Sokovia Accords

Known regulations of the Sokovia accords looks like they are alot more like the registration act that we thought.

The Avengers will no longer be a private organization, and will now be operating under the supervision of the United Nations.
The Avengers and any other enhanced individual will no longer have authorization to cross international boundaries at any time they wish.
Superheroes must be given clearance by a government before taking action.

Discuss

If cops have to follow strict rules, then people with vastly more firepower absolutely should.

but cops arnt waifu

Fascist, pls.

That Winter Soldier stealth suit looks so damn slim and sexy. Why are the other ones so boxy?

coz its a stealth suit

Cap's the fascist. He wants the authority to unilaterally make military strikes and for the rest of the world's laws to bend over for him.

>Hey, I'm the only guy in the room who doesn't have superpowers, and let me tell you: You guys scare me. What if you do decide to go marching down there, taking care of whoever you think is guilty? Who could stop you? Me?

>Laughing Batman.jpg

Sounds reasonable to me.

>The Avengers will no longer be a private organization, and will now be operating under the supervision of the United Nations.
>The Avengers and any other enhanced individual will no longer have authorization to cross international boundaries at any time they wish.
>Superheroes must be given clearance by a government before taking action.
100% reasonable.

Don't worry batgod will save us

I like the concept art for his undercover suit.

>May we be permitted to go stop this supervil... too late. Oh, well. You're the ones that wanted this, so it's all on you.

The UN doesn't give a fuck about Sokovia or the civilians in Nigeria, they are just using it as a excuse to take control of the most powerful weapons on Earth.

caps how america and humans should be and thats no fascism

B-but Hydro already infiltrated a HUGE government agency and ran that shit.

And guess who controls the UN.

If HYDRA controlled the UN they would probably accomplish something, even if it's evil.
The UN has been a pointless and irrelevant waste of time for decades.

Peace in our time is explicitely Nuke's deepest fear, cap

Not so much in the Marvel universe. If they managed to get GSG 9 swarming on Bucky's place then they aren't as incompetent as in the real life.

possibly but if you follow the events of agents of shield HYDRA has been severely decimated.
Multiple heads cut off at once, large majority of their money is gone and hundreds of bases discovered and sacked.
And their "actual" purpose has fucked them over.

>The UN has been a pointless and irrelevant waste of time for decades.
Which is exactly why making the Avengers be their lap dogs is a bad idea.
Just imagine all the Supervillains hiding in Russia, because there's no way Putin would let in American heroes into his country to deal with it.

At the end of the day it comes down to the fact that the five permanent members of the UN security council are China, France, Russia, the United Kingdom, and the United States. Currently Angola, Egypt, Japan, Malaysia, New Zealand, Senegal, Spain, Ukraine, Uruguay, and Venezuela are the none permanent members of the security council.

In the MCU they only know of a couple alien races, but there are many.

Do you trust any of those governments not to block action if they make a deal with the Kree, Skrulls, Shi'ar, or the Brood decide to invade Earth? Do you trust any of them not to make a deal with some alien force and allow a Hydra-like low level invasion to happen from their countries and block the Avengers from doing anything about it?

I sure as hell don't.

>under the supervision of the United Nations

is truly a concept so hilarious it could only take place in a universe with lightning wielding aliens and unfriendly green giants.
Even then, my suspension of disbelief is stretched thin.

A space slug and his rag tag band of Inhuman misfits?

Of course not im pro no accords. Its just interesting to see the full regulations of the accords. There are more but un cited and they involve all enhanced not just the avengers as it was in civil war.

Avengers should have some regulation though whether its in house or something not governmental but not none.

I'd want to read the entire thing myself, but I wouldn't trust any of the governments not only ignore it but turn enhanced humans into the next nukes. It's why I couldn't trust a one of them. Also they can barely get together a peace keeping force, much less an effective one.

Actually it was Ross. He was just using the UN. He gets the control and power. All the responsibility goes on the UN.

It's far more likely for the 6 or so people on the Avengers to be HYDRA than the leaders of 117 governments.

When you put power in the hands of the few, it can act quicker but is far easier to abuse power.

It's nice in theory and all, but the MCU has shown no decent governing body, and the only shown supervising party (Ross) is terrible.

Rhodey's line about the UN killed me. MCU UN must be heavenly compared to the real one for him to think highly of it even though it existed right alongside the World Security Council and Shield.

The Avengers have only been shown to fight against Hydra, aliens, and robots and not in radical armed conflicts, so there's a limit to how much they have done and how realistic of a setting you want to put them in.