THE FLASH

Is there still hype? New trailer for tomorrow's episode.

youtube.com/watch?v=DpD3_RtHxnU

Other urls found in this thread:

cinemablend.com/television/What-Expect-From-Flash-Man-Iron-Mask-According-Kevin-Smith-137517.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I dropped flash around episode 15 of this season but I picked it back up with the Kevin Smith ep.

I just hate how shitty Zoom is.

Like, goddamn:
>What are you up to?
>.....NO GOOD

>You always have to be the hero...and while you're playing the good little boy, I'll be busy winning.

Why does he have to be on this weird middle-ground between "cartoony as fuck" and "actually villainous"? He's as bad as Lex from BvS at this point.

Captain Cold does it and Sup Forums has maintained a boner steely as a mighty glacier.

>The Speed Force is with us, how can we possibly lose?

When has the CW Captain Cold ever been "actually villainous" and not 100% cheesy as hell?

True.

I don't know. Maybe it's the fact that this is supposed to be "big, superbad, take over the world" type of villain -- in which case, cartoony-ness in such high doses just doesn't work. I could barely stand Darhk, either, and that actor was much better than Zoom's.

I suppose, too, that Arrowverse Captain Cold is WAY more cartoony than he is villainous, and even then, he's a thief at best and a Flash-killer at worst. So, his balance makes sense.

Wentworth Miller's Cold is horrible. That nigga can't act for shit.

Damn shame, especially given how great Cold is in the comics.

The "We're the Speedforce, don't gotta explain shit" episode was okay, but overall the season has been a disappointment.

I've given up on arguing Zoom's merits, but I'll say I enjoy what they're doing with him. Like Cold, he plays up his evilness to cartoony levels when in presence of people he wants to intimidate, such as Team Flash and his lieutenants, and is more natural with Barry and Caitlin. I like it, it plays into the psychological aspect they've built up around him.

Though I will concede Teddy Sears is somewhat limited. His monologues and crazy stares work, but he doesn't sell the unhingedness when Zoom actually gets unhinged, screaming and shit.

People didn't like Earth 2 episode and Shark King episode?

Barry you poor idiot.

Fleeting moments don't make up for how bland the main plot has been. I've written off this season and I hope they can rebound next year. It's still worth watching but I'm not hype.

Unmasking him really ruined it, especially since it happened so early.

To be honest at this point I'm just glad that Zoom's still super evil. I was thinking the stupid love shit with Caitlyn would turn him into a faggot but despite those retarded flashbacks he still seems pretty much pure evil, which is good.

The Force, no.

The SPEED Force? It works damn near whatever the fuck way it wants.

The whole Zoom identity thing was almost doomed to fail. There was just never a reason for us to be invested in who he was.

Harry's going to get killed tomorrow and then next episode it will reveal he is the man in the iron mask screencap this post.

The sad thing is that the whole "masked villain" thing can be incredibly well-done if you just write it properly.

In a sense, they should have done with Zoom what they are doing right now with the Masketta Man. Create a huge amount of tension about his identity, and don't make the reveal disappointing. Instead noone even considered the idea that there even was anything under the Mask because he was so inhuman, until they went "oh yeah it's Jay LOL".

Although I doubt the Masketta Man will be anything significant, probably just another cheap Arrow-tier twist that changes nothing.

Sup Forums loved them. There's a lot of retroactive hate going on.

But Teddy Sears's voice is too smooth. He whole line about taking hope sounded great in his voice

I haven't been following up, who is Zoom?

Hunter Zolomon

He's hamming it up on purpose. I'm not saying he's a great actor, but his Cold is deliciously bad on purpose. Even Danelle Panabaker tried to emulate it for Killer Frost as a sort of cold gag.

It's a Hunter Zolomon who may or may not be caked Jay Garrick. My theory is they're all orphans and we've been seeing E3 all along. E1 was in the park and E2 is the man in the mask, AKA Jay Garrick, AKA the Flash.

I also believe Tony Todd and Teddy Sears are playing two different Zooms, teamed up for some sinister purpose, but I don't know who Tony Todd is. The Rival?

>Unmasking him really ruined it, especially since it happened so early.
i wouldnt call 15 episodes in early user. that was around the same time we found out harrison wells was eobard thawne, and we knew he was the reverse flash by the midseason finale.

I actually like when he goes full animal without his mask. Reminds me of Ian McDiarmid in episode 3. Hammy as fuck but too entertaining for me to complain.

>is there still hype?
>he hasn't dropped everything CW

I will nevernot love his SPEED TRIP in episode 18.

>RGAAAAAH

It's John Wesley Shipp. That's literally the only possibility since Henry said his mother's maiden name was Garrick.

>barry finally stops being a whiny bitch because momforce comforts him and maybe can finally do things now
>they make him too overconfident now just to knock him down once again

The writers always flip-flop on Barry's weakness being either overconfidence or underconfidence.

Darhk is just awful despite the actor.
He's the definitely the most obnoxious villain in all of cape shows.

Yeah, this is much better than my theory.

I still think there are two Zooms though.

Unmasking Zoom both ruined his intimidating atmosphere and shit on the Jay Garrick character. I guess Caitlin also has a hand in this because the only reason Zoom loves her is to make her relevant

Candyman Zoom >>> Candyass Zoom

>not watching iZombie

I'm sorry user for your shit taste

Zoom in "Enter Zoom" >>> Zoom in the rest of the series before the reveal > shit >>>>> Zoom after the reveal

>He doesnt watch iZombie

So wait a minute, how does Zoom suddenly have an army of metas and how come he never conquered Earth 2 with them? Or did he do that already off screen?

He did it off-screen.

It's been mentioned for a while he had all the meta-humans of Earth-2 under his thumb. Remember when he sent Deathstorm and Killer Frost after Barry, and killed Reverb for planning an insurgence?

tfw it will be below mediocre, like the rest of the season ...

That is just fantastic work. The Flash crew are really on point visually.

>Runs past Harry as he's dashing to the lab
>lets Harry get into the lab and grab the gun just to pull off a sweet dodge

Zoom's having fun

Kevin Tancharoen is solid. I wish he'd direct more "Flash" episodes, but he stays mostly on "Agents of SHIELD".

Yeah I get that but I feel like this could have been said better. And damn conquering a Earth 2 off screen seems kinda weak

the way he went around the city dangling him was beautiful

He already had the city living in a state of terror, as he was powerful enough to impose a citywide curfew and have both citizens and city officials take it, and it seems like he went full psycho after the speed bost and just conquered everything, toppling governments and destroying anything anyone attempted to use against him.

While I would have loved to see all that shit, I understand it is not needed to the plot at hand and money's tight.

indeed

>not watching iZombie, Crazy Ex-Girlfriend and Jane the Virgin

>Jane the Virgin
So how did she get that baby?

You mean how she got pregnant? Her boss' alcoholic lesbian sister who was having an affair with her drug lord stepmother accidentally inseminated her with her boss' sperm in a backfired honey pot scheme concoted by the boss' ex-wife.

ah, thanks

>Is there still hype?

Not really, they have dragged the plot way too much for people to care about it, I mean, I don't even care about the man in the mask anymore.

>caring about Barry at all
gay

Wanda please go, it's over. Your brother lost

wrong thread

Maybe it has something to do with Cold not being a monstrous sociopath who's supposed to instill terror?

I still think they should've pulled a goku and made Barry comic tier fast when he got out of the speed force.

Think he's gonna get a new costume next season? I mean, he came out of the Speedforce with a costume so I assume it's made out of it. Looks like they're skipping the whole costume in a ring thing

I haven't found this season as compelling as the first became out of nowhere thanks to Harrisobard Thawells, but I have to admire how they played around with so many different Flash villains to come up with this version of Zoom.

>Hunter Zolomon
>The Rival
>Black Flash/Black Racer
>Cobalt Blue
>Etc

There's bits of all of them in there, just to keep even ardent fans guessing. Shame the reveal was done too early and kind of shittily, it took a lot of the dramatic tension out of the series.

That said I feel they could still redeem themselves. I was thinking about this yesterday, the Jay Garrick that Caitlyn temporarily re-empowered with Velocity 10 was supposedly a time remnant of Zoom - but we only have his word for that, and a sociopathic serial killer isn't the most reliable of narrators. What if that really was Jay Garrick, or some iteration thereof? What if Zoom is still not who he says he is? Kind of holding out for Edward Clariss myself...

cinemablend.com/television/What-Expect-From-Flash-Man-Iron-Mask-According-Kevin-Smith-137517.html

>That’s one of the first things I asked when I got up there. I was like, ‘Who’s in the iron mask?’ And they told me and I cried. It’s beautiful. It will make you cry. I almost wish I was involved in the moment in some way.

It's her, right? It's gonna be Felicity 'the Strongest' Smoak. I don't want to cry, Sup Forums.

>Is there still hype?
The lead up to the finale is a slow crawl because you know they're saving everything for the last episode.
>I also believe Tony Todd and Teddy Sears are playing two different Zooms

Tony is just voicing 'darkness zoom' when Zolomon wants to scare people. I had the original theory before he was unmasked is Zoom was E2 evil Wally then Tony would do a physical role when he got unmasked but yeah nope.
The time remnant Hunter Zolomon/Jay was who he was, however his story was a lie. When Hunter/Jay told his story how he lost his powers to Zoom that was really the tale in how the real Jay Garrick lost his powers and turned into the masked man in the cage.

The lack of Rogues this season is extremely noticeable. The last time we had anything with the Rogues was the midseason finale with Weather Wizard, Trickster and Captain Cold.

live action dc blows

your opinion is shit

Well the only two that are available right now are Wizard and Trickster, and they've already had their fun.

The others are off galavanting through time in a horrible, horrible show.

I like that idea, and it's already been foreshadowed that it might be the REAL Jay Garrick due to his army code tapping and distraught reaction to Zoom being referred to as Garrick. The question is will it be Teddy Sears under the mask, or John Wesley Shipp? I'm leaning towards the latter, his father never came back from the war and his mother stuck to her maiden name of Garrick. Flash Season 3 will basically be 'My Two Dads' with superpowers.

They better get Mick and Snart back for Season 3.

The hype died along with Eddie.

I would like to see a Flash who would be obsessed with the speed force, seeing it as a God or even a friend.
He would go full religious on it.

That's a character named Max Mercury.

Shark King episode was okay until the mandatory "whenever Felicity is not on screen, everyone should be asking 'where's Felicity'" moment, but was mostly filler that ultimately didn't matter. Plus I hated to find out that Arrow fucking killed off Amanda Waller that way, for a strict Flash watcher (dropped Arrow after season 3, god that season was B A D), that came out of nowhere and was another slap to the face of the TVverse like them killing Deadshot.

All in all once Flash and LoT wrap up, I think I'm done with the CWverse, because both were too shit to genuinely enjoy more than a few select scenes here and there and their central plots were weak at best, and poorly written, unengaging messes at worst. Like Arrow season 3, I feel I'm only watching them because I started them and have to get closure, not because I enjoy them. I should NOT have to constantly ponder WHY the main characters of these shows keep making the stupid, STUPID decisions they keep making, especially in Legends. It's a sign of a poor script that wasn't revised and thought out enough before getting rushed out to production.

There was a time that I would have strongly disagreed with that statement.

That time has passed.

Love that face HunterJay makes.

kek

I still don't get the "no good"
Like what the hell kind of response is that? It doesn't really sound good coming out of any kind of villain

My question is, What is the "darkness"?
He says to Barry in ep 18, "you can't stop the Darkness", then his eyes go back, gets his powers back, and goes after Barry.
There's something more to this besides him getting his speed from the E2 particle accelerator. It's obviously not a version of the Sped Force, so what is it?

And speaking of Darkness, where the hell is The Shade? He was a Flash villain. How cool would it be to see The Shade, hopefully based on the one James Robinson wrote in Starman, pop up in season 3?

My hype died after they took a break, gave me Eowells, and went on a break again. It just made me realise how bad Season 2's antagonist is and how lackluster the main cast is.

I'm literally the faggot fanboy who can't enjoy a series because their favourite character isn't around now.

>Jane the Virgin
That show is alright, I only watch it for base Jaime Camil, he's such an underrated actor.

Really, IMO, the reason why Zoom pales in comparison to Wells-obard is because Eobard was menacing, tactical, and had an actual, reasonable plan.

Zoom, like the rest of the crappy Arrowverse villains this year, has no real day-by-day plan and their big, overarching goal is ridiculous:

>hurr I'm gonna do bad thing because..... I are bad person durrrrrrrrrr

I mean, in a way (especially if for people like Sup Forumsmrades, who know the comics), Eobard was actually a hero in his mind, or at least someone forced to do a bad thing and perhaps get some revenge against a sworn enemey.

Zoom, Darhk, Savage....They're bad -- and, in particular, apocalypse levels of bad -- because they literally choose to be. The writing doesn't even call for some sort of subtext or some particular personal element to their evilness -- they keep committing evil acts and try to bring on the death and destruction of millions simply because they can.

And honestly, it's just boring. Who cares?

The key is that all of the shows have made it difficult to care about civilians, since each show has failed to create regular characters for us to follow (but more importantly, to CONTINUE following, even if their romantic relationships fail).

To me, Central City felt more "complete" in S1, and now in S2, there's no one to care about. In other words, if everyone in Central City died except for the STAR Labs crew + West-Allen family....would we as the audience really be at a loss? Probably the few characters who might be worthy of audience-tears are Dante, *maybe* Hartley, and **maybe** Captain Singh. But in each of those cases, they've been all but non-existent this season, and everyone else is either literally a non-character or out of the picture.

Eobard was probably the best villain of all of the Arrowverse so far, yet he had the smallest scope (take Barry's speed; kill him; go back to the future). The fact that his evilness extended only to characters we cared about made him even stronger.

This.

But if it's E3, then why are Barry and Iris still good?For pretty much every other character it works, but those two ruin it.

>Eobard was probably the best villain of all of the Arrowverse so far,
That's Malcolm Merlyn in the first season of Arrow.

I believe you mean Slade Wilson in season 2

>Cocky Barry
You have my attention CW don't fuck it up.

People are just being contrarians. Wait until the actual talkback thread. Sup Forums is still very much on the hype train. The faggots in this thread are not representative.

You aren't even fucking watching the show fuck off. Zoom literally succeeded in his plan not 2 episodes ago, then came up with a new plan when he decided he was obsessed with Caitlin.

I was never impressed by him all that much.
I mean, he was great as pre-Mirakuru island bro, but post-Mirakuru Slade was so damn dull to me. He felt like a retread of Merlyn with "my love died, better destroy the city" but with annoying super soldier serum insanity.

>Jaime Camil,
is he? What else in?

when he froze people to death before he made a deal with flash

>Is there still hype?
black siren is worth the watch, just to spite the olishitters

Snart will be back. Mick won't.

My theory is
- Henry dies tonight, having finally gotten his father to stay with him again, Barry loses him at the moment he's the most confident, a bold move to take down his new found beliefs.

- Jay Garrick is the man in the iron mask and is Henry's Earth-3 "doppelganger" which shocks Barry and the others and will shock the viewers since we will all see the real Henry die.

- Zoom is actually one person yes, but Hunter Zolomon is Jay Garrick's son a.k.a evil Barry we saw in the S1 finale.

Hunter's father the war hero was likely his step dad(hence why he beat up Hunter's mom and hated him), Hunter watched his father kill his mother/Barry watched his father go to prison for not being believed to have killed his mother.

The story is the same, Hunter is just Barry from Earth-3 but name changed to Hunter Zolomon because of all the adoption homes he's been passed through. He likely escaped prison via Eobard's idea of taking on someone else's persona and killing said person.

In closing I think Hunter is the evil Barry we saw in prison on the finale of Season 1, and Henry will be the man in the iron mask A.K.A Jay Garrick. Which makes a bit of sense but I might be wrong.

are you retarded we already know who wells from earth two is

Someone needs to take this scene and set it to AC/DC's Thunder and time it so that Barry gets hit right as he shouts "you've been... THUNDERSTRUCK"