Synecdoche, New York

Okay so this movie is pretty polarizing everywhere. People claim it to be a masterpiece, or claim it to be utter shit. Which is it to you, Sup Forums?

Mediocre movie that try's to present itself as deep by shoving philosophical ideas down your throat. Visually, the movie was pretty boring which is detrimental to a contemplative movie like this.

*shits down your throat*

I though it wa extremely impressive, very intricate and thought provoking. It definitely held my attention the whole time. However it never made me feel nowhere near as emotional as other people apparently did. I was intrigued, and obviously the movie sets a bleak mood, but I didn't cry or feel affected for long after. I rate it highly because technically is a very nice film, but I wouldn't call it a favorite

i liked it, it did somthing differant in the medium we havnt seen which was refreshing

masterpiece. its not the best film in the world, but it has some really interesting and in depth "easter eggs" iff you will, or really more so just a lot of things going on relating to eachother. quite a few things that can be interpreted a few different ways.

all in all i think it is a fantastic film that pushes the boundaries of modern cinema. its not exactly the most comfy watch but it leaves you thinking, and i think thats what great films do.

I live in Schenectady. It's a shithole on it's way to being okay again. I'm down to answer any questions about the location.

>being this contrarian

do you have a mall and is there a hot topic and do they have the new blood on the dance floor album on sale cuz my mom is only giving me twenty dollars and i need to get tendies from the food court and i cant torrent because i already got in trouble for downloading MLP erotic fanfiction like god mom im sorry you cant understand higher forms of literature and mediums for farts sake am i freaxxxing rite or wat guys XD XD XD ps......... here is a pikture of a koalabearz its my spirirt animals rawr! ^__^

I don't hate the movie, I just went into it with overblown expectations. based on the synopsis, I thought the movie would be similar to something like once upon a time in America. I was just disappointment when it turned out to be an quirky philosophical movie.

Kaufman is an awful writer, they always spiral into a mess of illogical characterizations by the end just so he can pull his wacky ideas off

Read Simulations and Simulacra and you'll get it. The movie is essentially based upon that.

>Visually, the movie was pretty boring.
Get out right now.

Screenplay man should have passed his art onto a better director. It would have made a better movie.

I claim it to be one of the 30 movies on my list of movies I should watch but I never watch because it sounds fucking depressing and I'm drunk and besides I could just watch The Matrix or Starship Troopers again and I will definitely watch this movie sometime but not tonight, maybe tomorrow.

For me? Well I haven't seen it in so long I forgot what actually happens. Definitely on my watch again list now that i'm older, but I remember it as a special film. Even if I didn't understand it, it stuck with me in a way no other film has. I would call it magical.

I liked the end but the rest was p boring tbqh

it's a solid 6 out of 10

No wonder we get fucking alien 4 and transformers 5. idiots like you

We all have movies like that. I actually feel giddy knowing that some night you will be sober and want to watch something and you will see it for the first time. That's special.

It's on the list. It will be watched. Probably it will fuck me up. Then I will get drunk the next night and watch The Matrix.
That scene where they shoot up the security guards in slow motion though. Fuck yeah

The movie was really great, not because it's 'philosophical' or pretentious but because it's focused on generating feeling in the audience. It's a horror movie about real life. A bunch of big fears most people have. Losing a child both physically and emotionally. Failing as a parent. Death. Being betrayed by your spouse. Getting a disease. That life is meaningless. The fear that we are not getting enough out of life, that we are living in representations and projections and not in the moment. That love is a myth. That our parents will die. That we will get old. That our own identity is a projection. That we have no free will. It's just a huge list of major fears a lot of people have and it goes over them in a movie, which I think is interesting. It also has a pretty interesting soundtrack. I'd rather watch something like this than movies today because it at least has feeling, even if it's super depressing.

>boring

>some night you will be sober