Was this one of the low points of superman?

Was this one of the low points of superman?

Yeah, you show those space muslims Superman.

That's actually kind of a cool idea for a Superman story.

What's Superman's opposition?
They seem nice enough

Yeah Grounded was trash.

daww how could you tell a face like that to go back, more like superjerk

That's not even the worst moment in the storyline.
Superman finds some druge dealers in suburbia, doesn't call the cops, burns all their stash, and then pic related happens.

Same story? Who wrote it?

>You tell him, Dokk

kek

JMS before he was shitcanned and contained to Earth One

How pissed would you be if you lived in the next town. crack heads moved in and superman could have locked them up but didnt

>Superman tells a little kid to deliver a message to drug dealers
Why the hell doesn't he tell them himself? He's putting the kid in danger, they might decide to beat the crap out of him in retaliation for getting their stashes burnt.

Huh. And for some reason I thought he's good writer.

But Superman can be both HERE and OVER THERE with his vast array of superpowers, why doesn't he just go bust them up directly?

I kinda get what the writer was going for.
Like, it's a "God helps those who help themselves" type message.
If everyone works hard to clean up their own patch the world, the entire world will take care of itself.

But it just kinda comes off as "Fuck everyone else who isn't me"

Why doesn't Dokk have his own detective themed comic yet?

>they might decide to beat the crap out of him in retaliation for getting their stashes burnt.

at best there beating the crap out of him more likely they murdered him

Dokk: Pet Detective

I didn't mind his Thor but he has been god awful at DC.

Or sold him into some kind of slavery, or made him a part of their cartel through force.

Here is Superman, a reporter, dealing with reporters asking questions he doesn't like, who are obvious strawmen of people criticizing the story's premise.

At least Ultraman doesn't hide that he's one step away from depopulating Metropolis.

or Superman suppressing the press

>"word"
This is somehow the most pathetic thing on the entire page

Why is Superman threatening to murder a reporter?

not any reporter that's Lois Lane

Best part is that Lois Lane's story was about a plant that was polluting the environment and breaking regulations. The workers begged Superman to supress the story so they could keep their jobs.
Basically, Superman is a defender of "too big to fail" and doesn't care about truth and justice.

Word

He told them to clean up better so I'm sure its fine

grabbing her arm threateningly like that is also probably spousal abuse

Why did the writer think this was good or plausible writing?

Yeah and if they're entirely self-sufficient they don't need to "give back" to their community since they're not taking anything

Because he was trying waaaay too hard to be the next Up, Up, and Away.

How does this prove that Superman isn't a liar?

Couldn't he just force Lex Luthor or some other smart guy to make the entire facility self-sufficient or atleast cleaner so the folks can still work there? This seems like a really, really lazy solution.

If you call him on his lie, he'll kill you.
So since no one will ever confront him, everything he says must be the truth

He really has no idea how industrial plants work. Or rather, the writer doesn't.

that guy claimed Superman couldn't fly anymore, becauses he was walking across america

Luthor wouldn't do it because he's a cunt who does nothing to help society but one of the other scientists like Mr Terrific could probably figure it out

Did he really have to physically bully the guy to show he could fly? Couldn't he have just floated a foot off the ground?

Hell what if the fat bugger had a weak heart? He could have just killed him with that stunt.

Why is Lois dressed like a hooker?

It's a shit story, that's why.

What was the point of this story overall?

Stop trying to make me remember a shit story. Read it if you want to.

I think DC just wanted a big name on the book to reset things a little after New Krypton (which ultimately wasn't bad but kind of lost steam halfway through) ended. Turns out that big name just couldn't deliver. Shit happens.

Jesus, this is a slap in the face to what Superman should be.

And yet people cried to get this Superman back instead of just telling them to fix new 52 Superman's status quo

This is NOT Superman. This is JSM pissing in a jar and pretends it's wisdom. Grounded was so disgusting, that has not even been completed

It's not what he should be, but it's canon to his story. Hopefully it just gets ignored though.

Didn't this all start because a random woman blamed Superman for not curing her husband's inoperable brain tumor while he was out in space saving the world?

Superman's not a brain surgeon, that is highly illogical.

I know, and yet Superman felt so bad about it (he didn't seem to care about all the people that had just died in New Krypton) that he decided to do a walkabout across America to "reconnect with the people"

>you are a gun

Sadly that's exactly what happend

This arc really was bad

Wait is her problem really that Superman didn't save her husband from a brain tumor?

Not an industrial accident, natural catastrophe, or alien invasion but a tumor?

Random women coming up and bitching at you over bullshit related to their dead family member is EVERY superheroes kryptonite.

Remember during Civil War and that bitch that was all MUH BABBY at Stark? Though I'm pretty sure he ended up fucking her after he went full Iron Fascist.

I laughed during that scene in theaters

I half expected his mom to say that "his life mattered"

What kind of answer is that?
He didn't adress any of the points this guy raised and instead went on a rant about a guy who spent one night in jail for refusing to pay his taxes as an act of political protest. What Superman is doing has nothing to do with Thoreau.

I want to know how many people died whIle superman was doing a walk about

Superman kind of just named dropped during this arc. It's kind of like he just learned who these people were

About the same number as when he's fucking Lois

>When they YOU ARE SPECIAL childhood indoctrination comes crashing down

Seriously? THAT'S what Superman tells a suicidal girl?
And why is that cop so confused? Isn't it standard procedure to have a psychologist try and talk with a jumper?

Hey at least when he's fucking Lois someones getting something out of it, this is just Superman being a douchebag sniffing his own farts and starting shit with random people

Yup just a person with brain tumor

Couldn't the writer have made it something a little less retarded? Very easily?

Sorry lady, but mankind's fucking babysitter was too busy to brainscan every human on earth

Yeah even if he wasn't off planet he probably wasn't going to operate on him anyway

Yeah how was he supposed to use his heat vision to magically excise the tumor anyway?

his superpower is that he's always morally right, even when he's wrong

It's not even as if Superman left them without someone watching over them while he was on New Krypton. Mon-El was there in Metropolis specifically for this reason and there's the dozens of other superheroes in existence on Earth. The entire concept is irrational.

And why just America? Why isn't Superman going around the world to all the neglected areas that need his help? That would certainly be a better way to reconnect with humanity than walking around American suburbs.

I don't get it. Is the writer deliberately trying to break the premise of Superman, or does he think this is good writing?

>Implying anywhere other than America matters in the whole multiverse.

Holy shit. They could've just called this storyline Superdick instead of Grounded. Like, Superman is one step away from just lobotomizing somebody for littering.

This shit is hilarious.

Why the fuck did DC ever give JMS Earth One after this bullshit?

>Why just America
Because this is a damn American comicbook written by Americans

The biggest tragedy was this was the last arc of pre-flash point

There was a shitty Doomsday crossover too, or was that only in the other books?

That has got to be one of the dumbest non-answers I've heard.
How does that explain why Superman is walking across America instead of helping people? Is Superman saying that random glasses guy should do a walkabout too?

That's Batman.

Anyone has the Kryptonite edit?

>wanting the cops and Feds to handle drugs instead of leaving drug users alone

What are you, some kind of bootlicker?

>Murder

Grounded was a bad story but that's kind of a stretch.

hasnt he done
>hurr I can heat vision through your eyes to lobotomize your brain
multiple times already?

Jesus christ lad. A planet of SUPERMEN was created. The man had shit to deal with

This is moronic. If they're selling gold to people then that's absolutely providing a service, and finding lost pets is more than valuable enough to provide for the living expenses of a handful of aliens. Especially "self-sufficient" ones.

This is as bad or maybe even worse than myspace captain america

Idea was not bad. The realization, however, is among the worst things written by Straczynski, definitely Sin Past level.

I thinks that he doesn't feel confortable working on DC's universe. His works on Marvel is really good, though.

I believe that the sense "distorted" of the scene was : Okey, welcome to America, but you can't just live here. You must do something for this country, to pay our hospitality.

I never understood.
Why is Superman such a bitch about being a kyptonian..?
I mean he grew up on Earth with Earth parents that gave him an amazing childhood and love him as their own.
Yet he whines and bitches about how he is of another world and is not human, and constantly wishes that he could live on krypton and that he never lived on Earth.
Why?
I mean he should be almost a regular Earthling yet all he does is bitch about how great Krypton was.
Example his greatest desire was to be a kryptonian

That's more of an older thing. In modern stuff it gets treated more as an adoptive kid just wanting to learn about where he came from but not actively thinking of himself as non-human.

That's because Krypton is basically space Israel.

Not really, what he wishes for is to live a normal life free of the responsibility of saving the world all the time.

On it.

>oh whoa whoa
kek

Thank you, friendo.

Then why not just live as a normal human a real son to John and MARTHA!!!
rather than wanting to live on a planet unknown to him. That he basically shills for saying that Earth has a long way to go compared to Krypton

This is why Gotham's a shit hole, Superman keeps pushing all the lowlife's there for Batman to deal with.

Because the original writers were immigrants. The problem with them is that they knew their birth country, and so it is normal that they were attached to it.

Superman, however, has never known Krypton, so all this attachment is incredibly false. Moore's story works well because in the Silver Age, Superman was not so tied up with Lois. In the post-Crisis, Superman would have dreamed of living on earth, powerless.

This user says proper

Don't most adopted kids have a hang up about meeting their biological parents?
If Clark was a human adopted from some African shit hole before the country imploded, he'd be the guy dressing up in traditional African robes, change his name to Kwame and always going on about getting in touch with his African heritage while his parents nod along and support his bullshit.