Why does Disney hate the Muppets? They fucking bought them, and now won't do anything with them

Why does Disney hate the Muppets? They fucking bought them, and now won't do anything with them.

>Shitty made for tv specials and cameos
>lack luster movies.
>they finally get a new TV series
>cancel it after just one season
>refuse to release the 4th and 5th season of the original Muppet Show on DVD.

>muppets
>co

I just came to this thread so I could post another Godzilla face.

I am satisfied.

friends close and enemies closer?

I'm sure they're working on their Henson Cinematic Universe as we speak

>faggot
>you

Muppets, or puppets in general, are considered Sup Forums and Sup Forums.

Can this be a Godzilla thread now?

Abc cancelled the show cause of low ratings

Just when it started to be good?

>Shitty made for tv specials and cameos
When did this happen?

Mr. Godzilla, you and Kermit go way back. What's your opinion on Disney canceling The Muppets?

>But I liked it!
Ratings were still in the gutter.

Lady Gaga's Thanksgiving starring the Muppets.
Muppets Letters to Santa
Muppets Wizard of Oz
It's a Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie.

>People complain it wasn't Muppets or the Muppet Show
>By the last few episodes, they start acting more like the original muppets
>Nope. Tobad, canceled.

>yfw Joel went to the Jim Henson Company for an idea for Noggin.
>It was canceled by Nick before the pilot started

If you wanna get technical Fox and MGM made those last two, Disney just distributed them

Disney's run on the Muppets doesn't seem very good.

Perhaps Disney assumes people don't care enough about them, rather than coming to the obvious conclusion of "Maybe it's OUR fault and we need to do better." This is what happened with Looney Tunes after "LT Back in Action" bombed. WB blamed the franchise instead of the people in charge, it seems to be a common bitch move for corporations.

TLDR: Disney's fucking up and their blaming the franchise for it. Just a theory.

Fuck yeah! Godzilla thread!

So hyped for Resurgence!

Sadly Godzilla Oblivion is mediocre as fuck

>godzilla
>muppets
>co

I have to admit, that got a smile out of me.

I got to see the original Godzilla (Japanese version) at a theater last year. Great experience. The crowd was really into it too.

Muppets are Sup Forums.

Are you new here?

what's Godzilla Oblivion?

Back in Action was good though

no they aren't you faggot they're Sup Forums

Doesn't changed the fact that it didn't do well.

Puppets are counted as Sup Forums.

it's not exactly disney's fault they dont know how to run something that was literally kept alive by the blood of men now dead. the new series was BAD until they changed showrunners, which made it better. better, but.. if they didnt cancel it, they'd have shareholders on their ass asking why they didnt cancel it right away

executives never recognize their own faults or failures, it's always someone else's fault. you dont get to be an executive without learning how to point the crosshairs at everyone around you

inb4

>HAHAHA I WAS JUST CHOOSING TO BE RETARDED FUNNY AM I RITE GUISE?

>Lackluster movies

Opinion disregarded!

They'd have to buy out the rest of the Henson company first. Disney only owns the Muppets and Bear in the Big Blue House

And that's the problem right there: The Jim Henson Company's been creatively adrift without the engine that was the Muppets driving them. All their attempts at mature-audience aimed puppetry have either failed or just been dragging their heels. Their efforts to do new stuff with the Creature Shop movies and Fraggle Rock IP outside comic licensing haven't gone anywhere either. It'd be like if Lucasfilm sold only Star Wars to Disney and tried to keep the company going exclusively on Willow spinoffs.

On the flip side of the coin, Disney doesn't know what to do with the Muppets, but with the full resources of the Henson company including the family, they might be able to chart a course for the Muppets and make some sweet ass animatronics-laden fantasy films instead of a gazillion live-action cartoon remakes.

To be fair, I think part of the problem is that the Muppets have become difficult to market. Younger audiences don't really care that much about them, so you're really just left with people who grew up with some version of them. They don't have the same wide appeal they used to.

WHO CARES WHAT THAT FAG THINKS, WE THINK ITS AN AWFUL THING!

new comic series by IDW

Why doesn't Disney get Jason Segel to write another movie? The one he did was great.

I didnt much care for most wanted.

So Muppets are dead, huh? Good.

Fun as his movie was, it was just a self-insert fanfic circlejerking over how great the original Muppet Show was but focused entirely on him and Walter. At least Most Wanted was actually about the Muppets, but it suffers from the same issue of being a Muppet Show Movie.

The strength of the original trilogy and the Brian Henson Muppet movies are that they aren't just "The Muppet Show: The Movie". They exist independently from the show and take the characters on adventures in a larger world.

If I wanted to see them relive the Muppet Show, I'd watch an actual Muppet Show. But then when we got a new Muppet Show, it had a clumsy meanspirited relationship drama focused start and didn't get its shit together until midway through but by then it was apparently too late.

Well, the new MST3K reboot has a Muppet performer preforming Crow.

>Why does Disney hate the Muppets? They fucking bought them, and now won't do anything with them.
Really? I feel like they shove the Muppets everywhere.

the same thing will happen to Marvel