What is the Appalachia of Europe?

>Since its recognition as a distinctive region in the late 19th century, Appalachia has been a source of enduring myths and distortions regarding the isolation, temperament, and behavior of its inhabitants. Early 20th century writers often engaged in yellow journalism focused on sensationalistic aspects of the region's culture, such as moonshining and clan feuding, and often portrayed the region's inhabitants as uneducated and prone to impulsive acts of violence.

>While endowed with abundant natural resources, Appalachia has long struggled and been associated with poverty. In the early 20th century, large-scale logging and coal mining firms brought wage-paying jobs and modern amenities to Appalachia, but by the 1960s the region had failed to capitalize on any long-term benefits from these two industries.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albion's_Seed
wmky.org/post/struggle-stay-jewish-appalachians
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Appalachia
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

bavaria

Wherever there are poor white people, it's pretty much the only region of the USA that is poor and white.
I'd say Northern Ireland, since thats where Appalachian people's ancestors came from and Northern Ireland isn't exactly the richest part of the UK
Bavaria is too rich.
This map kind of exaggerates it, no part of South Carolina is really Appalachian.

lapland area in finland,sweden,norway and russia

Northern Ireland seconded

Scotland. A lot of Appalachians have scottish descent and have carried on their honor based herdsmen mentality.

Moldova you fucking idiots...lurk more

>scottish descent and have carried on their honor based herdsmen mentalit
literally what are you talking about

actually fair enough

Carpathians

Appalachians are celtic people, basically the pagan woodland people of ancient Europe.

they have deerlike features

Moldova

I think he meant the amount of Scots-Irish that settled there, but what did he mean by " honor based herdsmen mentality"?

Hes referencing this retarded person:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albion's_Seed

Nothing honourable about us, our women do look like cows so i guess that's where the 'herd' come from

>Appalachians are celtic people
Not anymoreso than people from England.
Appalachia is a mix of Ulster Scots and English.
Ulster Scots come from the English scotland border. That region has been speaking a Germanic language as long as anywhere in England

THESE APPALACHIAN DUDES ARE LITERALLY BLUE

STAY THE FUCK AWAY

pooland

Ex-Yugo

When Sherman comes down on your great-grandmammy hard on the farm

Terronia.

americans have this idea that everything regressive in their culture comes from (x) part of europe. they can never explain how the countries in question have never experienced those problems for hundreds of years though

actually this theory comes from a brit

Dinaric mountains

i have never, ever heard any british academic say that the regressive parts of appalachian culture stem from the borders. again the obvious contradiction is how these problems haven't existed in the actual borders for hundreds of years.

wmky.org/post/struggle-stay-jewish-appalachians

There are jews in Appalachia?

you are a jew

Whiter than you, Mohammed.

I would say any sort of Slavic mountainous region which is really poor and religious.

I'm from Southeastern Kentucky and the mentality here is pretty similar to those sorts of places (Montenegro, Serbia, Makedonija, etc.)

Dinaric alps i'd say

they are poor, uneducated and home of the vampires and witchcraft.
only issue is that they're not white.

>isolation, temperament, clan feuding, and often portrayed the region's inhabitants as uneducated and prone to impulsive acts of violence.
>poverty and coal mining, failed to capitalize on any long-term benefits

clearly Sardinia

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Appalachia

>sensationalistic aspects of the region's culture, such as moonshining and clan feuding, and often portrayed the region's inhabitants as uneducated and prone to impulsive acts of violence.

If you listen to parisians, this would be basically the rest of France.