Zootopia

Is it bad that it's coming out as early as the 7th? I've seen websites talk about how this is the fastest Disney home release ever and even the ads say they're doing this because of the demand, but really this shouldn't be so special; there's always demand for Disney movies and even bad ones should have fast home releases before someone sees it on the store shelf and thinks, "Oh, Meet the Robinsons, I forgot that was a thing. Guess it's not anything special."

Also the box art is super bad.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xLBbDRmPdSY
boxofficemojo.com/alltime/world/
zooboxoffice.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=OzMJkRwOxjs
zootopiadeletedscenes.tumblr.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=DHh-SJC9L0c
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

At least is better than VHS one.

it just Disney's B movie, they already had it planned months ahead. it's a filler before their next big feature: Moana.

sure it earned alot but it doesnt mean much for them, it's just pocket change, they only released Zootopia to remind people that disney is still making other movies than marvel superheroes

Geez, I don't remember morning Tuesday threads be this dead

For a B movie, it did it pretty well, it almost reach a billon without be a A movie with literally zero advertising, no sequels nor previous instances. It's a sucess for its own

Doubt they could rush something through the supply chain just because of "demand." It was always planned to be released this early since the movie wasn't expected to do so well and already be out of theaters.

It did well, but that doesn't mean they weren't treating it like a B movie

well, fun cant last forever, plus OP chose meh subject to talk about.

i'd rather talk about favorite and least favorite side characters.

>7th
Wait, June 7th?

yeah, two weeks from now.

Finally I'll be able to find a good rip.
Now I can see what all the fuss is about.

Is this a joke? They don't make VHS anymore.

cool. I was in a coma and literally missed it when it was in theaters. I was looking forward to this before my accident

>Also the box art is super bad.
Welcome to every Disney box art's design for the past ten to fifteen years.

It already made all the money it's going to make theatrically thanks to them not staggering the release as horribly as they normally do. Makes financial sense to get disc sales while it's still popular and fresh in people's minds

mock cover, friend.

Would be funny if Moana becomes Pocahontas 2.0

So you want us to wait the traditional half a fucking year after the theatrical reason is finished?

fuck that.

3-4 months seems to be the norm nowadays
Same amount of time passed for Deadpool, The Force Awakens, and The Revenant, all three completely different movies

It hasn't been half a year in years, m8. Now it's more like 3 months.

you forgot about the power of M-A-R-K-E-T-I-N-G

Moana will be all over your country. Toys, snacks, radio songs, tv ads. Kids will drag their parents to see this movie.

Well, I don't know how Disney's business works, but if one of my products sold well (even if I don't expect it gonna sell well) Why won't I invest more in it? The artbook sold out in many places, even if it's a little profit for Disney, they probably restock books

Also, it seems Byron (Maybe Moore?) wanna work with Zootopia again, he just have to talk with the execs and show them numbers.

Even if it's a B movie, B movies, even shit ones have sequels it they keep giving them money, look that Sharknado films. I just hope they keep the quality.

Yeah, it's a joke, but who knows, Japan loves old and outdate shit.

Where was that implied? If anything, this is about how weird it would be to wait half a year to see a movie again. By then the hype is dead and it's competing with all the other movies in the store.

So cute....

>Gisnep being giving

lol

Maybe they're trying a new marketing technique. They want to get it out before the movie's buzz dies down.

It's weird that it took this long for them to try that. It just looks like common sense.

then they'd have new merch ready to go along the movie.

i havent seen any leaks on taobao, so your assumption might not be true

Moana is unmarketable. Trust me, I've seen Disney brands come and go, Moana is about as marketable as Princess and the Frog.

Little girls don't care about diversity on their lunchbox and that pig's a mangy mascot. Look at those subdued tropical colors of stylized oceanic wood print. Kids are going to hate it.

Well, Kung Fu Panda 3 had a big marketing but it didn't sell well, even China (bigger market) don't like it a lot. And you can't blame bad critics ala BvS, that's irrelevant for kids flicks (see Ice Age and Minions)

Anons in other threads said brown princess films are destined to its doom, like Pocahontas and Frog Princess, Maybe not even the Rock could save Moana bombs... but Who knows?

speaking of toys, does anyone when the van, bogo, flash and ZPD is going to be in stores?

youtube.com/watch?v=xLBbDRmPdSY

sure they're nothing special but........

Not to mention they're going to have arguably the only remaining true old school movie star in the world, Dwayne Johnson, out there pushing it.

is the 1b boxoffice dream dead?

patience, grasshopper. patience.

Well, Lion King was a B-movie for them too. They weren't expecting the James Earl Jones and Mathew Broderick led animal film to be nearly as big as their pet project American princess film with Mel Gibson.

Princess and the frog is what's known as a long term success. The movie made a profit, albeit not a big one. It sold well on DVD. The merch sells fine to this day. If it were a true failure, they would have ignored it like they do Pocahontas and occasionally Brave.

tell me, what's wrong with this

'Cause they know the hype will soon die down.

Probably, most of the countries stop showing it, Blueray release soon, Japan, even if have good number for a animated film, is not enough and Turkey numbers are very low.

We already have 971, I go for 12 more for Japan, 2 for Turkey and 1 for the rest, so 984, but maybe Zootopia beats Lion King...

boxofficemojo.com/alltime/world/
zooboxoffice.com/

I see what's wrong. Star Wars is on there twice, what the fuck?

>tfw no toy of Gazelle to hotglue all over

One's for boys, the other's for girls.

Ew. Stop putting images in my head.

losing against lion king is nothing to be ashamed off, plus it was re-released like 4 times, and its gross wasnt adjusted for inflation or whatever you call it.

Zootopia would make more sense for both sections, bunny girl for girls and cop themse for boys, but i dont work for disney , i dont know that Rey and a round robutt is so popular among girls..

ignoring the spoiled text, there are gazelle toys and plushies with singing option. a one for tomy line would be great coming in bundle with a stripper tiger of course

Oh, okay. I wonder where that picture is from When I went to the disneystore website for Star Wars all I found was pic related. It seemed like the boys and girls stuff were together.

Zoo beat minions? Awesome! I wasn't expecting that, very glad i got to see this happen.

it beat DESPICABLE ME.

not Minions.

A minions movie at least. I lump them all in the same horse shit, which isn't really fairly to Despicable me 1.

say hello to "Comedy Relief:the movie" sequels: Cars 2, Kronk's New Groove, Lion King 3 and so on.

kids love that!

That... Wouldn't happen to Zootopia would it? Byron wouldn't let that happen right?

well, we dont have comedy relief in this movie, all humour comes naturaly.

So Fathauser doesn't count.

LOOK WHERE HIS HAND IS. THIS ISNT PLATONIC

youtube.com/watch?v=OzMJkRwOxjs

whaddya know... few days ago i was asking for possiblity of Honest Trailer for Zootopia.. yes, too early.

but in meantime.. let's check this.

He's carrying her with that grip. What other way would you see that.

You're gonna carry that weight

I haven't been here in a while, are threads usually this slow?

Options are either to hold her up like that, or just drop her to the ground. Nick just did what any other platonic friend would do.

How is that allowed?

Middle of a weekday, so most people aren't posting. /trash/ thread is speedier, but off topic.

yup, artists left, we almost ran out of ideas for discussion, only tenacity and japanese twitter keeps us afloat.

and yeah, that too.

japan teens started to cosplay as nick/judy

silly people.

I forcast world wide making it to 972 with domestic help before Japan goes in.
with japan maybe 983-984.

Sadly, I do not foresee us rising above the yellow tide.

Totally platonic.

Until one decides it isnt.

you've got two weeks left. dont lose your hope just yet, americlap.

Aren't you guys just bundles of joy
Tis the fate of every fad I guess.

nothing can last forever, accept that.

i do bieleve this is not the end of Zootopia, this world can be used in other medium.

Kisses are allowed in platonic relationships right? Just nothing (properly) sexual

Its leaving my theaters in 2 days
I have a friend who wants to see it as he hasnt yet, but our meager offering of 20 souls won't satisfy clawhauser the devourer of films.

what's the source for this image? my google-fu is failing me and I can't read the goddamn sign at the bottom because the artist decided to make it all cute and unreadable

you poor unfortunate souls.

this movie is being aired here sin 19th february, that will be full three months tomorrow.

and guess what? it's still going to be aired for the next two weeks, despite dropping from "top ten"

but never in english, so there's that...

Japs go crazy for anything

Actually, we could possibly beat the domestic gross as it only has a 4M lead.

410,000 adults would need to see the movie at 10 dollars a ticket.

twitter:

search for ズートピア

or if you want our belowed Fennec:

フィニック

Funny how even that looks good

zootopiadeletedscenes.tumblr.com/
interesting.

Odd dialogue but go on...

China seemed to like Kung Fu Panda 3 well enough, considering it set a new record for biggest animated release there with $154 million. Unfortunately for Panda, its record only lasted about 3 weeks until Zootopia smashed past it.

VERY interesting.

I'm happy, couldn't watch it in theaters since there was only the spanish dub version available

you missed out on visuals.

ehh, hope you have a bigass tv then.

There's GOTTA be a sequel coming, right? They'll get together then, right? I SAW the ending. That was NOT just platonic. I haven't seen this much unresolved sexual tension since The X-Files.

Holy shit.
Im hard.

Fucking hell I'm not surprised this didn't make it.

I'm used to missing out due to local movie chains underestimating everything, so I already invested in a nice screen to watch Fury Road and The Martian in.

Huh, so they do use guns.

Nah, fuck the sexual tension. I'm more interested in a sequel where Nick is the main character and they tap into his turbulent backstory while exploring several of the city's districts we didn't see yet. Then there would be sexual tension

youtube.com/watch?v=DHh-SJC9L0c

This is our death knell.
Not a grand bell, not some monk wailing in hell, no, truly this marks how far we fell.
This, this is our death knell.

awesome user, i need to upgrade my stuff too, never watched blurays before.

maybe it's a gmod or something?
...actual GUNS in a kids movie? used by good guys?

i endured.. 5 seconds.

Woah, that's awesome, is this from the Imaging Zootopia Documentary? I haven't watched it yet.

S-sorry?

I've watched that documentary but didn't see that one. It mostly only have stretch scripts.

>vhs
>not superior laserdisc

pleb.