Netflix has canceled Baz Luhrmann's show about the birth of hip-hop, "The Get Down," after just one season

>Netflix has canceled Baz Luhrmann's show about the birth of hip-hop, "The Get Down," after just one season.

>"The Get Down" was an expensive undertaking, costing Netflix a whopping $120 million to make, according to Variety. The production was also smacked with a bunch of issues, so much so that writers reportedly began calling it "The Shut Down," since production started and stopped so often.

>"The Get Down" is one of only a few shows Netflix has canceled. The streaming giant has loudly rejected the "pilot" system of TV, instead ordering full seasons of shows before any of them air. And since it began releasing original shows in 2013, Netflix has stuck by a remarkably high percentage of them for subsequent seasons.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/tv/thread/83155939/#83165765
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Never heard of it.

It was really good, especially if you're into hip hop.

Obviously they axed it due to the price tag. Same with Marco Polo at season two, after they had already trimmed all the fat from the budget. Hell, I'd bet Marco Polo only even got a second season because they were attempting to get the GoT audience and thought cancelled it at season one would be too humiliating after spending almost 100 million to buy it, after Starz passed on the project.

>$120 million
what? literally how?

Lots of rewrites and reshoots because Baz Luhrmann is a perfectionist.
archive.4plebs.org/tv/thread/83155939/#83165765

One of the best shows on netflix, but too kino for the general pleb audience

Is it good though

I couldn't get through the first episode desu
The minute Jayden Smith turned up as the wise street philosopher I turned it right off, that combined with the horrible writing

The premise doesn't sound interesting desu

>show about black """""culture""""

Yeah no thanks, I'd rather watch "Unsealed Alien Files" than this trash

(you)

>it was really good, especially if you're into trash lowest common denominator music
ftfy

Everything Baz Luhrmann makes is terrible.

classic 16 year olds

Good, stop forcing shows on people. At least they did right with Castlevania.

if you like hip hop and the history of where it originated from, you'll like this.

What the fuck are you even talking about

i don't understand this post

I agree with this post. Who gives a shit about blacks talking fast about money and bitches?

Everything Baz Luhrmann makes is horrifically expensive.

>perfectionist
>makes shit

Not sure if this bait. Not all of them rap about money and bitches, and not all of them are black.