DC REBIRTH

DC Rebirth speculation

What did y'all think of the solicits today

Other urls found in this thread:

newsarama.com/28585-dc-comics-full-june-2016-solicitations.html
newsarama.com/28896-dc-comics-full-july-2016-solicitations-rebirth.html
newsarama.com/29306-dc-comics-august-2016-solicitations.html
dccomics.com/blog/2016/05/16/speeding-ahead-joshua-williamson-leaps-aboard-the-flash
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Will Deathstroke finally be good?

if Priest can't do something with Deathstroke, I don't know who can.

I hope this reboot is the last for a while.

Seriously, 15 years should be the minimum.

it's not a reboot, how many times does geoff have to say it?

He needs to prove it

i'm mad about GL

Care to be more specific?

The proof is that literally every solicit continues from the current continuity so there you go.

Whats going to happen to all the ongoings?

Still upset the only Superbook I kind of want to read is New Super-Man. I deserve more than that.

newsarama.com/28585-dc-comics-full-june-2016-solicitations.html
newsarama.com/28896-dc-comics-full-july-2016-solicitations-rebirth.html
newsarama.com/29306-dc-comics-august-2016-solicitations.html

It's not a reboot they're just changing major things, retconning stuff, shifting focus, rebranding people and calling it fucking Rebirth. Not a reboot, though, that's heresy.

Do you not count Super Sons as a super-book?
And the Actions Comics story looks interesting.

They just seem so lackluster and I can't fathom why Venditti is still on a GL book

GLs just sounds like a rehash of Soule's last RL arc, Simon shouldn't be painted as a total rookie because he was Earth's only GL for like two years, HJGLC sounds like it's going to spend a bunch of time explaining how the GLC came back to the main universe even though it's a boring mystery, and I am still extremely skeptical about how they're going to fit Hal, John, Guy and Kyle into one book

I don't think reboots traditionally add things back into continuity.

reboot: starting completely new, nothing from the past i.e: new 52

relaunch: ending the current line of books and relaunching them at a new #1 i.e: what marvel has been doing the past few years and what DC is doing now

>that feelio when no Cyborg in August solicits

Goddamnit, the underwhelming sales and lack of pre-order interest for it must have made DC pull out. I can't really blame them, either. But a new run would've been nice.

Of course, that's assuming the worst case scenario of it getting cancelled. An appearance in the September solicitations is likely, but...I don't know. I kind of doubt they'll make it a monthly (said this before, but basically, if a book sells bad as a biweekly, it'd probably sell even worse as a monthly).

I'm doubtful, desu.

>changing major things
How does this count as "rebooting"?
>retconning stuff
What is being retconned? Do you know?
>shifting focus
How does this count as "rebooting"? And what "focus" is being shifted?
>rebranding people
Who is being rebranded?
>calling it fucking Rebirth
...which is based off of GL Rebirth and Flash Rebirth, neither of which were reboots.

My lads:
>Aquaman
It's a repeat arc, we just had "people see Arthur in the wrong light and he is treated as a villain". Yawn.
>Flash
Just cancel the book. I used to fucking love this character.

When the fuck are they going to tell me who the Joker really is so I can bitch about them giving him a true origin story?

Flash actually has me hyped. I think Williamson finally said the "big" thing I wanted him to say:

dccomics.com/blog/2016/05/16/speeding-ahead-joshua-williamson-leaps-aboard-the-flash

>Q: There have been a lot of speedsters over the years in the pages of The Flash. It feels like you’re fully embracing this tendency with this series—is that deliberate?

>A: Yeah. I love the Flash and I’ve wanted to write the Flash for a long time. There are a bunch of different Flash stories I’ve wanted to tell, and one of the notes I had for myself was “no more speedsters.” I wanted to just stick to Barry, and I had this whole thing planned out. But then I had a moment when I was looking at that note, and I realized that I was wrong. Sometimes you’ve got to flip the switch, right?

>I love the Flash family, and I liked the idea of there being a bunch of them. So I thought, “Let’s do a lot. Let’s just do a whole lot of them.”
>I believe that the questions we ask, the characters should also ask. Why is Barry Allen the best? I was able to dive into that with all of these speedsters.

If Williamson has figured out a way to answer "why is Barry the *true* Speed Force speedster?", then that's more than enough reason to be hyped.

I'm not going to argue I just want to let you reboot deniers know that I was also told on this board - vehemently - that the new52 wasn't a reboot, either. Just accept it. It's OK. Marvel does it, too, and their readers deny it at first as well.

>I'm so dumb that I don't understand definitions of words.

Thanks for playing, friend.

He is saying the right things but his solicits don't read very well at all. We had random speedsters in the Daniel West arc and a new speedster villain is now the story for the 4th or 5th arc in a row. Not to mention it looks like more speedforce fuckery.

So Superman is getting replaced by earth 2 Superman who is coming to the main universe with lois and his son right.
Dident earth 2 Lois die?

the artist posted a panel from Cyborg last week, pretty sure they just delayed it.

Since when has Johns needed to restart a universe in order to retcon the shit out of a character? (Granted, it is not neccesarily a good thing). But my point is, individual characters are retconned all the time by writers without most people noticing. It does not neccesarily mean this is a reboot. It's being compared to what they did with Green lantern mythos a few years back. Only that this time it is universe wise.

>earth 2 Superman
pre-Flashpoint.

Fucking multiverses man

Not Earth-2, he's been dead for a while.
Post-Crisis, Pre-Flashpoint Clark and Lois are the new focus.

No, by the grace of god Earth 2 Superman is finally being allowed to rest in peace.

Though the rest of his universe continues to suffer in what might genuinely be the worst comic book DC has ever published. Unless Society got REALLY fucking good after I dropped it.

The new 52 remade the entire universe, thought. So did ANAD. people would have to be stupid to not realize that's a reboot. The same can't be said about rebirth (yet).

>Titans solicit
As the Titans prepare to do the unthinkable in order to defeat the intergalactic demon that stole time itself from the DC Universe.

Time fuckery is what caused Flashpoint and it could be more of the same here.

It's not amazing yet, but Abnett has turned it around.
If the next arc continues the trend, then it's going to be as good as Robinson again, ad it's as good as Taylor again.

Auctualy I thought that universe just doesent really existed any more is it more fucking time fuckery man

if you like his interviews, but solicits aren't making you wanna read, read it anyway. I believe only indy books have solicits written by the writer. I think the editors write dc/marvel solicits

I really should get around to reading flashpoint

The fact that Doctor Fate will be chugging along has renewed my interest in picking up it's trades.

Right now, Blue Beetle, Wonder Woman and Deathstroke have me most interested, with Hellblazer close behind.

I'm going to pirate it all and trade buy what I like. I like the idea of rewarding good content only.

The only thing I'll ever pull blind is Red!Wally.

I'm still pretty new to comics, so didn't know that about editor/writer writing solicits.

I'm going to pirate it all and then bitch about 90% of them on Sup Forums as if I'd spent money on them.

I mean you still wasted time on them so you're entitled to bitching if you did actually read them.

>ad it's as good as Taylor again
but his run was awful

That only applys if it's spectacuraly bad otherwise piracy takes away half your right to complain

If you pay you do get to complain about time wasted as well though

>It brings back what has been lost, the legacy of the characters
Then why do they keep trying to get rid of the fucking trunks if they want to maintain legacy

what do superman's shorts have to do with legacy

>Why is Barry Allen the best? I was able to dive into that with all of these speedsters.

Well, that pretty much killed any interest I had in Williamson's Flash.

Has somebody compiled all this shit in one place. Tryna make a pull list.

>Jim Lee

Super Sons will probably get solicited with the Superbooks as all SuperBat books do, but I don't really count it as one. I'm also not excited for it without creative team info.

>Superfags are the only one getting theri Pre 52 hero back
>they will still complain no stop about being mistreated

That is a reference to Titans Hunt not Rebirth.

getting rid of the boots is worse than getting rid of the trunks imo

>t-they're still there, just blue now!

yes and so are the trunks, but it's shit

What good is having him back if he's in shitty stories again like he was in the last year or two pre-Flashpoint? I didn't buy that shit and I'm not buying this shit either

It has a spoiler not to read it before rebirth because they are tied together.

Renumbering confuses the average non-comic reader. This is why Marvel's policy of launching a new #1 issue every six months is so popular. People think it's something big and will be worth a lot in 10 years when all it is in reality is simply polished shit

They dident need this convoluted shit just make minor adjustments to his personality

Post-Crisis Clark isn't gonna last and everyone should see that coming already. Final Days of Superman is just setting up a Reign of the Supermen remake with Clark Classic, Chinese Superman, Superwoman, Super Lex, and that solar energy creature that's going around being a dick. A year from now New 52 Clark will be back in the suit and chumming it up with the Justice League again.

>A year from now New 52 Clark will be back in the suit and chumming it up with the Justice League again.

And if Tomasi and Jurgens are still writing the books I won't be reading it regardless

Don't forget Cyborg SM and fucking Eradicator with his Classic Reign look with the visor and shit.
Henshaw's not Cyborg SM but maybe they'll change that soon. He was in the L&C mini.

>And the Actions Comics story looks interesting
Seriously nigga?

Artist posted this on Facebook a few days ago.

I want them to go full Reign

If Wally ain't coming back I ain't buying.

Is that Pre52 Shaved Soup or New52 2cool4school Soup

that's clearly new 52, you can tell by the shield on the cuffs and excessive lines

Will Conrad, yeah

But it's kind of interesting... His sketch of Cyborg that he posted had the tag of "#JusticeLeague". No big deal, right?

But then there's your panel. Plus, he didn't mention that it's for Cyborg, and it clearly has Superman, big and bold on it (and the main character of a book being a small figure in a panel with another hero? that just doesn't happen in the first 2-3 issues of a series). Admittedly, it could be because he's Brazilian and there's a language barrier, and he's therefore not being sneaky or anything.

Still, part of me thinks it could be Justice League America, presumably with Johns as the writer (and perhaps Semper still on board, too).

Wait were there auctualy people that denied new 52 was a reboot.

To me it looks like it's just part of a flashback panel and probably nothing major

Didn't Batman, GL and other character whose name I can't remember continued with the same continuity until they retconned the necesary stories to make them fit into the new continuity?

Yep. Everything is condensed now.
Batman's timeline is still silly.

The Action Comics stories are going to be Doomsday and Eradicator. So everything you really loved about the 90s (except, of course, the iconic uniform) will be back.

>nobody posted solicits this week
Uh why?

Thread is archived.