Would Korgoth of Barbaria been a good series?

Would Korgoth of Barbaria been a good series?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yoxMiZxN-F0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

For people who never saw the pilot:
youtube.com/watch?v=yoxMiZxN-F0

>here's your beer korgoth last freebie for the month okay

>Korgoth of Barbaria
It was worth a shot.

I always thought the artstyle looked like a darker version of Flapjack.

It reminds me of a mix between Flapjack and Superjail.

Loved the pilot. Might have made a great mini-series. I think sustaining multiple seasons might have been a tough order to deliver.

I wanted this show to get picked up so bad.

this

Really depends on their approach for story. If it was nothing but disconnected episodes (think ATHF) then I don't believe it would work. If they had an overarching story, with each episode being satirizing some aspect of "Heavy Hetal" style fantasy - that would work. Maybe that wizard would be a recurring antagonist similar to the Monarch but slightly more competent.

You're gonna see a whole new spectrum of cancellation, like a RAINBOW

good? son it would have been the glorious offspring of heavy metal and the not yet born adventure time. if you can imagine that.
alas, it'll never be

Considering the little we got it would have been a good series, a small run but still good

Hopefully Billy Dilley is good: Merriwether Williams (who wrote the outlines for most of Springer and Greenbatt's classic SpongeBob episodes) is writing for the show

I dont see why people liked this. I didnt laugh, I didnt feel, I didnt hype, it was just sort of mindless tv watching.

Maybe its just not my thing.

>you'll never get to watch this for the first again
At least I still have my memory.

So much has changed in the last 10 years. Remember what you were doing in 2006, Sup Forums?

It was just a Ren & Stimpyized version of Samurai Jack for the edgemaster-crowd. It was FUCKING AWESOME and I'd love to watch more of it

>Remember what you were doing in 2006, Sup Forums?
I was finishing school, playing lots of WoW and overall setting myself on a pit.
Many regrets were had but it ultimately led me to you guys, for whatever that's worth.

>It was just a Ren & Stimpyized version of Samurai Jack for the edgemaster-crowd.
I'm glad you liked it but describing it in that way trivializes it. That's not necessary in the slightest.

... wow.. absolutely nothing has changed. everything i've done since then has been erased.

This is much better than I remember.

welp finally watched it, gotta admit i'm disappointed.I'd heard about this for a while, just never take the time to see it. Honestly i expected more tits, but it was pretty funny. 6 or 7/10, would use as basis for a setting when i dm a joke campaign. Probably would not watch if we had more of it.

Why are we still here? Just to suffer?

The main character didn't talk or have personality. The show couldn't have had a serial arc without adding support characters which kind of clashes with the little characteristic we got for the main character and the episodic formula of him going around getting into places and killing would have run its course quickly.

I feel like the denial of this show was the last straw where most just went "well fuck it I'll just pretend to make cartoons for kids but float around that weird line" just so they could at least get a budget for animation.

>Remember what you were doing in 2006

Surviving, 10 years later i still haven't given up on life.

That was the last year before my alcoholism went from party hard to serious problem.

Probably not. Things are often not green-lit for a reason. There have been a lot of shows that had a solid pilot and then sucked shit for the rest of the series. This was probably denied because someone knew they didn't have enough ideas.

A lot of the crew on it (including aaron springer himself) worked on Samurai Jack

I watched that when it first aired on the 'net. Now that I watch it again, the gorey humor sort of reminds me of Superjail.

actually I've heard that they initially greenlit it but canceled in before production could start because it turned out to be too expensive to produce

maybe you're just a worthless piece of shit