ENDTOWN - 2016-05-18 Quit Badgering me!

>"See Doc? I told you that I knowed the way in"

>Doc passed out at the perfect time to mutate

One of those bullshit things you're really relieved about.

> turned
> tfw Holly infected not only Lyn but Doc as well

THANKS HOLLY

>The Big Lewaltski

Fourth panel, right hand side: Blood splat on the wall? Did the crash hurt or kill someone?

This'll be interesting. Lots of people between them and the door, probably lots of people between them and the ground.

... nice.

Holly is also going to infect all those poor people in whatever she crashed into.
She's a walking apocalypse.

>implying that Holly infected them
The virus was starting to spreding like crazy back in that time

>Holly saw a snake who claimed to be Ethel (but didn't see her mutate)
>Holly can see that Doc's not human any more and was right there when he changed.
>As soon as she gets a minute to think she's going to put two and two together and realise what she's become (she was too busy looking at the fire and smoke before to really notice her own reflection in the car window).

Considering that we know that conversion is instant, it's pretty strongly suggests that the mere presence of one mutant is enough.

Kirbee with nails is so....weird

Gee, the pillar impacted the car right where Wally, Kirbee and Chic would have to have been sitting if they were indeed in there...

Then why she didn't mutated when she was with Ethel or way back when she encounter the first mutant?

Uh....
Good point.
Why didn't she?

I think the joke inherent in that picture is that she doesn't usually have them because they "blend in" - note the lack of them on the unpainted foot.

I don't know, but Aaron said that we are gonna learn something interesting about the virus on the end of the arc. Maybe is the relation between when you enter in contact with a mutant and time you take to be infected

>crashes the car into a cafe full of people
>any who survivors will mutate uncontrollably
When will Holly's killing spree end?

Maybe mutants aren't infectious at all and it's something else.

>When will Holly's killing spree end?
With Kirbee and Chick

At least the car didn't blow up.

One of the theories around here is that you have to have a critical mass of the virus, and that it's not really a virus but more some kind of demonic swarm thing that feeds on negative psychic emanations.

Lyn and Holly picked up a small dose of it when they encountered the woods beast. Holly then transferred it to the housewives. Ethel must have been stressed out from her lifestyle, or something, because she "bred" enough of the virus to mutate first. After she died her "colony" was dissipated into the environment because there wasn't a spare host near enough.

Holly mutated next, the trauma of the experience building up her viral load until it was enough for her and her baby to both mutate while she was sleeping.

Now, whatever else happened to it, the baby died and its viral colony found itself in need of a living host... and who walked in behind Holly? Lyn. Lyn got a baby-sized colony immediately, and the horror at what he was seeing was enough to kick it into overdrive and trigger an immediate transformation.

After Lyn's death, the viral colony probably glommed onto Holly out of desperation until the combined colonies sensed a major trauma source right near her - Doc. The fact that "spare" virus in Holly was enough to immediately trigger transformation saved his life.

It'll be interesting to see what happens next. If the people in the cafe start mutating immediately, I'll consider this theory less likely.

Many people here has the theory that is not a virus at all

A less convoluted explanation would be that Lyn and Holly were Typhoid Marys.

That's just cut down. They technically were Typhoid Marys if they came into that Hillside community with a latent viral load, it just brings up the question of why the Marys we've seen lately have taken so long to mutate. Low stress reactions? Particularly strong sense of identity/morphic field?

Probably shit on the level of Eye.
Not eye himself, since he saw the mutations as requiring purity by flame, but some cosmic shit going on

I've heard that; care to elaborate?

But if it's not a virus why does protective gear makes you immune to it?

I would hope Cthulhu power could beat a plastic suit.

He did regard the mutants as his "wayward children", though, so I'm thinking the eatbeasts are the intended result and the anthros are a result of the "tweaking" of the "virus" by a third party...

>But if it's not a virus why does protective gear makes you immune to it?
Because it makes you THINK you're immune to it.

It has sense, Lyn and Holly were "inmune" in the sense that they wouldn't mutate until they find themselfs in a high stress situation, what they do

If it's supernatural, it's either blocked by the same sort of stuff as a virus (ie: it's not completely ethereal) or it's warded off by a strong belief that you are immune or protected (which could explain the modern crop of Thyphoid Marys - if they got it into their heads that they're immune, and everyone else seems to confirm it, then that might work to halt the virus' effects.)

Naww, I think it's just the Doc's gun wound.

Apparently this is the work of a supernatural being, since there's no scientific explaination about how people can mutate into cartoony animals

Also I'm pretty sure Aaron has said the Topsiders have never isolated the virus despite shitloads of dissections of anthros and typhoid marys and have no idea what it really is. This suggests it's not really a physical entity at all.

Maybe is a mental condition?

Reminds me of Discworld, where the way to change the shape of something is to alter its mind to truly believe that it is already that shape.

Seems like that would still need something novel to induce it, though, since mutation itself appears to be new.

How'd it get over on the wall/pillar if Holly's just now dragging him out of the car?

As the series edges closer to cosmic horror territory what if Eye turned out to just be a minor being and precursor to something worse?

I'm a plebian that only played the discworld video games. But believing a dragon into existence is another thing you can do.

Yeah, im starting to believe that Eye is not the worse that Aaron has for us yet

What, like Mouth or Fist?

It's going to turn out that Eye is actually the lesser of two evils. Marx is worse.

"In his house at R'lyeh dead Elbow lays dreaming." -The Neathernomicon

Iä! Iä! Elbow fhtagn!

Also if you truly believe you can fly, you can. But it usually takes a mad wizard to believe that hard.

How did he get knocked out ?

Fainted from the pain or the blood loss.

He got shot, and passed out either because of blood loss, pain, shock, or all three.

>in b4 mod deletes this

Nice pic btw.

Cute-thulhu

Blood loss.
Probably passed out from it.

All praise Kirthulhu!

I'd worship her.

She'd rise from the ocean and teach mankind how to party down and get baked.

Hey, drawfriends, I had the weirdest but cutest idea today: Has anyone drawn one of the smaller Endtowners getting brushied?

>Arkham University professors routinely dropping premium bud and Doritos out in the deep ocean.

>the pose
>the pedestal

Someone knows their source material.

>To summon her you put an X-Files DVD rubbed with weed on repeat while eating hash cookies

don't need to ask twice.

>while wearing a ceremonial snuggy

more Olirbee when?

I'm not too big on the idea Holly's the cause/carrier of all this, least of all blaming her for the goddamn epidemic. The virus seems to behave like there's at least some airborne range to it, even if great stress could cause it to trigger. Al's been sleeping wih Gustine and basically been by her side the whole time and he never changed. He certainly had enough anguish to trigger a mutation if that were the trigger, even before the comic proper began.

>Al's been sleeping wih Gustine and basically been by her side the whole time and he never changed. He certainly had enough anguish to trigger a mutation if that were the trigger, even before the comic proper began.

We know there's something different about the Typhoid Marys. Possibly the aforementioned warding belief, or maybe they just don't emit the right kind of demon-food even when they're stressed (shades of Fry).

*the long-term Typhoid Marys, sorry.

Seriously, I really doubt that she is. Ethyl got it from somewhere other than Holly, and the city seems to be in the process of coming apart at the seams. Holly's probably a very small part in all of this.

Like I mention before maybe the mutation is just a mental condition, is not real but you think it is everything is on your mind

But it takes effect on people who are unconscious. How would they change before they knew they were infected?

>Next time, as Holly and Doc leave the building.
>Boom

Things will get explosive on friday

Three comics a week. After blasting through seven years worth of Endtown in two weeks this is unbearable.

Maybe I should take a break from it for a few months. But then I'd miss out on some of the interesting discussion that happens in these threads.

Everyone in the vicinity will bust out their own Buddibombs.

The cons of reading webcomics

WWIII was fought using only buddibombs

>After blasting through seven years worth of Endtown in two weeks this is unbearable.
How?
This is finally a reasonable rate.

Glad I caught up on this
yesterday to be a part of the big suffering ride.

I was gonna ask about any theories surrounding Schism syndrome but judging from what you've said it's a good bet that it's strongly connected to the viral colony, I don't believe there's a sentient entity involved tho

>Kirbee's skin is green
>Her swimsuit is green
>She looks naked from a distance

There very well could be, Aaron's previous comics are pretty damn crazy.

>Rescuing private Buddi

ART FAAAAAAAAGS

New trash thread is up, just in case...

I've seen them posted on here a few times, but where exactly are they archived??

In Aaron's own personal page I think it was his name plus .com

aaronneathery.org

Think someone domain-squatted his .com URL.

Also be aware that the comics are nowhere near as good as Endtown and their navigation system is hot garbage.

>Private Buddi jumps on grenade
>More people die than would have if he hadn't

Call of Buddibomb: Mutant Ops when?

Christ you weren't kidding, that's some web 1.5 stuff

Thanks linking tho

>june 6, 1944, D day.
>buddibombs land on the beaches of normandy
>they are revieced with buddibomb fire
>buddiboms are literally firing more buddibombs at the buddibombs
>mortar shells are literally buddibombs being fired from mortars tubes by other buddibombs

>Buddybombs are the Imperial Guard of the Endtown universe
>Only explosive

"No Pig Latin beyond this point"

this is actually pretty bad ass

-->

That site design...

>Hello 90's my old friend
>I've come to Angelfire again...

Shon, do you really pump those out so quickly that you need to put the seconds in the filename?

>And then a script file slowly creeping
>Left my virus checker bleeping
>And the e-worm which was passed through my fire wall
>Made it stall
>Crashed by a nineties web page

>Crashed an aerocar twice.

I can't tell if this means she's a good driver or a bad driver.

Almost the same figure, huh?

That's VueScans doing, not mine

I've grown to use a similar filename format for my doodles. It makes organizing easier for me.

Well, the first time it was because she almost was cut in a half by a plane, and the second time she was a fucking mouse.
That or she just is really a fan of the Batman movies