Gave him an actual backstory and sympathetic motivations

>gave him an actual backstory and sympathetic motivations
>made him single-handedly the most badass antagonist in a superhero movie
> Sup Forums whines

The sad thing is that you masturbate to that ugly bitch Loki and that loose canon Thanos.

bumpu

Needs more purple socks.

B-but muh sock!

I agree with you OP, he's by far the best MCU villain.

Possibly because he has zero in common with his namesake.

Baron Zero

Spoken like someone who's barely read anything of the character!

Two Words:

The Mandarin

Yeah you don't really know much about zemo do you?

No reason why he couldn't still have been a baron and a spec ops soldier, titles mean fuck all these days but they're still passed down because tradition.

Also why not show him wearing the sock in those archive shots. Make it his unit's trademark. Arrow did it for Deathstroke.

Zemo shouldn't be a complex sympathetic character. Should be a whiny nazi manchild with a mask that hates the good guys.

>Zemo shouldn't be a complex sympathetic character.
Then how come he was the most interesting under Nicieza's pen?

Everyone mocks Thanos and Loki fell out of favor after Thor 2

He was cool but he wasn't Zemo.
Seriously I have no problem with original characters if that's what they want to do, but by calling him that they make it so they could never use the actual Zemo.
It just seems dumb to me

MCU Red Skull isn't a Nazi anymore so why would Zemo be a (Neo) Nazi?

Because he was a self-insert character.

Lolol marveldrones trying to add depth to their shallow villains. You guys are stupid about films.

You make him sound like Kylo Ren. Gross.

How's he gonna drink that wine while wearing the mask?

Eisenberg's Luthor was much more complex, right?

The same way Deadpool can eat pizza with the mask still over his mouth. Liquids can still go through fabric.

I liked him but it's really hard to picture him going all Cobra Commander in the future.

That is exactly what he is. Down to thinking his masked ancestor was the coolest shit and using a sword.

>gave him an actual backstory and sympathetic motivations

Too similar to the motivation of the twins in AoU.
His motivation should be tied specifically to Cap, rather than all supers.

>>made him single-handedly the most badass antagonist in a superhero movie
???

>Lolol
Why are redditors allowed in here?

We don't know that he's not a Baron, to be honest. His background is still very open.

I think people like are just completely retarded. This was 100% Thunderbolts Zemo in method, and early Zemo in motivation. In terms of character, I'd liken it to Zemo when he's around Sin/The Red Skull and is definitely playing junior before he really comes into his own (and he still has his massive daddy complex). The methods here absolutely were T-Bolts Zemo, but T-Bolts Zemo is more fond of grandstanding.

Helmut Zemo isn't even a Nazi.

Next time, baby.

Not like that's stopped the casuals. That user is literally just like those people on tumblr who screech at Zemo being playable in Avengers Academy because "he's a Nazi!"

It gets me agitated. It's like it doesn't matter what any of these films do because nobody bitching has any idea what the character is like in the first place. It means the genuine improvements (like putting the "No, you move" speech in Peggy's mouth) and genuine fuck-ups (I don't have many of these for CW, but certainly large parts of Age of Ultron) get lost entirely.

I only give a damn about these movies as they relate to comics. A lot of people on Sup Forums pretend that they're the same, but the movies are the only thing they give a shit about in reality.

>masturbate to that ugly bitch Loki and that loose canon Thanos

Thats some fine bait OP.

But I do like Zemo. They haven't shown him with his purple balaclava and tacticool outfit, but he doesn't need to yet. It would work better when he's in the Tunderbolts, like some anti-avenger.

Explain his plot in 3 sentences

Kill yourself DCuck

Is Daniel Bruhl a good actor?
I can't tell much from Civil War he has like 45mins total of screen time?

Out to get revenge for his family in Sokovia Zemo manipulates the destruction of the Avengers by indirect methods, but they still spare his life.

Watch Goodbye Lenin sometime. He does a lot of European cinema, he's quite well regarded.

>Sup Forums whines
>Sup Forums is one person
Most people have been saying that this was a good idea, but I'm sure you knew that OP

Non-masked man uses hacking skills, stair-running ability, coincidences, luck and CCTV to ensure the dissolution of Captain America and Iron Man's friendship, in effect creating two different Avengers teams, and thus fulfilling his grand plot for vengeance somehow I guess.

>Has the Avengers betray their trust in eachother
>Will form the Thunderbolts to use the people's trust in heroes in order to gain power

>that loose canon Thanos
Dammit, Thanos. We are supposed to play by the books!
Now give me your badge and your gun.

>''It's a damn shame the Avengers got rid of the gems. He was only 3 days away from retirement.''

How is he going to drink that glass of brandy?

It's wine, and there's a reason why the sock is purple.

He's fucking shit and you know it. His entire plan was on the Avengers acting like retards and out of character. His plan only worked because of insane amounts of luck.

Thunderbolts baby, Thunderbolts.

Hell I rather have a Thunderbolts movie than "Not X-Men, seriously" Inhumans.

This.
He's the Joker of the MCU.

>made him single-handedly the most badass antagonist in a superhero movie

>Is Daniel Bruhl a good actor?
He was incredible in Rush, so I'm inclined to say yes.

>stair-running ability

>Avengers acting like retards and out of character.
The film is called Civil War after all, user.

yeah, I really like him

I'd recommend Rush and ofc Inglorious Basterds

Suicide Bomber?

So is the MCU Thunderbolts literally going to be MCU Sued Psi Squaw?

more like Civil Skirmish

>he had a mask that looked like Bucky

LOL
O
L

So fucking sexy

To be fair it was pretty fucking sketch
>patch beard
>long black hair
IT'S BUCKAY

Why break up the team ? Why not just kill the avengers ?
His plan of making them hate each other was significantly more complex than ...I don't know...planting a bomb some place he knew they would be

Because he can't, he's just a normal dude.

>still mad

He literally explains it in the movie.
The first is that people greater than he have already tried and failed.
And two, his whole metaphor about an empire being attacked from the outside can be rebuilt from its ashes.

Do people even watch the movies anymore?

I get this feeling most people only saw Zemo in EMH or read his wiki description and saw a few panels and think they know everything about Zemo. I bet they don't even know that there's more than one

>Why not just kill the avengers ?
How was he gonna do that? He even said he knew he couldn't kill them cause guys stronger than him have tried. Do you people even watch this shit?

he just needed love and looking after, he just needed help and cuddles. He had everything taken from him, he just needed nursed back to a stable mental state but you fucks ruined that for him, he's cute and perfect and the avengers ruined that for him. FUCK YOU AVENGERS!

Yea it's called bad writing
Literally his plan is unworkable and required Tony to show up in that secret base at the same exact time despite not knowing where it was

It's a sloppy poorly thought out movie especially compared to winter solider which while uninspired was well constructed

>how could he do it
Shoot them?
He blew up a building with black widow in it...she just lucked out and survived

Seems easy enough

He can trick them to show up at an exact location at an exact time
You put a bomb there
That's it. None of them are bomb proof

Do you even pay attention to these flicks?

He knew not to underestimate them, he knew they would find a way, he's a fucking genius who planned two moves.

He belonged to a death squad. His surviving Ultron's attack was too good for him.

>Lucked out
>Blow them up
They would find a fucking way dude, they always do. That's the point Zemo tried to stress, even if he had a full proof murder plan, they would poke a fucking hole in it and survive.
His plan was much more tactful and it had a lasting effect that he could never make by simply attempting to kill them, he didn't even care to see it through and tried to off himself knowing he'd succeeded.

>Literally his plan is unworkable and required Tony to show up in that secret base at the same exact time despite not knowing where it was
It's not much of a stretch.
He knew the evidence against Bucky would fall apart with enough scrutiny.
That means that Tony would come to realize that Cap was right.
The only assumption he made was that Tony would be able to follow Cap, and that's not too hard considering that you know, Tony is a genius, and that Cap would be rushing to Siberia to "stop" Zemo.

>He blew up a building
He didn't blow up the building

Also he literally said an outside force killing them wouldn't work because they can just rise up again later. The entire point of his plan was not for them to die but to have them turn on and kill each other

I hope they bring him back as a significant villain rather than another Strucker or Crossbones and he gets his mask, but otherwise I was satisfied with him as a villain.

Besting everyone with nothing but a bomb and a tape.

It's a Dr.Evil plan

I'm fairly certain he said he signed a similar six picture deal that they give the main stars and that they intend to further explore his character.

>he can't kill them because they would rise up again

How exactly? This isn't a comic book you know

Why was Zemo asking that retired Soviet/Hydra colonel about Bucky's mission to kill the Starks when all he needed was the code book?
Also, he left him alive.

Was there a cut scene where that was where Bucky and Cap learn about his apparent interest in the super soldier serum?

It was really refreshing how mellow his performance was.

For a while I wasn't even really sure if he was a villain or just a lackey, and by the end it does feel like just an ordinary man brought down these superheroes. Much better than some superpowered space alien with an ego.

Which isn't to say I don't like Thanos or Ronan, it's just they usually aren't done very well or are killed off too quickly.

You can't seriously be this dense.

You know he didn't literally mean come back from the dead right?

He didn't care about the super soldier serum. He needed the video that showed Bucky killing the Starks as the final blow to Tony and Steve's already strained friendship.

CUTE AND PERFECT REEEEEEEEEE

>Why was Zemo asking that retired Soviet/Hydra colonel about Bucky's mission to kill the Starks when all he needed was the code book?
His original plan was just to go for the mission at the base and work it out from there. He said the code book was for the "bloodier methods" if the colonel didn't answer him, which he didn't, thus leading to the rest of the plan. This is why he apologized to T'Challa for killing his dad

>Also, he left him alive.
No user, no he didn't.

>No user, no he didn't.
Well unless he killed him in another way, he just left him waterboarded.
The water level rose to a maximum above his nose but below his mouth.
He could breathe through his mouth fine but his sinuses would fill with water.
It'd be very painful, for him, but he'd be ultimately alive

I was going to say that you might have referenced Bane, and I'd beat ya to death for it, but I'd rather think that since the place that Hydra guy wasn't allowing him to escape, it would eventually drown him.

I dunno, maybe I need to rewatch the movie, but that was my view of what Zemo intended with that guy.

Yes but not for long

>and by the end it does feel like just an ordinary man brought down these superheroes.
No they got "brought down" through their retarded squabbling with each other

not that matter since we know they'll band together for the "greater good" by the next Avengers film and we'll get a scene where Tony gives Cap his shield back. So nothing matters.

Kill yourselves DCucks