Should comic books have trigger warnings?

should comic books have trigger warnings?

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/10232049
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

In legitimate cases I can see there being reason for a separate website or something that compiles content that could be legit triggering.

No, don't be a fucking pussy

Why not? It's the author's decision.

You realize that's basically what the rating system is right? I mean I know comics never uses it except for a FOR MATURE READERS banner but it's there.

If you think a comic book might trigger you, google it before you read it

>that image

FUCKING S A V A G E

Is that actually printed anywhere?

We already do, it's called a ratings system.

the series is digital only
for obvious reasons

People who actually have PTSD should get professional help. The world can't and shouldn't be censored to suit them. Especially when you consider that pretty much anything can trigger an episode. Far more people are triggered by the sound of typing than by reading something that offends them, and you don't see anyone rushing to ban keyboards.

Quick. Before the shitposting. There's an actual opportunity for discussion here.

strawpoll.me/10232049

Sup Forums is hardly the only place regularly pissed off.

no. fuck trigger warnings and fuck you, too.

pic related.

Yes. It would help groups like Sup Forums who get violently triggered every time a comic comes out with a female main character.

As long as they're put in a place where I can't easily see them and get spoiled, then sure, if they want to I guess? It doesn't really affect me.

Your picture is pure autism. Looks like it was written by a 14 year old boy who calls himself a sociopath/misanthrope/sadist. Can't wait for SJW/anti-SJW culture to die.

>Can't wait for SJW/anti-SJW culture to die.
Fucking same.

I miss when the internet was unironically about "who owned what memes" and "everything is being 'ponified'" being the hot-button shit. Now it's just all this dumb fucking psuedo-sociology that tries to take the dumbest shit imaginable and make it serious business. This whole tumblr newspeak shit is obviously just a fad too, and I can't wait for it to die off as well.

Do comics have the PG, R thing movies have ?

I know marvel has MAX for r-raged stu

*r-rated stuff

the yurop : american invasion story is still going?
Holy shit, that is hilarious.

triggers are for faggots who cant have their feewings huwt

Trigger warnings trigger Sup Forums so hard.

But honesty if a comic involves rape or something having a disclaimer that says "just so you know this comic contains rape" so that if someone who got raped or something and has legit ptsd comes along and wants to have a good time reading comics, they can avoid that one in particular.

It's really no different than a rating system, you let people know if something has gore or whatever. The only reason I can think of people hating this idea is because the phrase trigger warning comes from sjws so they have a knee jerk reaction against it despite it honestly being pretty reasonable. Call it a warning instead of a trigger warning and nobody would give a shit.

tell that to the vietnam vet who lives down the street from me who we have to warn every time we want to set off fire crackers

fucking pussy needs to move

Don't really care as long as it doesn't contain spoilers or affect the content of the book.

Which gender triggers you more co/?

>In legitimate cases
There are no legitimate cases. Running from your problems is not a solution.

The rating system is for kids.

Trigger warnings are for adults.

>sexualities as a gender

I don't think you understand how "triggers" work.

Jesus, at this point your gender might as well just be ctrl+f