Yes.

Certainly.

yup

No
...I mean, yes.

yes

no

actually yes

Bendis is writing this. Of course it's shit. It might even be worse than the first Civil War.

Bendis?

Everything Civil War related has always been shit, except for its parodies.

It's being published after 2012 isn't it.

The comic book writer?

>Axel Alonso: "Secret Wars" was a fundamentally Marvel Universe event -- a deep-dive into Marvel mythology and history -- and we planned it for years. What distinguishes "Civil War II" from "Secret Wars" is there's a metaphor at its core that speaks to one the most prevailing issues of the day, something that everyone is aware of and talking about. And we didn't spend years planning it -- in fact, we weren't even planning on doing a "Civil War II." It came about because I was discussing the upcoming "Civil War" movie with my boss, Dan Buckley, over lunch, and we pondered what issue or question would provide the fulcrum for a story of that scope today. It was a hypothetical conversation. I took those seeds of that conversation to Brian Bendis and Tom Brevoort and we watered them a little, and a story emerged that showed enough potential that we invited Dan, Joe Quesada, Mark Paniccia, Nick Lowe, Steve Wacker, Sana Amanat and C.B. Cebulski to give us feedback. We grew that idea across several emails and there eventually came a point when Dan called it: "You know, what this is, right? This is 'Civil War II'." [Laughs]

>And with that, Marvel had its next big event after Secret Wars. One of the biggest hurdles, though, was time; this conversation occurred not years ago, but mere months. The length of preparation typically required for a major comic-book event was not an option.
>“This was not like [the first] Civil War or Secret Wars, where we planned for a couple of years,” Alonso told The Post’s Comic Riffs. “We’ve been planning this for maybe three or four months.”
>Alonso said that though such a quick turnaround is rare, the chance to have a jump-on point for potential new readers — following the debut of this May’s “Captain America: Civil War” film — was an opportunity that couldn’t be missed.

>bendis in general

It is absolutely going to be shit.

Yes it will be Age of Ultron comic event bad but it will sell like diamonds.

Holy shit it will be bad.

It most definitely going to be shit but I would look forward to seeing how Al Ewing makes a work of art out of a portion of that shit.

>might even be worse
His X-men was the worst, it beat Chuck Austin.
The problem is that it is not even so bad it is worth a story time, perhaps a story time of pain, it is because he really does not know how to write but a small cast of characters, and the man loves decompression, but he went from decompression to launching comics without a story arc to go with it, his x-men run ended on a whimper and most of the plot threads were left hanging abruptly, he could not even get to Axis by the time SW was half way done. Oh and to top it, the stuff he write is often the dumbest shit you have ever read.

SO basically when all of it is out you will have to skim through it to find the real awful, chuckle worthy parts, which I am gonna guess will involve Bendis Talk and / or recycled panels.

Every time I think about the amount of trees that were wasted on Bendis comics makes me very sad.

I will personally murder everyone who buys this trash at my LCS. By the time the cops arrive I will be soaked in the blood of the Bendisites, sitting atop a mountain made of their corpses.

So whats the next big event called?

Since it's marvel I'm guessing they've already revealed it.

>he went from decompression to launching comics without a story arc to go with it

Same shit with his GotG, it relies on moments and "funny gags" and other Bendisms but at the end of the day NOTHING

He also overhypes shit, like the Knowhere Corps he overhyped them on his tumblr to get DnA fags to pick it up (I hope they didn't) but when the issue arrived the KC just show up for a page and leave and for whatever retarded reason they were upset at the Guardians (we don't know why and he never bothers to tell us).

Also his Accuser OC had the most dumbass plan and she came in and went like nothing.

His big bad villain he hyped like crazy, who knows WTF happened to him, no one cares.

Also overdramatic shit after overdramatic shit.

First one was a mess, why should this be any different?

Death of X, then Annihilation II.

It's really quite remarkable. They're outright admitting that its a hastily thrown together cash grab, and yet trying to spin it as a positive thing.

I just hope its not boring shit like Age of Ultron was

The one thing that failed with GotG was the complete lack of interest in developing the plot. I mean, I could even buy his new OP villains. I could even buy them beating Gamora and being the last Kree and all that. What I can't buy is that, after all the stuff he had her doing, after the long speeches and the beating of Gamora and how Gamora herself build her reputation as incredibly powerful, she's beat by a few punches of the Thing and some shots from Rocket. All resolved in the last part of an issue. The last shot we have of her is literally crawling. The being so powerful to beat cosmic Gamora was crawling to escape after a few hits. Bendis doesn't respect his own characters he just live for the small moments. It's the equivalent of the worst movies like Transformers or Age of Ultron that just need excuses for big shots and destruction. He left all his incredibly good ideas half assed. Like, the guy had good ideas or at least ideas that could turn into something good, ideas that in the hands of a good writer could turn into masterpieces. Now, we're having a story that's the soon to be know as a perfect example of 'launching comics without a story arc to go with it'

It'll be the same with Civil War II

Yes, Bendis. The comic book writer named Bendis.

""""""""""""""""writer""""""""""""""""""""

It's trying to capitalize on a shitty event, and a modern movie that has almost nothing to do with that shitty event and almost certainly does everything better than either event (other than, y'know, being an actual "civil war").

So... yeah.

At least Marquez is on art, I guess.

>Killing off the She-Hulk
Yeah, probably.

Nah, She-hulk is getting arrested for murder. Rhodey is the one dieing.

>Using cheap stunt deaths as an excuse for drama
Still not seeing the positive, user.

Didn't she die from a missile to the boob?

Nope, just knocked out.

Bendis' Original Sin X-Men tie in was a nightmare.

It was 9 issues of a shitty story that was immediately undone by time travel shenanigans and Tempus' heel turn has never been acknowledged.

That's like asking if water is wet.

I'm hoping it's Fear Itself bad.

Like mighty avengers

>Nah, She-hulk is getting arrested for murder

Who the fuck did she kill? I don't know much about the character outside of her early comics, but she really doesn't seem like one who kills at all considering how close she is to the law. Was this part of Homer's vision/Carl's inevitable third Reich?

Do we know what Death of X is yet? They're not trying to shoot off the X-Men into their universe out of spite, are they?

Probably Bruce.

Can't wait, who's dead She Hulk or Rhodey or will we even get to the FCBD issue

It's amazing that he was able to make the FCBD issue make some semblance of sense in Ultimates. It doesn't make the issue good but at least it's not a bunch of nonsense thrown together anymore.

Buying it for the art.

I'd prefer age of ultron bad, now THAT was a clusterfuck.

I mean the whole Morgan La Fey ruling the world with a army of dragons in an Age of Apocalypse looking alternate reality that came from killing Pym was hysterical.

>Sequel to an already terrible event
>Literally months of planning as opposed to the years that generally go into a big event
>Bendis

You know the answer

Don't be part of the problem. Just read the storytime.

Can someone explain to me the point of trying to sell something based off Civil War to capitalize on Captain America: Civil War and have the core fight be between fucking Captain MARVEL and Iron Man?

>Implying Marvel puts years into their event
If they do, then it's just under two judging by some of the stuff before the first CW.

Marvel is run by petty children, so I wouldn't put it above them

They want Carol to be part of a trinity with Captain America and Iron Man just like how DC has it's trinity.

They figure it will sell on name alone and Iron Man being central will be enough for the normies while they also get to plug Captain Marvel™ and build her brand - a sisyphean task they have been at for god knows how many years at this point, but believe they can accomplish now with the power of Disney marketing and movie magic.

Hyping up Carol's movie for casuals

Marvel, the house of idea's!

All signs point to Bruce.

>shafting 4 out of 5 original Avengers like that
>pushing facial hair bro

This. They're playing two games at once: coasting off of the name recognition the movie has given them, while using that to build name recognition for a future movie property.

From now on, everything at Marvel is either using movies to sell comics, or trying to use comics to sell movies.

I can get everything but Hulk being burned? Nah.

But Thor is already that trinity?

Nigga has a third movie coming out next summer.

Magic fire.

Technically the Avengers as a team did have a "big three" in the past of Captain America, Iron Man, and Thor kinda. Thor just never caught on when the other two went off to bigger things.

Not to mention they want an iconic woman, Thor can't fit that role.

>Not to mention they want an iconic woman
And unfortunately their most iconic woman was a married milf on a completely separate, and often better written team.

Sue? Really? Nah. I mean, she's up there but... nah.

Sue isn't an independent character though. Carol has been on her own for the longest time now.

Yeah, I know. Wonders what I learned from card game, desu.

marvel's gotta hype their precious mary sue nobody cares for her movie

also, sure its cap's film being advertised; but did his movies made bilions of dollars? no? i thought so...
t. marvel

But user said Iconic, lets be honest, until Marvel Now happened and they started "appealing" to broader audiences how many female super heroes on marvel's roster do you think an average non-reader could name.

She was pretty much one of the most established women marvel ever created, and one of the first to go from being an Invisible girl to an Invisible WOMAN.

Storm

I'm honestly hyped for this storytime, I'm ready to tear this shit a new one with the rest of Sup Forums. Storytimes of garbage are always more fun than good ones. See also: Storytime of Pain.

Why is Star-Lord an Avenger? Why is Wasp Captain Marvel? Who knows!

Still this looked kind of cool, too bad Bendis wasted it.

>Sue
>most iconic

At least 3 X women are more iconic and popular than her.

Just as long as you don't buy it or buy into Marvel's plan of pissing people off for sales.Be smart, not a shill

SAVE STORM.

The commentary is the fun part, not the comic itself. I'm not going to pay $5 (I can't believe they're getting away with charging that much for this shit) for a poorly written piece of shit to laugh at it.

>Avenger
Defender.

>Annihilation II
Please tell me you're joking...

>A marvel event

Gee, I dunno OP

Written by Bendis.

Will it be able to top this gem?

Sorry, how bout I try to make you feel better.

Annihilation II: Electric Bug-aloo.

Get it, cause Annihilus is a bug

Ha ha no, nothing could be as bad as that shameless corpse-raping cash-grab.

It's a Bendis event based off a bad movie that was based off an alright book. It's going to be soooo bad

>corpse-raping
Literally no one involved in the original was dead when BW came out.

>Civil War 1
>Anything but absolute garbage

Firestar

>liking the Civil War comic more than the movie
In a startling turn of events, this is the Wrong opinion

I think he was talking about Minority Report?

Oh, my bad

I want to cry.

I meant the book the Minority Report movie was based off of, not Civil War 1
See above Civil War was a fucking amazing movie, loved Dat Spidey.

>Bendis
>Doing an event comic who title just so happens to run concurrently with the MCU's slate

What do you think?

Is Hawkeye edited? Surprising to not see his Ultron tearing him apart, knowing how Bendis loves him.

I love how this whole event is predicated on the conceit that we ignore all instances of mutant precogs and time-travelers

Hey, Bendis' Age of Ultron had fuck all to do with MCU's Age of Ultron...

Civil War: Frontline was good

You think that's bad? Carol and the rest of the Ultimates just learned that time is wonky in 616 and the past and future are subject to change from Galactus. Sure she thought it was nonsense personally but other members are on her team too.

Moore was dead

in his soul

It just occurred to me that the bulk of "Civil War II"'s release schedule is going to be well after the honeymoon of "Captain America: Civil War"'s release in theaters.

That's some poor-ass planning.

Yeah. And Marvel planned Deadpool vs Gambit because of movie.
That's not appearing.

Okay that movie was great though, so you're still wrong.

But user, Thor is a woman. :^)