Godzilla Rage AcrossTime

>Godzilla: Rage Against Time is a new IDW comic book series that sends Godzilla back in time to eras when other monsters ruled the planet. And then fight them!
>Each issue of the new series will have a different creative team work on the story. The first issue is by Godzilla In Hell creators Jeremy Robinson and Matt Frank, with covers by Matt Frank, Bob Eggleton and Ulises Farinas.

>bleedingcool.com/2016/05/18/new-godzilla-series-goes-back-in-time-to-feudal-japan/

Who else hype!

FUCK YEAH!!!
I love Time Travel stories where shit gets fucked up!

Yes! More Godzilla anthology-type minis, please!

Trying to replicate In Hell's success, huh? I'll give it a go. The anthology format fits the Big G pretty well.

It's a shame Daiei and Toho won't cooperate to give us Godzilla vs. Daimajin

YYYYEEEEESSSSS

Wait, based Franku worked on In Hell? Huh.
Still, I'll check it out. That cover has me hype.

>Godzilla
>time travel
>mythology

I'm game.

Still kinda hope they go back to the IDWverse some day, though.

This cover is gorgeous.

Man, that was one crazy Yom Kippur...

Anything is better than that oblivion shit

KoM was worse. I will agree the current mini is shit. Especially compared to Godzilla in Hell

Why is kingdom of monsters bad?

Spends more time soapboxing than telling a Godzilla story, then the new guy has to scramble to finish everything in the last half.

Depressing as Hell, too.

>Spends more time soapboxing
Oh, you're one of those guys

Don't watch any godzilla movie then

Saw it earlier, super hype. Especially with Shin just around the corner.

>Getting the first batch of issues in a hard cover book.

>Godzilla leads the fight against the growing ghost army

>That cover art
>Feudal Japan
>Done by the guys who did Godzilla in Hell
Fucking sold

Whoa, whoa. Theres a major difference between the anti-nuke messages of the movies and spending half an issue mocking Republicans, spoiled teenagers, and Lady Gaga.

>everyone working together to fight the big bad
>gigan fucking off
Every time

This is all I want out of IDW's ownership of the property. Have a bunch of creators go at the Big G in a particular scenario/setting.

How long until Godzilla in Space?

You mean like he did in 1965?

I actually thought that was the logical conclusion after Godzilla in Hell. This is interesting too thugh so I guess one series or two more until that happens.

I was wondering when the next IDW Godzilla book would be announced.
You know how they say everyone has one great story in them, and a million shitty stories?

Well, Eric Powell decided to share one of his shitty stories.

Frank did covers.

Pretty sure Daiei as an entity hasn't existed since the '70s. I think it's Kadokawa Shoten now. I just want a Godzilla vs. Gamera crossover... I don't care if it's comic-only. At least just to have them come across one another for the first time.

>"Not the bees! NOT THE BEES!!!"

The full name is Kadokawa-Daiei Film Co. Ltd. now.

They actually approached Toho back in the mid 2000s about making a crossover. Toho said no.

You can cry now.

Eh, that's okay. Toho quality in films dropped off after the '80s anyway.

I just want a Godzilla hypercrisis event. I wanna see different incarnations of Godzilla being gathered together to fight a new threat beyond anything that ever been conceived in Godzilla's universe in the last 60+ years he's been around.

As nice as that is, gathering all the G's together, what the hell could you conceivably make as the antagonist for such an event?

Some kind of Lovecraft-like outer god sort of deal?

Charles Barkley

I met Matt Frank on Free Comic Book Day, he's a pretty cool guy and he likes to say "Morty" like Rick does.

Hoo-boy. You haven't read Kingdom of Monsters, huh.
There was an IDW Godzillaverse storytime a while back; you can find it easily by searching "Godzilla In Hell" for OPs on Desustorage.
It's recommended, if only for what a clusterfuck it is.

godzilla is love, godzilla is life

GIVE OL PAPA A KISSIE KISSIE

How bout a Mecha-DESTOROYAH?

Didn't Dark Horse more or less do this at some point?