"SUICIDE SQUAD" RESHOOTS

>And the studio is working to smooth out the third act of SUICIDE SQUAD, its big August movie from director David Ayer that could change the perception of its DC line. SUICIDE SQUAD recently went under major additional photography (multiple sources say it was not to add humor) to clear up the issues.

>Twitter chatters reports that the movie is "a mess".

PANIC
A
N
I
C

Other urls found in this thread:

ew.com/article/2016/03/25/batman-v-superman-jimmy-olsen
twitter.com/AnonBabble

'Twitter chatter' in this instance refers to a literal who who has like 2k followers who said he heard the movie was bad.

>major additional photography
Wrong.

Lemme guess. Devin Faraci?

Nope. Hollywood Reporter.

I meant for the "twitter chatters", he's known for making a fool of himself there.

>Twitter chatters reports

kek

Nope, not him either. Some guy from Schmoes Knows with some reputable scoops to his name.

This rumor has popped up no less than 4 times now.
What can they possibly do 3 month before the release?

M E S S

BUT IS IT EDGY?

Is it a sober, serious examination of the Superhero literary genre?

Do you guys remember when everyone thought Bryan cranston was gonna be lex Luthor? Entertainment journalism is a joke.

I have the bad feeling that this movie was probably ok at the outset (nothing earth-shaking, but probably a nice actiony romp with some good actors), and is now being made continually worse because everyone is losing their shit. It's not a nice feeling. I was looking forward to this.

Despair but also an erection.jpg

So like Fant4stic except the premise was actually okay at first?

>(multiple sources say it was not to add humor)

So the doomsaying cunts are worried about action now?

but twitter was right about Scoot McNairy playing Jimmy Olsen !!

>Get me Heisenberg for Luthor!
>Yes, sir!

Didn't wanna have another thread about the entire article? A lot of Sup Forums might have missed it last night.

You can really tell it's going to be good when they're taking their time with this.

The trailers just made me so excited and hyped, I really can't wait any longer, but it's obvious that quality takes time.

Anyone who says this movie will be bad is just contrarian. We'll all see it.

hello slowpoke

Wasn't it confirmed post BvS that Cranston was targeted as a candidate for Luthor but that Snyder decided to go with Eisenberg instead?

I'm thinking exactly the Fant4stic scenario, yeah.

>You can really tell it's going to be good when they're taking their time with this.

Oh, to be this young and innocent again...

See, I'm in that same boat, but I was looking forward to it as a fun action romp AND as an expedition of cultural slumming seeing the new focus grouped Harley Quinn. Now they're cranking up the focus grouped masturbation sessions and my interest has merely shifted focus. I still think they're going to give me one form of exactly what I want (which is hypersexualized violence and hypersexualized everything else so as to make all of Harley's behavior and perversion mainstream in time for Halloween).

Now, you could argue this is bad for culture, but so's the status quo, so lets burn it all down.

Lets see Margot Robbie shaking her ass for Lou and Bob.

You talking about SS or is this BvS pasta from 6 months ago?

Yes.

>Wasn't it confirmed post BvS that Cranston was targeted as a candidate for Luthor but that Snyder decided to go with Eisenberg instead?

Yes, it was Snyder decision to put eisenberg-zuckenberg on the Lex role

SUICIDE SQUAD HAS NO JOKES

Well reshoots are never a good thing to hear

I had more hope for this movie then BvS because Snyder wasn't going to be involved at all in suicide squad

And since BvS was a disaster because of Snyder Suicide squad is going to suffer because of him

DC can never catch a break

All the DC-related films after TDK were worse and it started with Watchmen.

It's the curse of Glycon.

Reshoots happen all the fucking time.

How can one man be so shit yet so unfireable?

This is literally the normie version of

>Sup Forums shit posters report that the movie is "a mess".

No more or less substance

Any this close to opening weekend? Not trying to be a doomsaying cunt here, just that the only one I can think of off the top of my head that was still being "smoothed out" this late was Fant4stic.

FARACI WAS RIGHT
A
R
A
C
I

W
A
S

R
I
G
H
T

Well when his wife is one of the head execs of WB...

SUICIDE SQUAD IS A MESS
SUICIDE SQUAD IS A WASTE

The Brendan Fraser Cinematic Universe

Deadshot, masked assassin character
>Lets cast Will Smith as Deadshot
Is that a bit high profile actor to play a character thats gonna wear the mask most of the movie?
>All trailers and most pictures from the movie shows him without the mask.

From what I read of the Ostrander run, Deadshot was more often unmasked than masked.

I bet it will be shit because of the reshoot, it always be that way with Ayer's movie.

RIP, SS2 and prepare to say goodbye to Ayer and Smith, WB.

He's right about reshoot but totally wrong about why.

>prepare to say goodbye to Ayer and Smith, WB.
But we've still got Snyder!

kek

>adding bigger action is a bad thing
>"twitter chatter" (1 (one) tweet) says its a mess

Do you have something you want to say about your expectations for the movie

panic anic?

how many focus groups?
how many times has the movie been screened by the top execs at dc?
how many calls/notes/suggestions/etc.. have been made?

how much money has been added to the budget (of course we might never know) for additional shoots/set pieces/cgi

and of course how much screen time was added for ben affleck (as batman) - cause out of bvs he's the only good thing to come out of it (the only good response)

No, Cranston himself said that was pure "Fancasting".

Apparently, he then later said the dude who told him about the "mess" said it was "Fury with superheroes".

What reputable scoops does he have?

He was shown wearing his mask in at least one shot during the Ballroom Blitz trailer.

>major reshoots

Just like when Spectre got "major rewrites/reshoots" and all that happened was a couple changes to the ending and slight narrative streamlining.

There's no way there has been any "major" reshoots, when that stuff got leaked it would have been way too late for anything big to be done, by that point the only shooting left would have been insert shots and locations stuff.

It's actually, literally not possible for them to have done any major reshoots at this point. That's not how film schedules work, by that point it would have been post-production work and editing.

>Fury with superheroes
That actually sounds pretty enjoyable

I watched Street Kings, End of Watch, Sabotage, and Fury, and wasn't really impressed by any of them. They weren't terrible or anything, but I feel like I've taken crazy pills when I see people on here constantly saying Squad will be great because of the director.

i'm betting it's only one scene where he puts it on
then 99% of the movie is big willie face time

Trying to meme the public into not liking another movie before it comes out again? Well that probably means it's really good.

Those are better than any MCU garbage.

>B-But the MCU!!1!

You know, if they didn't explicitly tell you would these people were, I'd never have guessed.

>Sabotage
>better then anything

Anything written or co-written by Skip "Just Skip My Shit Up" Woods is a crime against cinema.

I've never been big on the whole Suicide Squad franchise, but all productions are going to be "a mess" when you're at crunch time and making sure everything fits. That really doesn't tell us anything.

Well I haven't seen that but I'm sure it's still better than the worst MCU offerings. End of Watch, Street Kings, Fury and Training Day are better than all of them.

I'm not wild about Ayer. What has me hype for this movie is a combination of the aesthetic (which seems to blend beyond grit and grudge into weird neon setpieces at times) and what I see of Ostrander's squad run in the characters and plot.

Squad isn't canon

I think SS will be good because Ayer will both write&direct it and when he does it the outcome always good then we have exec meddling and this guarantee that it will be shit so RIP DCEU and SS.

Civil War was doing reshoots and shooting new footage in January and didn't finish it's post-production until three weeks before it's premiere.

Fuck off

/SS/

Uh-Oh, now, I undertstand the reason WB have to order the reshoot of the third act. The reshoot might be a good idea in this case.

We were never going to get an actor who would wear the mask for a majority of the movie for a number of reasons, hell if not for Will Smith this movie probably would never have been made.
He wore his costume when he was needed in the field (barring a story arc or two near the end of the run) and was unmasked when he wasn't, this is common sense.

He didn't direct Training Day.

Haven't seen Fury, what do you mean?

Hey retard. Reshoots this extensive are absolutely a bad thing.

It's very rare for reshoots to mean anything other than this movie is terrible unless we're talking about strictly fight scenes. I say that because I know you're going to say Civil War had reshoots, which was only for a fight scene. Not entire fucking act and it certainly wasn't three weeks long.

Stop being so delusional.

underrated

>Street Kings

As a comedy, maybe. That movie was impossible to take seriously.

They did a lot of stealth missions where they wore disguises and he didn't put on the suit much less the mask.

Eating sugar? Telling lies?

Reshoots for Civil War lasted about 3 weeks and included the Spider-Man recruitment part and post-credits scene on top of reshooting the airport fight. That's about 30 minutes of screentime, about half of it new footage.

karl urban - dredd
and that movie kicked ass

Oh so it was a fight scene and a five minute Tony meets Peter thing? Yeah, sounds like that really affected the structure of everything.

>Dredd
>good

Go back the 1980's, neocon

Deadshot is not Dredd.

it was in response to 'not having an actor wear the costume throughout the movie'
i was referring to karl urban's dredd

MOM'S

GONNA

FREAK

Not that guy but third act of that film was so underwhelming and disappointing so if all these rumors are true then the reshoot is a good news.

>At that point, they had were still interviewing actors about the Luthor role – most of them older, more imposing figures, such as Breaking Bad star Bryan Cranston.

>“We talked about the usual suspects that you would imagine; any actor who has been bald, probably,” Synder says. “Bryan Cranston would have been great, right? And by the way, he’s an amazing actor. Can you imagine how different the movie would be?”

ew.com/article/2016/03/25/batman-v-superman-jimmy-olsen

BREAKING NEWS: PEOPLE IN HOLLYWOOD FUDGE THE TRUTH OCCASIONALLY

Obviously. I'm just pointing out that people said the exact same thing about BvS

Litrrally every single big movie ever did reshoots you ignorant fuckheaf

Now Byran Cranston would have made a good Luthor.