liberal cafes, and I appreciate this everyday. You can stay there as long as you want, work there, buy a house. The EU also unified alot of things which were nonesense and waste of money before, like your micro USB standard, or the powerslots within the EU. (oh wait britain still has different ones)

>(except for the bankers that are really not into EU here)
ok my mistake. Admittedly I don't know a lot about that.

>No need to say our government has not even tried to force it on us yet since they know we would vote against it.
I honestly envy the swiss. Maybe it's because you guys are armed, at least more so than us

I’m not sure having different language is much of a problem. It works fine here.

I would be more worried about cultural differences.

For example how to conciliante France tradition of having the state taking care of everything and being centralized with the federal tradition of Germany.

I don't care we are here to discuss
>Inb4 hurr durr lol Sup Forums is for shitpost only
EU is alright for a bunch of reasons alredy discussed iit

>You don't realize how annoying it actually can be to request visas
user....annocyance is not a reason to sign away sovereignity. People here do just fine studying or working in the United states, Japan or Australia.

Our army is a militia (aka the people) except for 3000 professional (mostly for training purpose) and our constitution can’t be changed without us voted.

Our gov is stuck with our current semi direct democracy system. It’s not perfect but it helps.

English is widely spoken in the EU. Laws are made in English too. What is your point?

Germany is heavily forcing English in the EU as it's the easiest language. We never forced German on anybody mate.

>borders are not bureaucracy
Are you kidding me? Having 27 different laws for a certain activity I'd want to have across Europe is as simple as having to abide to one standard for all my activities across the continent?

I like the swiss system, A government should fear it's people.

>We never forced German on anybody mate.
I never said you did. I'm saying german EU federalists wet dream is Germany being the official EU language