WHOA

WHOA

I wonder how many writers had been writing him this way before he came out.

>Editorial told me that if I don't toe this line I'm never working on another Marvel book ever again and I'm not famous enough to risk it

/thread

Why do these people think Iceman is gay? What is this based on?

Because all I'm coming up with is him being the only one of the original team who didn't want to bone Jean. If that's the actual reason then it's fucking stupid.

he wanted to bone polaris

She hasn't done a Marvel book in years, bro.

Honestly if any of the original X-Men are gay it's Warren. Candy Southern is clearly a beard.

Iceman was being called a closet gay as far back as the old usenet days. Bendis just took a somewhat popular headcanon for x-men slashfic shippers and made it canon for attention.

Dude even Family Guy did a joke about Iceman being gay years before Bendis made it canon.

>Iceman was being called a closet gay as far back as the old usenet days
but why? He hooks up with girls all the time

At the very least he should be bisexual

Holy shit this. Why can't he just be bisexual? If you're looking for more representation, then there are FAR less well-written bisexual men out there than there are gay characters. And making him bisexual doesn't negate the romantic relationships he's had in the past.

But there's nothing to back it up. It's not based on anything.

I don't really get it either. I'v been plowing through the first volume of X-factor and the stuff with Opal is not gay at all.

This is much more believable. It goes nicely with two things: Cameron Hodge's obsession with Warren and his rivalry/broship with Scott.

The reasoning was because all his relationships fell through, and that was enough to make the leap to "oh, well, his lack of commitment must be because he's gay."

>A fandom thinks a character is secretly gay
Well there's some solid proof. It's not like fandoms would just pull bullshit out of their ass because that's what they want to see.

I think it would be a bit too cliche to make the 'angelic character' gay. It's like the pastor who hires gay prostitutes.

>all his relationships fell through
That's like most comic characters if you give them enough time.

Wasn't really thinking of that angle. Good point about the cliche potential. Still, if I was doing an complete adaptation of the X-men franchise I would choose to make Warren gay rather than Bobby

Probably better to say all comic characters. How many main characters haven't been un-married?

Warren's straight as fuck. His obsession with Jean Grey is legendary as hell and Candy was his Maddie Pryor, except she got a fate worse than what happened to Maddie in terms of what Cameron Hodge did to her.

She's doing Han Solo

None

This. Literally no one would have had a problem if he'd been Bi. I know it's autistic as fuck, but It's the blatant disregard for previous continuity that really grinds my gears.
They could even have made Colossus Bi too, considering his Ultimate orientation. Could have made for a funny story seeing two of Kitty's ex-bf's doing the nasty with each other.

That is why she mind raped him into being gay, because she couldn't deal with him rejecting her because she was already passed around to the other 4 and Xavier.

what's stupid is they have had Beast joke about being gay and could have made him gay and nobody would have blinked an eye

Sauce?

Genuinely curious.

Everyone seems to conveniently forget that Iceman was totally freaked out as hell that his Defenders teammate Cloud, who Iceman was totally crushing on, turned herself into a guy to get Moondragon's affection.