Warner Bros...

>Warner Bros. has reportedly appointed exec Jon Berg and DC Entertainment CCO Geoff Johns in charge of the DC Films division, after "Batman v Superman" failed to meet the studio's financial and critical expectations.

>THR notes that the hire of Berg and Johns signifies the studio "...attempting to unify the disparate elements of the DC movies with a seasoned film exec and a comics veteran that together can hopefully emulate the way Marvel Studios has produced its films under the vision of president Kevin Feige."

>comicbookresources.com/article/warner-bros-shaking-up-executive-roles-in-reaction-to-batman-v-superman

Finally, the pain is over and the healing can begin.

Other urls found in this thread:

variety.com/2016/film/opinion/batman-v-superman-warner-bros-superhero-suit-1201749164/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Not if they let Snyder have any say in the matter.

I'm not saying Justice League isn't fucked, but Aquaman, Flash, and GL Corps have a chance.

Variety reported back in April that WB has been keen on Johns taking the role of DC Fiege for a while.

>And that’s what seems to be missing: overriding vision. Warner Bros. strives to be a filmmaker-friendly studio that would like to make an artist-centered model work, and at least conceptually, that’s commendable. But when you’re dealing with something as ungainly as an entire comic book universe, a certain amount of oversight — artistically invested, not corporate — feels only necessary. So the big problem, as far as I see it, remains this lack of a central node, someone akin to Marvel’s Kevin Feige who is intimately attuned to the source material, drawing the various strings together.

>For a period, WB was keen on Geoff Johns for such a role. But that’s a tall order for DC’s chief creative officer, who is already stretched very thin. While he is currently writing the upcoming stand-alone Batman film with Affleck, he also wears a number of other hats. “Geoff is really smart, but he’s got like 10 different jobs,” a source says. “He’s writing comic books, controlling DC, writes on [TV’s] ‘The Flash’ — I would imagine Feige’s is a full-time job just managing this stuff. So I don’t know how you ask Geoff, in the best of both worlds, to do that.”

variety.com/2016/film/opinion/batman-v-superman-warner-bros-superhero-suit-1201749164/

Honestly good for Johns. WB can't find any better guy who's "best of both worlds" and who would fit their needs. People would say Dini but he's involved with Marvel and their relationship isn't that great. He isn't even interested either.

Unless we're in for a tweest and guys in charge also love Snyder's vision.
>Honestly good for Johns.
We'll never get Rise of the Seven Seas.

>We'll never get Rise of the Seven Seas.
It's coming out in Aquaman. He's writing it with Abnett.

>I'm not saying Justice League isn't fucked
Two more movies that drag the DC heroes through shit. Will the public even care at all about DC heroes besides Batman at that point? Average Joe wont care about DC movies at that point, it's been too many years of crap.

>Johns
>has a hand in The Flash
>barely better than decent

Yeah, no hope.

I'll believe it when I see it.
I haven't seen it yet.

The only bad part is that Johns has more or less proven himself to be inadequate when telling a story in a universe that does not have a lot of established character history and continuity to play off of. I think that it is the biggest problem with his JL run, that he doesn't really know how to world build on his own. Can't see it really translating to a movie universe any better.

But fuck, at least it's someone who actually cares about the characters and has actually read some of their good stories for enjoyment. I'm selfishly upset because it means he might not get an ongoing post-Rebirth if he's busy with all of this.

Johns has been there the whole time. He might not be as directly responsible for Man of Steel and BVS but he's still got the stank on him.

He's a long way from the guy who wrote the popular Flash run

Being there doesn't mean creative control. It sounded like before he had been there mostly to smooth over legal stuff (I remember he got Superman and WW on BATB) and being basically a living comics wikipedia if they need to know something.

which is already a level above BvS and MoS

Will our cereal lord and saviour save us now?

The Flash is better than BvS and MoS combined.

At this point, DC should just take a dive and reboot their movieverse entirely.

Keep the same actors if you want, but change the mood. Make it even more lighthearted than the Marvel movies, if possible. Go full New Frontier. If anyone calls you out in interviews, just claim that nothing is wrong.

Predict the next BvS fallout headline.

>Ben Affleck to direct the majority of Justice League to give his buddy Zack Snyder a break

The problem with DC isn't the tone of the movies. It's how they represent the tone of the movies as well as the fact that both Man of Steel and BVS had TOO MANY PLOTS TO SETTLE.

Zack Synder tries to do the DARKNESS DEEP IMAGERY thing in a super hero movie even though it has no place in it. Half the premise of BVS was shitty, there were too many characters and they were trying to do too much in one fucking movie.

The Avengers had FIVE fucking films of build up. And while some of them weren't that great(Thor) the others were good enough to carry it into the Avengers.

Captain American Civil War was almost the same premise(Seemingly perfect heroes actually caused a lot of collateral damage in "saving" the world) and how many movies did it take to build up into that?

Let me give you a hint. More than one.

In comparison, even when Civil war had a bunch of heroes in it. It didn't seem as cluttered, mainly because all the characters were involved in the plot some how. The plot stayed on course rather than random half baked prophesies coming into Batman's dreams, no encrypted file storyline where they show you the rest of the heroes.

>the guy behind Green Lantern: The Movie
>the guy behind removing Wally and focusing on Barry
>the guy behind Arkham Knight is a totally new and never seen character
>the guy people here worship because they just watch tv shows and twitter memes

Yeah, I hope they keep Snyders so the faggots here can still blame someone else for Johns fuck ups

Get Grant Morrison you fucking troglodytes.

>emulate the way Marvel Studios has produced its films
It's the fucking Monday Night Wars all over again.

>and GL Corps
>implying that's still going to happen

I mean Green Lantern was basically DC trying out the Marvel tone but it not working because they missed the reason why marvel movies are so popular

What Marvel movies were even out by then?

Well, mainly Iron man was out and established then.

It also helped that Civil War wasn't an origin story for anyone. Everyone you meet in Civil War, with the exception of spiderman who the movie assumes you know enough about to not be a gibbering retard, is someone who has had at least one movie before this. So they can focus entirely on the plot of the current events.

Meanwhile, BvS was introducing Batman and Wonder woman for the first time, Lex too. On top of telling the current story, AND on top of advertising no fewer than 4 other films to come.

Too many balls in the air, leading to dropping them all.

at the risk of being called a Bat Fag, how about Bruce Timm?

Who cares DCCU Superman's character is still dead to me
Fuck you Snyder REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Pretty sure Grant Morrison wants nothing to do with something like this.