Why has there never been a serious pan-Anglo movement? Or at least nostalgia for the British Empire...

Why has there never been a serious pan-Anglo movement? Or at least nostalgia for the British Empire? There's pan-Germanicism, pan-Indicism, pan-Arabism, pan-Islamism, pan-EverythingExceptAnglos.

Is it because Anglos have only been separated in the past 200 something years, so some of them are still looking for their place in the world/their national identity?

Other urls found in this thread:

canzukinternational.com
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CANZUK
foreignpolicy.com/2017/03/30/this-is-how-five-eyes-dies/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

hopefully not
pan-nationalism is mental illness

I'm sure a Romanian unification is far from taboo in political discussions.

As crazy as it sounds, even Yugoslav nostalgia exists, so why not British Empire nostalgia?

There were movements like that
Look up Joseph Chamberlain

Good question. Also has never been pan-franco movement.

I hope there never is one for anglos, as I want them all to die, but it is an interesting question.

Yes, but consider the fact that rromani-a is a backwater shithole noncountry

There's never been a pan-Gallo movement because there's only one French nation.

Why do you hate Anglos? I'm Finnish as well (sorry for not living in the heaven on Earth isänmaa) but I love them.

And yet people still want unification.

There's no Pan-Germanicism. There's sort of Pan-Arabism but it's not a political structure.

Honestly, the Anglos are too far to unite into a political structure. We're Brexiting at the moment, Canada is dealing with America. Australia + NZ have a pan-anglo relationship though.

Hopefully we can join. Fuck Europe.

would honestly love a canzuk federation

It's escapism

What did Joseph Chamberlain do in these respects?

Please bring the empire back, we and the Kiwis will become dominions again if that's what it takes. That's all I ask, please let me see this in my lifetime.

Not quite. There are several nations in Africa that speak french. At least two that I know of. And there is Quebec. Although you are right. France seems to want to own all french speakers to begin with, like with it's regions in the carribean, south africa and oceania.

I'm actually Swedish, I live here to study. I hate the english language and anglo culture because it is so expansionist, taking over domains in non-english speaking countries which weakens those places' languages. It also spreads words and phrases into other languages, making them more like english. It's nothing unique to english, it just comes from being in that powerful position. If Germany was the strongest I would hate them in the same way. Although if it was China I probably wouldn't. They are too different to pose a threat.

Lol those people aren't French, they're African.

"anglo culture because it is so expansionist"
>bans finnish from schools in sweden
>meanwhile swedish is an official language in finland and there are swedish schools in finland
>finland's "swedish-speaking finn" (whatever that means) representative in the nordic council was the only one who voted against finnish becoming an official language of the nordic council
>skåne

He tried to establish imperial preference (Tariffs on non-Empire countries) as a step toward imperial federation but he was defeated because the mood back then was religiously devoted to free trade
The main 'problem' is that we are too individualistic as a people

feels bad
The divided Anglo is too young, when he matures, he will want his brothers back.

don't forget the healthy dose of eugenics

>bans finnish from schools in sweden
That's domestic education policy. Hardly expansionist,
>there are swedish schools in finland
Lol those people aren't Swedish, they're Finnish.

Don't give me that bullshit, they are not Finnish. They are as Finnish as Ahmed from Malmö (a place you stole from Denmark btw) is Swedish.

Swedish-speaking Finns are Swedish, but French-speaking Africans aren't French?

>I'm Finnish as well
Yet you want the British emp back?

The majority of French speaking Africans speak French as a second language, but regardless, they are ethnically African. Swedish speaking "Finns" are ethnically Swedish.

Is there anything wrong with those two being true?

Not him but you're culturally Swedish and they're culturally French but you're not Swedish and they're not French (ethnically).

This. All we'd have to do is merge the UK-Ireland common travel area with the New Zealand-Australia Trans-Tasman Travel Arrangement and then we're pretty much there. I don't know how we'd rope Canada into it but it wouldn't be difficult

>ethnically African
African isn't an ethnicity tho.

>Is there anything wrong with those two being true?
No absolutely not, I just find it a tad strange desu.

If you're culturally Swedish, genetically Swedish, and speak Swedish, you are Swedish. Thus, the Swedish speaking "Finns" are Swedish.

*negroid
i fixed it

And I'm born and raised here in Australia, and I am integrated (definitely more Australian than Finnish).

I am a Swedish citizen, who moved here 4 months ago.

EU wouldn't allow it

Soon my brother we will rise together

Why did you move to Finland? Tired of Mahmoud, Ahmed, Ali, Salim, Abdi, Waleed, Fahad, Mohammed, Muhammed, and their cuzzies fucking all of your Tinder dates?

>And I'm born and raised here in Australia, and I am integrated (definitely more Australian than Finnish).
>I'm Finnish as well
How are you finnish at all?

>never been a serious pan-Anglo movement

What?

Like I said, to study. Wanted to do it in another country, and here I don't have to learn another language

>you will never unite the Anglo nations
Why even live?

don't quite know what you're suggesting, you mean a single government? Because Canada, Australia, and NZ's parliaments are still bound to the monarch. There's no reason for a more direct government to rule over such disparate and distant territories without locals feeling like they're getting fucked over

>but regardless, they are ethnically African. Swedish speaking "Finns" are ethnically Swedish.
>they're culturally French but they're not French (ethnically).
Well then there's your answer, op. It's because you aren't ethnically anglos.

>If you're culturally Swedish, genetically Swedish, and speak Swedish, you are Swedish. Thus, the Swedish speaking "Finns" are Swedish.
I agree but they're not genetically Swedish. There's a lot of similarities however.

I personally would like to see a strong trade union and freedom of movement between the remaining Commonwealth Dominions.

What do you mean? Of course there's a Pan-Anglo movement. In fact I'd argue it's the most relevant "pan-x" thing out there. The Five Eyes is the most powerful intelligence alliance in the world. The Commonwealth Realms share the same monarchy, language and are culturally/ethnically the same, for the most part. We have a long history of fighting for one another, trading with one another and integrate into each other's countries effortlessly. We are separate nations in name only. Our governments being separate is simply more efficient.

>Finnish is my first language
>Only started learning English in pre-school
>I'm the only person in my family who isn't an immigrant from Finland
>Import Tupla frequently
>have a sauna in my house
>know who Lalli is
>listen to stratovarious, sonata arctica, nightwish, cain's offering, mokoma

I am by no means a non-practicing Finn

Why not study in Sweden? You got free uni there too, I guess your applications got rejected because of affirmative action.

"Canada, Australia, and NZ's parliaments are still bound to the monarch"
hasn't been the case for a LOOONG time

>Why has there never been a serious pan-Anglo movement?
There has, and is...

Canada's parliament is very much still bound to the Monarch.

canzukinternational.com
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CANZUK

It would make sense and I was assuming that it was the natural goal of the Brexit camp, but I don't see any suggestions of the kind. Perhaps we'll see more when the UK is officially out of the EU

This guy is obviously shitposting for (you)s. Look at this autistic shit Stop giving him attention. He's probably Arab.

Because I wanted to study in another country. I got accepted to the Swedish unis I applied to as well, but I really wanted to study abroad.

Australia, New Zealand, the white parts of Canada (therefore excludes Quebec), and the UK are Anglo. I don't remember if Anglo or German was the most common heritage in the US though.

lol they are genetically Swedish. The Swedish speaking parts of Finland clearly demonstrate a higher frequency of Haplogroup I1 as opposed to N.

Five Eyes hardly exists out of ethnic unity.

>Governer-General signs all laws on Liz' behalf
:O

You mean you didn't want to get beaten up by Muslims during your studies?

The Five Eyes only exists out of ethnic unity. Do you really think a non-English Abo Australia would have such close ties to Britain and the US?

Dude, Finland-Swedes don't have "swedish heritage" either. It's not like the majority of Swedish speaking families migrated here.

Abos are 3% of Australia's population. By that logic England is non-English and Abo because 5% of the population is Muslim.

obviously they're descended from cunts who migrated there though

>non-English Abo Australia
Implying that the Abos could even set up their own government

>Five Eyes hardly exists out of ethnic unity
Forgive me if I'm misinterpreting that, but isn't that suggesting Australia's heritage is irrelevant to it's ties with Britain and the US? My "non-English Abo Australia" is a hypothetical. An alternate reality where the British didn't settle Australia.

foreignpolicy.com/2017/03/30/this-is-how-five-eyes-dies/

Five Eyes is just an alliance of the most relevant countries in the world, nothing more.

>Five Eyes is just an alliance of the most relevant countries in the world, nothing more.

stop replying to this troll

I wouldn't say relevant but more so useful.
it's been hijacked by America who use it to spy on neighboring countries in Europe and Asia.

The Commonwealth Realms still exist.

Once we kick all the brown folk out we'll have a comfy union again desu, we'll be one country again. The population of Russia but of based Anglo's, that would be so cool, and we'll start colonising stuff again.

The Commonwealth is good for us but shit for you guys desu. It's just a poor attempt to maintain the power you once had.

>and we'll start colonising stuff again.
>Once we kick all the brown folk out
Rinse and repeat.

>pan-Indicism
no there isn't

pan - nationalism is a mental illness which unironically ruined India

these movements are never about unity, they are ALWAYS ABOUT EXCLUSION, and look how well this went for india user.

t. indian

>What is United State of America

The Commonwealth Realms are a separate thing to the Commonwealth itself tbf. The Commonwealth Realms we retain large theoretical power and cultural ties to.

>canada australia and NZ will never all pass referendums rejoining the United Kingdom
>the queen will never dissolve the parliaments of all those shitty micronations and re-absorb them into the Uk, or send a carrier group and the royal marines if they don't come peacefully

kek you know what's up
or we just sterilise them all and let them live in VR simulations with thicc white women until they expire gracefully

>The Commonwealth Realms we retain large theoretical power and cultural ties to.
Canada, NZ and us?

>or we just sterilise them all
*blocks your path*
Probably not happening nowadays.

>or we just sterilise them all
Has that ever really worked?

>Canada, NZ and us?
There are like 14 countries in the Commonwealth realms who all have Queen Liz in power, most of them have the military swear oaths of loyalty to the Queen, or when you get citizenship you have to swear to be loyal to the Queen.

Israel does it desu. Just offer them some Jordans in exchange jej

>Has that ever really worked?
Iceland has practiced voluntary eugenics for a while and its eliminated several undesirable traits 2bh

Worked for the Nazis fairly well

>There are like 14 countries in the Commonwealth realms who all have Queen Liz in power, most of them have the military swear oaths of loyalty to the Queen
Which ones? Can't imagine any of them will be useful desu.
Canada is one of the richest CM nations and their military is still a meme, just like ours.

All dese

ye that's why we should unite baka bet it would shit the indonesians right up to see some proper british aircraft carriers park up shop in darwin

That's why we seperate Commonwealth Dominions from Commonwealth nations. The original "capital D" Dominions were UK, Ireland, South Africa, Newfoundland, Australia, New Zealand, and Canada.
Now UK, Aus, NZ, and Canada (including Newfoundland) exist. These are what we mean when we say the Commonwealth or the Anglisphere.

don't mind the irish myself 2bh i am a halfie though wish they were still in aaah the borders are so aesthetic
yeah it's good we make the distinction the ones who are just in it but don't even want the queen are a bit wank, we should tell them to accept it or git out at this point maybe idk i guess we enjoy playing cricket still

We don't really have any big problems with Indos DESU. Just some skirmishes here and there.

>The original "capital D" Dominions were UK, Ireland, South Africa, Newfoundland, Australia, New Zealand, and Canada.

The Commonwealth Dominions were mainly to define being part of a British possession before and in the British sphere in the modern era. When Fiji had their coup de tat they were removed from being a CM dominion because they came out of the bongs influence.

The Anglosphere refers to countries that are completely British in culture and speak English as a first language. You can be this without being under the British sphere i.e America

completely british in culture america aah maybe a bit but cum on i am a bit of an ameriboo on the inside tho

My ancestors left because they hated the brits, the brits have become even worse since the empire collapsed and somehow become even more arrogant.

I'm an american mutt, that's far better than being a brit

New England seceding and joining the Commonwealth WHEN

i fantasise about this lmao

imagine americans with their HOOAH MARINES culture except they shout GOD SAVE THE KING instead, hehehe

Fucking never you faggot

the founding fathers all said they wanted to be part of britain tho

kys mutt the day of the rope is coming

The actual ties of the commonwealth are thin nowadays, and the other nations would be fools to try and strengthen them without milking us for something
We're very much on the back foot right now, there's no way we could get any sort of favourable deal for closer trade or whatever
Maybe if we have a good war we can pull everyone back to us

My family has owned land in New England for hundreds of years and I'd rather die than become part of the commonwealth.

"Taught wisdom by disaster
England shall learn to know
That trade is not the only gain
Heaven gives to man below.

"The greed for gold departed,
The golden calf cast down,
Old England's sons again shall raise
The Altar and the Crown.

what if hilldog was elected hehehe

I would honestly think it's because we are always so close diplomatically. We only ever really have qualms over the same shit we fight about inside of our respective countries, but when push comes to shove we will always act to defend one another.

i would die to ensure new england isn't dragged into the mud with the rest of america

America at its worst is better than the common wealth at its best.

ah im a bit of an ameriboo so ill let you off

What a coincidence, I'm an ameriboo too

>Written by Canadian Harold Wood, just prior to leaving for a war from which he would never return:

"Why should we fight" he asked me,
"'Cause England is at war?
Why are they fighting now, Dad,
What are they fighting for?
What does it mean to you, Dad,
To babes, and mum, and me?
The Germans won't come here
From away across the sea.
So why should you go there, Dad,
And leave us here to cry?
Is it cause England owns us?
Is that the reason why?"
His eyes look widely at me,
I tightly held my son,
And this is how I answered,
His questions one by one.

"We fight when England calls us,
For in her sacred keep
The ashes of our fathers
Lie in her soil asleep.
And many times for England
They fought that she'd be free,
And they are part of England,
And so, my son, are we.
And some may pass her by, lad,
And some may scorn her hand,
But we must be forever
A part of that fair land.
For everything we have son,
That's good and fine and just
Was washed in British blood
And given to us on trust.

"And we must keep that trust, son,
Against the force of greed.
And fight beside old England
Whenever she's in need.
And once again she's calling
Across the Empire wide,
And all her Empire answers:
"You'll find us at your side"
Oh yes, we're owned by England,
But we own England, too,
As you are part of me son,
And I am part of you"

Always feel really undeserving when people post things like this desu, since we're just a crap island country these days that has a weakened military and terrible culture.

Why are gooks so cancerous?

dunno they're like weird bug people

ask your wife

I would have to disagree, Anglo culture is still the most dominant globally, English is the lingua franca, 4 of the top 10 wealthiest nations are former parts of the British Empire, (more if you include Hong Kong), countless nations around the world benefit from the stable and proven Westminster parliamentary system, the UK continues to be a global hotspot for innovation, the arts, education, tourism, and international investment, arguably the strongest military in Europe, the only European power with a successful colonisation network, etc.

because we don't care about the Empire
good thing too, colonization was the worst thing Europeans ever did

>nz and canadian hand white
>aussie and SA flag black

wew