Marvel is acting like AoS isn't MCU canon

>Marvel is acting like AoS isn't MCU canon

>Character got his own show
>Movies ignore the show
>Show's rating slowly slip
>Movies keep getting bigger
Did he exchange a walk on part in the war for a lead role in a cage?

>m-m-m-muuuh Coulson is alive bullshit
>not a gimmick to attract the tumblr crowd
>implying

That's what Pink Floyd meant when he said that. He was talking about Clark Gregg and the MCU. It all makes sense now

>that gif
Jesus christ

>Movies ignore the show
The movies ignore the show because the show has no bearing on the events of the movie, just like Thor 2 has no bearing on Civil War. Iron Man 3 has no bearing on GotG.

You're expecting every little nuanced thing to connect together when you're well aware that the logistical hardships of making a giant action movie don't really leave room for 'Oh, and we've got to have the TV show explicitly referenced at some point.'

What if Coulson is still dead? What is AoS takes place in purgatory?

This.

Anyone who comes up with the tired WHAT IF CHARACTER IS DEAD AND SHOW IS HELL shit should be beaten.

It looks more like hell than purgatory to me.

They still acknowledge each other. Thor 2 mentioned the Avengers. Cap 2 name drop Banner and Strange. IM3 acknowledges the Avengers. GotG has Thanos in it.

>it's another "people salty that all the cw shows turned to shit" episode
Fucking reruns.

Mephisto's realm?

Maybe Dr. Strange will set Coulson's soul free.

They did. Also, this thread isn't about that.

Yes, and? The show mentions and features things from the movies including the main character of the whole program. Just because they're interconnected doesn't mean one *has* to reference the other. Just like the newest issue of Spider-Man doesn't have to namedrop All New Wolverine. The two could potentially coincide, sure, but they don't have to because one has no bearing on the other. Just like the show and the movies.

>Yes, and?
Yes, and the movies never mention or acknowledge the show in anyway. That's 0 of 7 movies btw.

pretty much this

a tv show runs on a faster schedule so they can obviously name drop the movie shit in them but the movies go through a billion rewrites and drafts, it would be very difficult to use tv elements

it doesnt help that the show is more low scale so most events and characters are not really important enough anyways

technically they found Loki's staff because of SHIELD intelligence, but i dont remember if they explicitly said it in the movie

They don't need to. Did you not even read his post?

He wouldn't have been revived in the movies, so no.
AoS was basically all bonus for him.

>but i dont remember if they explicitly said it in the movie
It isn't.

Yes I did. The point isn't whether or not they have to. The point is they don't, and it's very strange that they don't. Even the MCU people pointing it out. AoS "cannoness" has come into question, and not just by the fans either.

post yfw Coulson dies at the end of AoS anyways. Never telling the Avengers he lived.

Closest you get to the movies referencing AoS is Fury talking about the helicarrier in AoU saying he "pulled her out of mothballs with a couple of old friends."

>The point isn't whether or not they have to. The point is they don't, and it's very strange that they don't.
How is it strange that multi-billion dollar action movies don't reference a comparatively low-budget espionage TV show? Beyond that, why *should* they reference it? To reassure fans that it's canon? That's retarded.

>AoS "cannoness" has come into question, and not just by the fans
No, it really hasn't.

>why *should* they reference it?
Why create the canon if they're not going to use it? Why create canon shows and not show they're canon? A AoS MCU movie reference is overdue.

>No, it really hasn't.
You mustn't have seen the other threads.

>tfw no Daredevil or Kingpin in Spider-Man: Homecoming

>Why create the canon if they're not going to use it?
They do use it, when one aspect of the franchise has bearing on the other. See the Daredevil reference to the motorcycle gang from AoS, for instance. That made sense. The canon does not exist to have references thrown around for the sake of reaffirming that there is a canon.

>Why create canon shows and not show they're canon?
They *do* show they're canon within the show itself. Again, just because one doesn't reference the other doesn't mean it's excluded from the overarching canon.

>You mustn't have seen the other threads.
I do not measure the weight of MCU canon based on Sup Forums threads.

>I do not measure the weight of MCU canon based on Sup Forums threads.
I'm not talking about the Sup Forums threads. Lurk more. I got to go to sleep, so I can't spoon feed you. Just Google it.

>I'm going to dodge your comment, throw in a jab about 'spoon feeding' so I don't have to back up my claim, and then pretend to go to bed so I can have some form of high ground on my anime image board
Nighty night, user.

Didn't fury use some AoS gadget gadget in Winter Soldier to escape after his SUV was attacked? My memory is hazy, so it's probably wrong. Guess I'll rewatch it.

>showrunners are literally kept up to date ahead of the movies to make sure the show lines up with them both before and after.

Why would marvel studios bother if the show wasn't Canon?

I wouldn't particularly mind if the shows go unmentioned, it's just that this inhuman thing in AoS is kind of a big deal

Canon is such a stupid concept.

>yfw the movies reference the Netflix shows characters before AoS

>That's what Pink Floyd meant when he said that.
>when he said that.
>he
I almost didn't catch the image name, user. Well played.

>Series ends
>we see Mephestio laughing and clapping his hands

Are you that fucking autistic that you need everything referenced by name in every other medium?

Do you honestly want a "BATTLE OF NEW YORK" situation repeated over every fucking MCU movie?

why was captain america, black widow, or hawkeye never in AoS? What is nick fury now doing and why isnt he in anything?

>Are you that fucking autistic that you need everything referenced by name in every other medium?
Did you read the post you quoted? I'm arguing AGAINST that very scenario.

In the words of a great poet, you must always write with a pen. To think that the engineers of the bell towers, all the Chinese cobblers, followers of Falstaff all have to look upon the sullen and depressive ways of the godless harpies that parade our world in their weary ways. We should unite against our fallen brother, live in peace, not hate. You are not cattle, you are human. Nature will root thyself upon your hearts' merry content and we'll find a way to say, "Banish plump Jack and banish all the world".

When we think that our days are numbered, let us think about our lives and how much wonder we've spread to others. When we look towards the seas and think of Cthulhu, we listen to the wails and pains, we shouldn't do that...

When we are saddened, it is our duty to make right. Falstaff would not want us sullen, he brought wisdom to his peers and that of the youth. He was the Plato of that Republic.

When we look at the seasons through their unravished ways. Their silence, their peace. The Spring gives us hope, the Summer lets us be free, Autumn lets us reflect, Winter lets us rest.

Our seas are sapphires, the greens of our planet are emeralds, our mountaintops glisten like the diamonds of old...

If you could truly see how much you are loved, by at least someone, how much joy you can bring to one person's life... then you'd never raise a hand in rage again...

Come, friends. We only live once, let us not waste the most precious gift we have.

Niggas still ain't reference Daredevil, Luke Cage, or Jessica Jones. And DD and JJ are actually decent, mediocre at least.

I ain't asking for Marvel to show footage of DD beating a nigga up in the movies all i'm asking is for niggas to at least say "Yea, there's a mother fucker running around in a red suit beating up on pieces of shits." Hell just have a news paper article hinting at daredevil hanging behind someone.

Damn...I ain't asking for much.