Why was Russia the only post-Soviet state to adopt federalism...

Why was Russia the only post-Soviet state to adopt federalism? Don't they see that giving ethnic minorities autonomy will destroy their nation the same way it destroyed the Soviet Union?

Are Russians too kind for their own good?

Other urls found in this thread:

politikon.es/2012/04/18/comparando-la-descentralizacion-en-espana-y-otros-paises/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>the UK
>a unitary state
they're not federal either, but there should be a third category for them or something

>Spain
>not federal

Spanish Autonomies is the same with another name

And is the worst thing we made since democracy

You are in the same category as the UK
A country of kingdoms

That was because america-funded narional-minority politics wanted to do USSR 2.0, for themselves to rob.
And they succeeded.

Yes, UK's countries, Spain's Autonomous Communities and even some Italian Regions and China's Autonomous regions have a higher amount of legistative rights but they are still closer to unitary states than to federated ones

explain how Scotland is not more autonomous than a US or Mexican state

>not more
*less
I don't think they're more autonomous, just around the same

>Why was Russia the only post-Soviet state to adopt federalism?
Because it was a federation even in USSR?

Scotlands' special status is handed down.

I literally say that in my post mate.

>Don't they see that giving ethnic minorities autonomy will destroy their nation the same way it destroyed the Soviet Union?
Everybody know it.
>Are Russians too kind for their own good?
Russians are slaves who don't decide anything

well that's a good point, actually. Scotland has privileges, not rights.

Seems like you don't get it. By the constitution of USSR, it was a union of 15 states and only one of the states was already a federation. That's an answer to your question.

fucking commie government, federation of indonesia when

You know the states still have to go by federal law in the end right?

doesn't matter
unitary is shit

ah yes I understand now. thank you

>You know the states still have to go by federal law in the end right?
Not if their name is Chechnya:^)

federalism in Indonesia would eventually lead to a breakup along linguistic lines

Chechnya is ultimately ruled by federal bullets then

Actually, I want my island to be separated from the rest of Indonesia

Unitary states are superior. Prove me wrong.

Spain is one of the countries where regions have more self government

Elements to measure the shared or shared-rule government according to HMS.

Legislative capacity: The extent to which regional governors are involved when making state legislation. The criterion here is additive and adds up if the regions are the unit of representation, they designate representatives for some national chamber, the regions have the majority of the representation in some chamber and to what extent the chamber of the regions is more or less strong than the population chamber.
Executive control: This dimension analyzes to what extent the regional government co-determines national policies in intergovernmental meetings. The degree oscillates between the absence of this practice until it is required to make certain national executive decisions.
Fiscal control: The degree to which the regions co-determine national taxes. Again, the range ranges from having no influence to the veto power of the regions when setting taxes.
Constitutional reform: The extent to which the regions are involved in a constitutional reform. The range goes from the unilateral capacity to modify it from the central power until a majority of regions can oppose a veto to said reform.

>Chechnya is ultimately ruled by federal bullets then
Sure thing

Elements to measure self-government or self-rule according to HMS.

Institutional depth: This first element focuses on knowing if the regional government is autonomous or decentralized. The range ranges from regions lacking in general administration to regions with their own administrations not subject to the center's veto.
Policy scope: This second axis refers to the range of policies. The range goes in crescendo from having no scope of competence to having it on economic policy, education, welfare and immigration / citizenship, the latter considered already the maximum scale.
Taxation: The extent to which the government can tax autonomously. The range, again from less to more, goes from not having any tax until the regional government can autonomously establish the base and type of at least one of these taxes: IRPF, companies or VAT.
Representation: The extent to which a region has an independent legislature and executive. This indicator focuses on both parties depending on whether there are no such institutions, whether they are chosen indirectly from the center or directly by the citizens of the regions.

Source: politikon.es/2012/04/18/comparando-la-descentralizacion-en-espana-y-otros-paises/

That would be a good thing

Unitary states are good in certain circumstances. New Zealand can function as one, Australia literally wouldn't exist if it were proposed as a unitary state

Why?

>That would be a good thing
lmao you want west papua right?

"Australia" was made up of seven independently governed colonies in the 19th century, Western Australia, South Australia, Tasmania, Victoria, Queensland, New South Wales and New Zealand.
Back then there were strong rivalries between the colonies and people didn't really like people from other colonies (this is still a thing today). The colonies sans New Zealand and initially Western Australia chose to federate into a single country because of economic factors and national security, but people still viewed themselves as from their colony first, British second and Australian third. They would have refused to form a single country if it meant that they were governed under a unitary system and the colonies (which became the states) lost their autonomy

Nah, I'd just rather not have a developing nation filled with a ridiculous amount of angry manlets on my doorstep

this, i fucking hate those jakartabo and sundabo move to my island

>Australia
>not angry manlet

What Tajikistan and Uzbekistan? They have autonomous regions

I pretty sure map maker didn't cared enough to check them