Is this show any good? How does it hold up to The New Batman Adventures, The Batman and Brave & the Bold?

Is this show any good? How does it hold up to The New Batman Adventures, The Batman and Brave & the Bold?

Better than animated series but not as good as Brave and the Bold. Alfred was cool in this, Batman was a detective and used gadgets. The villains were lesser known and used in interesting ways. It got canceled for no reason.

Literally the best version of Magpie.

Other than that, meh.

It seems to be a trend to cancel DC cartoons out of nowhere. FFS...

If people are inspired to be heroes, then they might change the world for the better. Can't have that now, can we?

Not as fun as Brave and Bold, not as in depth as The New Batman Adventures, and maybe kind of on par with The Batman.
It was cool, but some things didn't catch for some.
Didn't go for the more popular Batman villains, which made it new but also hurt it for popularity and advertisable moments, though it was hyping up Ra's. It was a show that rewarded sticking to it and giving it a chance.

Actually it was cancelled because nobody wanted to watch it.

It's a pretty fun show. The visuals are a bit bland, but the writing was pretty good and it did some new ideas while incorporating story arcs and continuity. If you're able to swallow visuals and some NOT MUH moments, you'll be fine.
It only got slightly lower ratings than GL:TAS. It wasn't doing bad for the slot they put it in.

It's the most boring of the Batman animated series. Don't let the hipsters on Sup Forums fool you. Even if CN didn't treat the show like nazis, it still would of been cancelled. The action was slow and boring. The designs were ugly. The villains were terrible. And the stories were boring.

Hard to see it when CN was screwing it over even worse than YJ.

I didn't hear a single good thing about it until after it was cancelled.

They really shouldn't have expected any better for a show whose whole gimmick was avoiding the villains people cared about. I can understand wanting to popularize some of the more obscure ones, but the best way to do that sure as shit isn't making them the focus of the whole series.

That's because no one cared about the show until CN raped it. It was a boring geneic Batman action show (like The Batman) that would have been forgotten if CN didn't mistreat it.

Well GL also didn't do well enough to stay on the air very long, so that's not saying much for the shows performance

Yeah, that definitely killed any interest people have in it. People like Batman partly because of his villains. If you don't have them, you really shouldn't even bother.

Indeed

It's not really relevant in the end since CN was intending on killing it. Premiere was announced a week before, only one commercial, no reruns, pulled almost right away, selling the rights while it was still airing, etc.

It could've been filled with all the classic rogues and it still would've died.

Yes user, of course it's relevant. Batman's major foes are almost as popular as he is, and an incredibly large part of his appeal. The average viewer doesn't know or give a shit about villains like Magpie, Prof. Pyg, Toad, and Anarky. They want Joker, Riddler, Two-Face, all that jazz. Couple that with an all around unappealing visual style, the climate around Warner Bros./Cartoon Network at the time, and you have a show that was destined to fail.

Don't forget that boring Tron guy who controlled people. What a lame villain.

Fair enough. It felt like CN's relationship with DC was deteriorating at this point. YJ, GL:TAS, this, and the DC Nation block in general, so it wouldn't have mattered what they did.

The real question is why was 2013 the year of Batman Year One homages. Beware the Batman, Arkham Origins, and Zero Year all came out at around the same time in 2013 and all of them dealt with a young, fresh Bruce Wayne during his first year on the job, dealing with mostly C-list villains. I'd chalk it up to the 75th anniversary, but that wasn't for another year or so.

I watched through it all recently and it was absolutely dreadful.

It wastes every chance and character it gets, I don't even know why they used Pyg at all, Batman is a whiny child who gets no less than two people killed because of his stupid plans but is never called on it. Deathstroke is a anal devastated pussy who's made Alfred doesn't wuv him anymore and Anarchy is one of the worst villains Ive seen.

Katana is sufficiently sassy though. She was the only good thing about it but even she couldn't save it

These.
I think CN sabotaged it because they knew how terrible it was.

>Deathstroke is a anal devastated pussy who's made Alfred doesn't wuv him anymore

Considering the other versions of him were either MUH SHADO or getting beaten up by 10 year olds, he was fine.

>and Anarchy is one of the worst villains Ive seen.

Anarky was fun when he wasn't trying to one-up Batman and was just a smug motherfucker that just instigated stuff, sat back, and watched the fireworks. He was like Joker and Riddler, but without all the pretentious YOU COMPLETE ME shit that plagues Joker these days.

TTGo and 2016 PPG are still around, user.

Show was complete shit

It was boring as all hell
Pyg might as well not even have been have been Pyg, why the fuck was Pyg a god damn environmentalist?
It had cheap CGI character models
Gotham had, at most, 6 people in it during any given scene
It was boring
Batman's voice sucked
It was fucking boring.

>Considering the other versions of him were either MUH SHADO or getting beaten up by 10 year olds, he was fine.

At least he was both scary and Ron Pearlman then. Id take that over beware's any day.

>He was like Joker and Riddler, but without all the pretentious YOU COMPLETE ME shit that plagues Joker these days.

So just write the Joker right and use the Riddler.

Anarcky was ALWAYS trying to one up batman or play some lame game. He came off as a child seconds away from a tantrum

It was better than The Batman.

no it wasn't. Beware the Batman didn't have anything as good as The Batman's Clayface. Or as good action.

You know the more I think of it "WHINY" is the best way Id describe the entire show.

Pyg is always WHINING about the enviornment
Humpty was WHINING about his toys
Deathstroke was WHINING about Alfred
Anarky WHINING about his "game"
Magpie WHINING about shiny shiny
Batman always WHINING about trust and going off on his oldest confidant over every imagined slight

>Pyg might as well not even have been have been Pyg, why the fuck was Pyg a god damn environmentalist?

He wasn't really an environmentalist. He and Toad were psychopaths using that as an excuse to wreak havoc and terrorize people. It was obvious, even more so by their final episode where they're mutating people and getting Toad a "wife".

>At least he was both scary and Ron Pearlman then. Id take that over beware's any day.

Are you referring to Arrow or Son of Batman. He was fine in Arrow sans his stupid motivation, but he was godawful in SoB. He got some cool moments in Beware, and it was more believable since Alfred ruined Slade's life twice. It wasn't so much just daddy issues as it was getting kicked out of the CIA and having his position as mercenary compromised.

>Anarcky was ALWAYS trying to one up batman or play some lame game. He came off as a child seconds away from a tantrum

Nigga what? Besides his first episode, Anarky didn't give a shit whether he won or lost. He stopped giving a fuck and it was all for the better.

Pyg was just Peta version of Ivy
Anarky was poorman's joker
Magpie was Tim Burton's Catwoman
Cypher a more boring mad hatter
Deathstroke is shit

And Harvey's transformation into Two-Face was terrible.

Yin was cool. I wish the show kept her on instead of dropping her unceremoniously for baby sidekicks

The Batman only had Clayface. The rest was shit.

>having motivations
>whining

OK, now you're just being obtuse. You could literally apply this to B:TAS.

>Batman is always WHINING about justice
>Freeze is always WHINING about his wife
>Poison Ivy is WHINING about her plants
>Harley WHINING about Mistah J.
>Mad Hatter is WHINING about Alice
>Scarecrow is always WHINING about fear

It also had the worst Batsuit ever. Way to make Bat Symbol practically invisible, guys. May as well just call himself, RubberMan

Beware had actual character development and plot progression, and didn't drop and throw in characters in a whim.

The Clock King episode was better than all of Beware the Batman.

People watch those. I have no idea why, but there's at least an audience for them.

Those are origins not personalities. The characters didn't have character and their "Motivations" basically boiled down to them repeating whatever their one note gimmick was ad nauseum.

>You could literally apply this to B:TAS.

I can and I do. A lot of TAS was pretty fucking shitty too. But that's neither here nor there so quit trying to deflect the issue.

>It was obvious, even more so by their final episode where they're mutating people and getting Toad a "wife".

That was rapey as fuck.

Better than the first two, not as much as the last.