X-Men: Apocalypse

Just got done watching Apocalypse. Ask me anything.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Lzeqbws7FiE
youtube.com/watch?v=mAUY1J8KizU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

No.

Is Kurt similar to how he is in the comics?

Why do you eat your own boogers?

will you marry me?

How shoehorned is Mystique?

How is action?

How is Cyclops?

What did you like the most?

Reviews kept implying that, but he didn't actually have a lot of humour to him. Wasn't as emo as X-Men 2 though and only prayed once during downtime.

convenience

I'm not that kind of man.

Was the scene of Jean tapping into the Phoenix Force good?

How many blowjobs do you think Singer gave/received from the twink cast members?

Did they really set up for X-23?

>How shoehorned is Mystique?
Well, she is team leader and is played up as the champion of mutantkind. Storm, Jean, Pietro/Peter and Kurt all call her their idol. Scott luckily keeps his mouth shut in that scene or I might've walked out of the theatre.
She brings the band together at the start and talks Magneto down in the end.
>How is action?
Opening is really cool, there's a lot of nice... not fights, but brutal and creative killings that are fun to watch. The finale is a complete mess in terms of choreography, sadly and it all boils down to, well, Age of Ultron ending, basically.

Finale was really fucking weak. Haven't seen X-Men 3 in ages, but this must've been somewhere down there in terms of finale. Gladly the movie before that is better so I still think it's ok.

>How is Cyclops?
Pretty cool. They do a good job of establishing him, Kurt and Jean, I think. They see a decent amount of screen time and are more interesting to watch than the remaining DOFP cast.
>What did you like the most?
Hmm. The first act was pretty great. They bring a lot of characters back, tie continuity together and do a lot of stuff with several characters at the same time. You see the school up and running and it almost feels like this is actually X-Men for fucking once.

What's the explanation for Stryker having Wolverine, even though it was Mystique masquerading as him who actually found him at the end of DOFP?

How and when does Jubilee die?

>Was the scene of Jean tapping into the Phoenix Force good?
Xavier tells her to let go of all her inhibitions and then she just flares up. But ultimately it's just another laser to fire at Apocalypse. The way they take him down is basically like the last part of the Age of Ultron fight. Just everyone throwing their powers at him and he eventually melts.
You see her at the end rebuilding the school with just Magneto at her side though. So it looks like they are actually trying to go Phoenix before Dark Phoenix this time.

>Well, she is team leader and is played up as the champion of mutantkind. Storm, Jean, Pietro/Peter and Kurt all call her their idol.

Not at all. She's literally in the background of like 2 scenes and only shows up when they discuss going to the mall. But the mall scene was cut, so she's a complete cameo now exactly like in the previous X-Men movies.

>You see the school up and running and it almost feels like this is actually X-Men for fucking once.
This is all I want. But for a full movie.

Somehow that's even worse than her getting killed off.

it's not so far fetched when you think about how she saved the president on tv in that universe - when all mutants were pretty much shamed into hiding and had no one to look up to, suddenly they have a role model that proves they can do good

X-Men: Apocolapyse Jubilee Cut

Coming to store near you Holiday Season 2016

>What's the explanation for Stryker having Wolverine
Completely ignored.

>Did they really set up for X-23?
Stinger is exactly as they said.
A couple of businessmen walk into Weapon X while they are still busy brushing up all the shells they fired at Wolverine and mopping up the blood. They walk to a cuppboard and take a vial of Weapon X blood. They put it in a suitcase on which Essex Corp is written.
Sinister is a cloner, X-23 is a Wolverine clone, it all seems simple enough.
There were also other vials in that suitcase, but they weren't labeled.

What happened to Jubilee?

>This is all I want. But for a full movie.
So do I, user, so do I.
When it cuts back to Apocalypse standing on a hill after Weapon X is done, I had this deep sigh, because now the movie got sidetracked from what I wanted the most.

>Completely ignored.
As I expected.

They seem to be terrified of having Wolverine not have adamatium claws for a full movie.

She had about as much screentime as in the previous X-Men movies. She's basically not in the movie.

How would you rate the movie?

It's a shame that these Fox-men movies are so focused on big summer blockbusters. There's so much more they can get into.

6 maybe 7/10 probably.
I want to see the full-on good version of this movie. As it stands, the script is sloppy in places, but the finale is just a mess, sadly and squanders a lot of the good parts of this movie.

The entire movie and everyone in it, deserved better than that showdown.

I get Storm, Jean, and Kurt but why would Peter idolize her?

He was a neet in his basement and he saw her saving the president on TV. He wasn't quite as awestruck by her as Ororo or Kurt, but he still said she had an effect on him.
As I said, the only one who didn't say something to that effect in that scene was Cyke.

where would you place it with the other X-men movies. is it atleast better than X3?

Describe Magneto's family death pls and how does each of the Horsemen become Horsemen?

A dumb thing about the script I felt:
The mention never gets attacked full-on. Apocalypse takes over Cerebro remotely when Charles scans for Erik. Then they just pop into the mention to snatch Xavier and teleport out again in 10 seconds. The mention blows up, because Havok fires a blast after them, but they are already gone and he hits the engine of the X-jet, which goes completely nuclear for some reason. Then Peter strolls into the compound and apparently his spider-sense tells him that the mansion is gonna blow up and he rescues every single person in the school, except for Havok who already got caught in the first instant of the explosion.
The script for this movie isn't great. I can't understand, how we went from Days of Future Past to this. The quality in script writing doesn't even come fucking close.

It's sounding more and more like this is one of those X-Men movies you skip and watch a year later.

What I want to know is how you misspelled mansion 3 times?

Yeah, it's better than X3 and Origins, but not better than anything else.

>mention
*mansion

It's late over here. Also your language is full of fucking homonyms.

Did "Sweet Dreams" work or was it AMV level?

I couldn't really blame you. I like X-Men though, so I kind of had to find out first hand. It's a pretty big let down, after I felt like the franchise was in decent hands after DOFP.

In any case, the rottentomatoes is well deserved. I can see a lot of critics having a field day with this movie. I can't blame anyone for calling it a mess.
The criticism of "reminds you of all the movies you could be watching instead" also seems like a legit criticism. This movie indulges in a lot of the movie franchise continuity.

The scene was nice, but not nearly as great as the DOFP one. The timeframe and scale was just that much shorter and larger respectively and it couldn't indulge in the same amount of detail as the previous one. It also became a bit too power-levely.

Reminded me of that Flash panel where an entire town just appears a kilometer away in the blink of an eye it takes an atom bomb to go off in that town.

The whole movie is weirdly drenched in over-the-top powerlevel wank, especially towards the end. I still can't believe that they established Apocalypse as un-fucking stoppable and then still just had him overpowered at the end. I would've liked something smarter than that.

>The whole movie is weirdly drenched in over-the-top powerlevel wank
It seems like Fox was worried that their movie was going to be forgotten behind BvS and CW so they just said, "Make everything as big and loud as possible" in an attempt to be "the biggest and most important" because they have the most powerfullest powers.
Or something like that.

Does Wolverine wear this
Or anything like it

Or is he just naked

>Does Wolverine wear this
>Or anything like it
Yeah.
It's not a full helmet that covers the eyes and top of the head, but a weird headband very reminiscent of that. He also has multiple drills and cables lodged in his flesh.
He's not naked though, he wears tattered Hulk pants.

Good enough I guess

After credit?
This takes place in the reality Logan wakes up in at the end of DoFP right?
I'm confused, I've only seen the first trailer and that's all my knowledge on the movie

Is it true that Psylocke has less lines than Magneto's wife? How are the horsemen in general? Magneto goes full Ultimatum, right

>Storm, Jean, Pietro/Peter and Kurt all call her their idol.

Does apocalypse actually grow or is that just in Charles head

>After credit?
>This takes place in the reality Logan wakes up in at the end of DoFP right?
Timeline is First Class -> Days of Future Past -> Apocalypse. Everything else is a suggestion at best or outright non-canon.

>Is it true that Psylocke has less lines than Magneto's wife?
2 lines, as far as I can remember.

Yes, Magneto's wife has enough to establish her relationship to Magneto.
That scene was pretty cool over all.
The whole thing is basically an accident as they just wanted to take Magneto in and he was already surrendering. After it happened, the look of utter shock and terror on their faces was priceless. They knew immediately they had forfeited their lives.
Afterwards Magneto goes full ham and yells at god. Pretty Claremontian. I loved that.

>How are the horsemen in general? Magneto goes full Ultimatum, right
Psilocke and Angel don't really do much, outside of fight in the finale and Angel fights at the start, too I guess.
Storm was also sadly underdeveloped. I would've liked to see more of her.
Mags, starts destroying the world until he gets talked down. It's amazing how he can kill probably hundreds or thousands of people, but afterwards everyone is just ok with him, because he changed his mind half-way through. Gladly they DON'T call it a shift of the magnetic poles. He just digs up iron particles from the ground.

Just on the astral plane.

>she is team leader and is played up as the champion of mutantkind
Fucked over cyclops hardcore in this one didn't they.

Is there any semblance of a decent Scott/Alex relationship or is it just a case of Alex dies and Scott gets all angsty.

Does quicksilver do anything cool and does he die?

They do establish their relationship at least a tiny bit. A few lines before and a few lines after the fact.

Havok's death is a bit bullshit though. Quicksilver literally saves everyone, but then the characters look at the script again and notice, oh wait no, Havok just totally died there, pretty much offscreen. "He was just too close to the explosion".

>Does quicksilver do anything cool
yes
>and does he die?
no

Marvel kinda hates Cyclops. Even if he is by far the best character to ever come out of the X Men.

>played up as the champion of mutantkind
Yeah, the one that tried to kill the president.

>Munn tries to make a big PR deal about she didn't want to be Deadpool's love interest & violence is how Psylocke "speaks"
>two fucking lines
lmao, you can't spin that shit you talentless cunt

Doesn't matter if they hate him they still wrote him to become the leader of all mutant kind

Oh look. It is the shitty Deus Ex Crap-ina character again.

>but then the characters look at the script again and notice, oh wait no, Havok just totally died there
That's some good shit.
youtube.com/watch?v=Lzeqbws7FiE

Mystique only wanted to kill Trask.
Magneto wanted to kill everyone.

do they really build a sentinel that kills him?

Not anymore. He is dead off panel because writers hate his guts.

Should I watch this if I liked DoFP?

Spoil me the homoerotic scenes, OP.

God no, that actually sounds awesome. No, he just gets lasered down by Mags, Phoenix and Storm.

Sentinels do have a cameo at the end though. The team assembles in the danger room in those fancy outfits they've been posting everywhere (come back for the sequel for the REAL X-Men, we swear we're gonna do it this time).
Mystique holds a speach to them about what it means to be X-Men and that the world needs them etc. pp. . Then the room lights up and a wall opens and out walk three Sentinels, ready to fight. One last close up of Xavier as the Danger Room door closes and cut to credits.

There's only two scenes where Xavier and Mags interact.
One of them is through Cerebro with half the world between them.

The other one, Magneto completely doesn't listen to Charles. They really didn't do much with that whole Magneto thing in the end. Which makes it all the more surprising that he still heel turns again after Mystique reminds him that he could just believe in the X-Men instead of blowing up the planet. Did I mention that the finale is a mess?

Oh sorry, they actually do have one last talk in the last sequence of the movie. That one might actually get closer to what you're looking for, now that I think about it.

Wonder if any of these movies will ever have Xavier tp "to me my x-men"

How does it compare to the 1st and 2nd of this trilogy?

God, fuck how Cyclops has been treated since AvX. I hate hearing X-fans whine conspiracy as much as anyone, but it's hard not to buy into it a little when you look at the state of the major players in X-books these days.

>Havok already dead

D R O P P E D
R
O
P
P
E
D

Will Fox ever make a decent movie?

no

>2 lines, as far as I can remember.
fug
does munn at least strike a pose that makes me want to turn her into a mindless sex slave

>Before today the score at RT was 59%
>today is 49%

J-Just

He was so close at one point in this movie, I really thought he'd do it.

First Class is always divisive - I love it as I can overlook its tons of minor flaws and just enjoy the most colorful X-Men movie to date.

Days of Future Past is a very well assembeled movie. It's great.

Apocalypse has a lot of good parts and a lot of bad parts, but different from First Class, the bad parts are still integral parts of the story, so it's impossible to overlook them and they end up dragging the whole thing down. Ultimately, it's a significantly worse movie than the previous two.

Deadpool was cool. Director of that potential New Mutants movie appeared to be an actual fan for once. Maybe he can deliver something. But then if this flops, I doubt Fox will get very far with their plans.
Fuck - this is the worst possible time to make a movie like this.

Who dies?

Really? what happned in the finale

Apocalypse and Havok.

Some think Archangel dies too, others just think he's really really hurt.

Havok and Apocalypse.
I have a tough time remembering if Angel survived.

>Quicksilver scenes once again the standout

Why doesn't Bryan Singer just direct the Flash?

the audience's hopes and dreams

More importantly, WAS HE RIGHT

youtube.com/watch?v=mAUY1J8KizU

this shit is the same problem people had with the ASM2 ending.

Apocalypse has built a huge pyramid from the dust he created by razing Kairo. He has Xavier in his possession and plans to take over his body by using two body swap pedestals. His idea is that with his power amplification and Xavier's talent, he'll basically be full-cerebro all the time allowing him to basically mind control earth into submission.
Meanwhile amped Magneto floats in the air and starts destroying shit all over the planet. The X-Men arrive (Beast, Mystique, Nightcrawler, Quicksilver, Jean, Cyclops). Mystique and Quicksilver go to talk Magneto down. The rest just randomly goes to engage the other Horsemen. A lot of poorly choreographed fights happen and eventually Nightcrawler just teleports into the pyramid and snatches Xavier out of the body swap machine. Then he rescues Jean and Scott from their Jet as Archangel attacks them who remains in the craft, crashes and burns, Psylocke jumps off the plane which apparently catapults her out of the fight, she is later shown unharmed, somehow.
Apocalypse is pissed because Xavier ran from him. So he just wanders into a random street in the ruins of Kairo, which will be the stage for the final fight. Quicksilver fights Apoc. Quicksilver airjuggles Apoc, but eventually Apoc manages to snare him with his Sand control and breaks one of his legs and an arm. Mystique sneaks up on Apoc disguised as Psylocke and slashes at Apocs throat. He grabs her by the neck and you get the trailer shot.
cont.

>Psylocke jumps off the plane which apparently catapults her out of the fight, she is later shown unharmed, somehow.
This shit is hilarious.

Charles engages Apoc through the mind link he opened during the transfer. Apoc wrecks his shit mentally. Meanwhile Magneto finally bothers to join the fight after Mystique had talked him down by reminding him of... the fact that the X-Men may make things better? It's pretty stupid.
Anyway, so he attacks Apoc by throwing a never-ending torrent of metal shards at Apoc who creates a shield. And I mean never ending. He will not stop this for the entire rest of what I'm describing. So Cyke joins in with his optic blast, but Apoc force pushes him into a wall and the wall starts swallowing him. Xavier finally gets battered the fuck down by Apoc and is about to fucking bite it. So he just pulls out all the stops from Jean who then gains Phoenix powers. So she starts blasting Apoc too. He sees he's losing and wants to teleport out, but Storm joins in after seeing Apoc wreck Mystique(her personal hero) and they break him down before he can escape. He says something along the lines of Phoenix being a revelation to him, even more powerful than him, then he gets burnt to nothing.
Then Psylock awkwardly walks away from the whole scene.

Maybe it wouldn't have felt so quaint if the final part wasn't literally Apoc just blocking with his shield, standing in some ruins of an average Kairo road until the X-Men finally managed to do enough DPS to burst his shield down.

How are the costumes still looking so bad?
Nothing looks like it fits right, and even then just the designs are so bad.
How do they go from Deadpool/TNW/Colossus, to this?

Those just randomly lie around in Weapon X and they put them on on a whim when they leave.
"Flight suits". For jet flying.

>Apocalypse
>Phoenix is a "Revelation" to him

BRAVO SINGER

turns out next movie is about "dark x-men" as a bunch of clones.
x-23, madelyn pryor, cassandra, dark beast (grey fur), joseph, and in the end credits, its revealed... evan.

Ok, I'll go sleep now.

Does he then say "with the benefit of hindsight?"

>no trip to prove identity

Kill yourself. Literally commit suicide for posting spoilers outside of spoiler tags for a movie that isn't out in North America. I strongly urge you to jump off a bridge.

Did Oscar Isaac's voice ruin the whole Apocalypse experience?

Does Cyclops get called Cyclops before he gets the one-lens glasses?

Daffy pls

Most of the major players were taken down several pegs to promote Cyclops over the past few years. He's the one X-character current Marvel likes.